Monday, May 08, 2006

A Comment Conversation

Saying for the Day: Coffee and comments go well together. I always drink cofee while reading yours.

Well it’s “ leave a comment Monday” and I have been out leaving comments. I rather enjoy going to new blogs and thinking of something interesting to say. It is much easier , of course, on the blogs I visit every day. They become like neighbors or family. After a while you feel like you know them and that you have visited with them.

Some time ago I suggested that leaving a comment was like stopping in for a coffee and a little chat. The only thing wrong with that analogy is that we never get to finish the conversation.

Its like visiting, starting a conversation, and then your cell phone rings and you have to leave. The conversation stops in mid air , never to be completed.

The next time you stop in we talk about something else. One day we start a conversation about child raising but the next we are on hot air balloons ( I like hot air balloons) . The following day we talk about fish and the brain. We never finish any of these conversations. But they are still interesting. Perhaps we can put them together. It might look like this.

Visitor : “ I think that raising children is a pain in the neck.
My mother left my kid brother ride in a hot air balloon once. My brother got all the breaks.
My parents made me eat a lot of fish that’s why I’m the smart one in the family. They couldn‘t make my brother eat fish and look how he turned out.”
You have to admit that’s an interesting conversation.
Good commenting.

@@@
9650 spins without a prize. Soon very soon Old Hapless will take the summer off and Pigeon Falls will return. One can almost see it coming through the spring fog. So Old Hapless is getting everything ready. He is cleaning up the over used letters. He is working out some way to keep count of the losing spins. It is lots of work getting ready for a vacation.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if Pigeon Falls doesn't suddenly appear through the fog and thus get Hapless started on his vacation we will be back tomorrow with another chapter of "As the World Spins"
****
We went to Iron River this morning to get a new license tab as my birthday is coming up. We also picked up stuff for the congestion we both have. In the afternoon we finished the Pigeon Falls main street except for a last clear coat. We wanted to do that but the weather got cold and ugly. Perhaps, we can get it done tomorrow. Betty went and had her hair done. Now she really looks beautiful. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Life may be like a box of chocolates, conversations may be like coffee, but commenting is like fast food while on a road trip.
Peace,
Chris

4:47 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i like the way you often show me a different side of the coin...i never thought of it like that but you are right-again...:)
i hope that through time, maybe all this pieces of conversation might start making sense. like a quilt, although small, diffefent pieces but in the end it's all the same theme and it looks like they all belong..

i'm grateful for your daily visits..thank you...

i hope you had a good wknd. i am off to read your last two post..

hope you are well...read you tomorrow..

6:38 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Maybe you should have like...a weekly topic....each day have a point on a specific view of the topic...then it would be like a real conversation of sorts, based on what people leave in the comments....just a thought....

Hope Your Monday isn't icky!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Ok, I am leaving a comment so where is my coffee? That's ok, I do not like coffee.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love your veiws and the way you say things....and I love my 'blog family'...you can have the coffee..Ill have an ice cold coke.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Everything you said sounds about right to me. I've been going to blogs for several months. Unfortunately I only really seem to like a small percentage of the ones I stumble onto. Fortunately, yours is one of the ones I really like. It's lively and intelligent. Like I imagine you are too.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKAY ... I JUST WENT & REFILLED MY COFFEE CUP!
I'm off to a slow start today ... after the comment that I just left on your previous post ... I said a little prayer asking for a bit more ambition for the day ... and a little less procrastination.
I suppose that is rather rude to visit a friend (or a blog) ... and just "look in the window" ... and not stop to say at least, "HI".

P.S. There will be more home photos on the next entry on my blog ... including yours (That one was just a previow ... SORRY!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment is like a double de-caf rich roast with an extra shot, caramel syrup and a lot of froth...

Not much substance - on account of how I gotta dash... :D

3:35 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Hey it is like coffee at starbucks drive thru. A short brief conversation about the events right in front of you.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...... exactly WHEN is that birthday coming up ? I'm betting it's some time in May. We wipe out a good chunk of our family's birthdays this month ... three of them on the same day. ( Including yours truly !) Tina

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so affirming..

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home