Sunday, May 14, 2006

On Choir Directors

Saying for the Day: It is hard to have a good choir without a good choir director.

Because miracle number one opened up the box that contains “ the gift of tongues”. I thought I would share with you a story from my life.
I attended the Holy Spirit Conference in Minneapolis with my wife and children.
It was a sensational conference even though I was not charismatic (i.e. I did not speak in tongues). I learned a great deal.
The highlight of the conference was the evening worship. The singing was out of this world. You could feel the spirit of God moving through the place.
Then suddenly, without warning, they began to sing in tongues. All those people singing in whatever language God gave them and it all blended together into the most beautiful music( I suppose because the Holy Spirit directed it). All I could do was listen and rejoice.
The following Pentecost, the Catholic Charismatics , gathered in Rome to celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit. The gathering was televised. There on national television they began to sing in tongues.
I said to the family “ It sounds just like Minneapolis”
One of my kids responded “ It should! They have the same choir director”

@@@
9950 spins without a prize. Yesterday Old Hapless entered free contests the prizes of which totaled over $50 million dollars. He didn't win a cent. Now that's losing on a grand scale. Aside from the millions there were lesser things like boats , cars, and watches. He didn't win those either. Hapless just doesn't win. Some little old lady with five cats wins a million (really five million). Some unemployed drunk wins 12 million. But old cat less Hapless wins nothing. Perhaps he should take up drinking and get a cat.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if Old Hapless doesn't get a cat and trip over it putting him back in the emergency room and away from all computers. We will be back tomorrow with "AS the World Spins".
***

Another rainy , miserable day. At least it didn't snow. Took Betty out for a Mother's say brunch at The Station. We were the last people so we got it for half price. Betty enjoyed. I started work on tomorrow's loser's party. You of course are invited to lose with us. Peter called and Lori and Bree now have the family cold. Well I need a breathing treatmemt.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger butterflies said...

I guess they did have the same director..the Holy Spirit:)
Nice observation.
When I hear ppl singing in tongues,I think it must be what the angels sound like in heaven.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I always thought you had smart kids.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

i BET IT SOUNDED BEAUTIFUL! I LIKE LORIS POST ABOUT THE SMART KIDS...LOL

1:19 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

I remember an episode of Touched by an angel where it was stated that when god is the director everyone can sing like angels even us Linna's.

8:21 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

i would love to hear this singing in tongues. it must have been beautiful to hear.
Thanks for dropping by.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home