Saturday, April 15, 2006

It happened on my birthday!

Saying for the day:Almost everyone born on the same day as me is dead.

I saw this on TC’s blog and he got it from somewhere else. You go to Wikipedia, and type in your birth date (minus the year) in the search box.

From the lists displayed, pick 3 interesting events, 2 births, and 1 death which occurred on the same day as your birthday, and show the year.

I have added to that my reasons for the picks .

Here are my picks.

1871 - French Government troops invade the Paris Commune and engage its residents in street fighting. By the close of "Bloody Week" some 20,000 communards have been killed and 38,000 arrested.
I picked this because all kinds of people were killed and you couldn’t blame America or Bush.

1934 - Oskaloosa, Iowa, becomes the first municipality in the United States to fingerprint each of its citizens.
I always thought Big Brother started in Iowa instead of washington.
.
2004 - Stanislav Petrov is awarded the World Citizen Award for averting a potential World War III in 1983.
I just wanted to say thanks to Stanislav since I really didn’t want World War III

Now two births:
1939 - Heinz Holliger, Swiss oboist and composer
I don’t really like the oboe so you guess why I picked this birth.

1984 - Sandy Cheeks, fictional squirrel
How neat is this. Sharing a birthday with a squirrel.

Finally one death:

1996 - Lash LaRue, American actor (b. 1917)
With all the bad guys he escaped from in the movies when I was a kid I didn’t think he could die.

@@@
8500 spins without a win. Old Hapless almost got taken in by the Michigan lottery advertisement that "It's about to rain millions". He was in the grocery store and was just about to buy a ticket when a little voice in the back of his head said" If you can't win with all the free ones you enter , what makes you think you can win in one you pay money for?" Sometimes you need to listen to those little voices.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if Old Hapless doesn't forget what the voices said and goes ahead and buys a losing ticket thus making him too depressed to blog. We will be back tomorrow with another chapter of " As the World Spins".
****

There are new pictures of the community where I live on Upper Michigan and Beyond . There is a link on the side. I finished the first half of the trestle . We celebrated Pennie's birthday which is today and Caleb's birthday which is tomorrow. Both Caleb and Pennie seemed to enjoy their gifts. Now the grandkids, Pennie, and Betty have gone shopping and Pat is playing Nintendo.I've been reading my daughter-in-law's blog "Lori's Minute" and have discovered things about her and my son I never knew before. When I talked to Pete he said he didn't know some of it either.The boys and Pennie, with a little help from grandma, colored Easter Eggs. They are very creative. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I feel like since a dummy....how could I have lost my blog???? And why can you find it and I cant??? lol. Is this your birthday? If so...Happy Birthday Dr John!!!!! Im so upset about my blog I just sat here and ate 2 donuts...I dont know whether to go lookin for my blog or have another donut!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"1939 - Heinz Holliger, Swiss oboist and composer
I don’t really like the oboe so you guess why I picked this birth."


Cause you like ketchup?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

That is a pretty neat thing to be able to do. Wikipedia is an absolutely amazing resourse. Thanks for the heads up. I'm now left wondering if it's your bday today? I'm thinking not, as you didn't say. I know for sure it's your daughter. Pls pass on our best wishes for a lovely day. I hope she is most happy.
Hope you are doing well.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's all be thankful that Stanislav Petrov didn't go M.A.D. on us in 1983.

Woohoo!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Thank you for plugging my blog...nice of you to do it discreetly when I complained about people not reading it....Happy Easter!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. John said:

1984 - Sandy Cheeks, fictional squirrel
How neat is this. Sharing a birthday with a squirrel.

I say:

Good morning, Doc! I find it more intriguing that you share a birthday with a fictional squirrel! Isn't that a sort of oxymoron?

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home