Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Naked in the Sacristy

Saying for the Day: If you die in a dream then you die in real life.

Every day after I finish entering my blog for the day I visit the blogs of every one of my links. That’s why the links are there to make it easy for me. Sometimes these visits cause some seldom used brain cells to activate and old memories come flooding back (some good, some bad).
That was my experience yesterday. I visited Chana’s blog (Go Forth &). She blogged about dreams past and present.
It reminded me of when I was a kid I had this terrible nightmare where I was in a highchair at the top of a long flight of stairs. I couldn’t get out even though I tried. Then the chair started to tip. I screamed and screamed but nobody came. The chair began to fall and fall. Then I would wake up before it hit the bottom.
Some relative ( a genius ) told me that if it hits the bottom I would die in the dream and real life. That reassured me.
Then I was so terrified I didn’t want to go to bed. I knew the dream would come and I would hit the bottom and die.
What saved me is I began to listen to radio shows. One had a list of wanted criminals at the end. My dream changed to one where the crook was trying to come in through the window to get me. But in this dream my dog would save me ( my dog slept on the foot of my bed). I would wakeup so thankful for the dog.
Now all those dreams are gone , like my childhood.
Now I dream of being in the sacristy . That’s were pastors robe before entering the church.
I am naked and can’t find a robe. The first hymn has started and the congregation is waiting for me. This is a nightmare.
But at least I’m not falling. Fired, maybe! Laughed at, maybe!
But not falling.

@@@
8350 spins without a prize. Of Old Hapless had driven that many nails he's have all the trestles built for his outdoor layout. If he had put that much money into savings when he was young he would now have a million. But what he does have for all those spins is nothing. Every day he sees the camera spin by. He likes cameras. Every day the DVD player spins by. He likes DVD players. Everyday lots and lots of money spins by. He likes money. But he wins nothing. Darn that IWON.com. It should be a .con instead of .com.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if the weather stays nice Pigeon Falls should be returning from the fog and Old Hapless will be replaced . Then instead of "As the World Spins" we will get "The News from Pigeon Falls".
****

I have added another link. If I keep adding links I won't have any time to go to random blogs and get points. But these are good blogs and I want to visit them. Well it was a pretty dull Wednesday. Betty went to Tops. I began to look at what we need to do to get Pigeon Falls back into existance and we start tomorrow. Betty has been visiting a lot of blogs and I think she's hooked. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My recurring nasty dream as a child was being on a rollercoaster. It would pass over higher and higher hills, then scream up the last one, which I knew was where the car was going to come off the rails and fly into the sky.

Which it invariably did, but I always woke up before hitting the ground.

Interestingly, I've never had a dream in which I've died.

Maybe he was right, Doc!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I'm sure that 'genius' meant no harm. It' so easy to tease a child really and of course it's best when we get a reaction. When i thought of your 'nakedness', i immediately thought of it in a good way. Maybe it's a form of being pure or clean or free to face God with no earthly attatchments. Just you, your soul, your heart. As you read i'm not anyone to give advice on any dreams. Yet i honestly think that a soul like yours is so close to God for you are his Faithfull Servant. I thank you for your comment, they are always so very welcome and appreciated. I hope you are on the road to betterness and read you tomorrow.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I rarely dream....once in a while Ill have one of those dreams that scare you and they just stick with you all day. Im kinda glad I dont dream often...I sleep better that way. lol

5:35 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

I have had a dream where I get shot. The first time I had it I woke up before the bullet hit. Being in the same family with the samr reltives I heard the same thing. I also have a wise Mom who told me that I control my dreams so when I had the dream again the bullet missed me.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I thought I had left a comment saying I have died in some of my dreams and now I am waiting to see who comes to the funeral! I'll try it again....Lori

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, I can see that high chair on the stairs -- it's in my head like a black & white Hitchcock movie. Terrifying!

The only recurring dream I had as a child was a series of scenes of my day-to-day life in a Canadian boarding house. Now, my family claims I've never spent any time in Canada, but I've caought them in some pretty big fabrications about my history, so you never know!

I'm off to have my own pre-bedtime breathing treatment -- Duo-Neb with a chaser of Tussin expectorant. What an exotic nightcap!

Sweet dreams, Dr. John!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home