Sunday, May 21, 2006

A very good life

Saying for the Day: If yours as old as you feel then I'm 102.

Well I’m sixty seven years old today.
Looking back over those years I can tell you they have been pretty wonderful.

I had a great childhood with a wonderful (though not perfect) family.

God gave me a wonderful wife to share most of the years with.

I have three wonderful kids and five wonderful grandkids.

God called me to a church with some of the greatest people you could ever meet.

My walk with Christ has filled my life with joy.

Of course there were a few bumps along the way ( mostly caused by my stubbornness , fear of doctors, and inability to take advice)

But over all I have no complaints.
Life is good.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls
I started yesterday introducing you to some of the people who live in Pigeon Falls. The list continues.
Grandma Moris – Caters all Pigeon Falls weddings (or almost all) and has forever. She makes wonderful little cakes.
Dr. John Fortress– Owner of the M&CL railroad ( Moneypit and Cash Loss) A seldom seen individual except when the train breaks down.
Buddy East– The present Great and Exalted, High and Wonderful, Grand Pigeon . He is head of Pigeonelle Lodge number 1
Liar’s Club 65 piece band– Local band with three members.
Mrs. Wilson McMorison III – A very rich woman with bad driving habits. She is the first one to see the white rabbit.
Geo Maki-Rich farmer and member of the town council.
Mrs. Horacio Trumble– Has seen the white rabbit and swears it’s the very incarnation of evil. She is driving everybody nuts.
Roger Stir– Insurance man and council member. One of the power centers in Pigeon Falls.
Orlanno Cassino – Lawyer and town council member.
****

This was a wonderful day. My wife got me a cake with a little train on it. My son, his wife, and two of my grand kids came to visit. The son gave me a new keyboard. My daughter called and wrote an extra nice blog about me (All lies of course). I got a great new engine for the outside layout. WE went out to eat at Fob's. What a wonderful day. Even the church called and wished me a happy birthday. Well I still need a breathing treatment.
God Bless You All

8 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Happy Birthday too! Living a good life with God on your side will surely guarantee you a nice life ahead.
Thanks for dropping by.

6:15 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

Happy Birthday to You!!! I hope you have a wonderful day, you deserve it.

I really love reading about the people of Pigeon Falls

7:18 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Happy birthday to youuuuuu
Happy Birthday to youuuuu
Happy birthday dear Doctorrrrr
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuuu

Wishing you a great birthday!!!!!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Happy birthday Dr John.
I pray you have many more great years with your wife and family:)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT A HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY YOU HAD!

What a blessed life you have ... not everything is perfect, of course ... we must take the good with the bad.

I'll bet that all of Pigeon Falls is happy to see the Spring & the End of Winter.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DR. JOHN!!

It sounds like you had a fabulous day with your family! Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, but was insane for me...I'll blog about it later!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday, Dr. John!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful day with all of us. You give us that gift, every day!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
Pennie wrote a wonderful and love filled post. And i second the joy that you were born. All your wisdom and love trickles down even to strangers in Canada...

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home