Friday, June 02, 2006

Goodbye Old Fool

Saying for the Day: It is always hard to say goodbye .

I pulled a link today. It no longer attaches to the blog I liked reading. The link was “Laughable Old Fool”. The fella that wrote it quit blogging . He was insightful, funny and lifted your spirits. I miss him already. Just in case he is lurking around reading blogs I want him to know he is missed.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The four town council members went for coffee at the Town Hall this morning at 10:00. Somebody said they took a conference call of some kind. But they maintain they just had coffee. Nobody seems to have heard from Mayor Angela South since she went to Lansing and there is some speculation that if there was a call it was from her.
No dead pigeons today and everybody breathed a sigh of relief. Eino is talking about bringing up his old friend Pete from Green Bay to try to catch whoever is doing this. Pete is a whiz at solving puzzles. Eino says if Pete will promise not to wear that silly Sherlock Holmes hat he might just call him.
No white rabbit sightings , either. One wonders if the two things are related. Probably not.
The Bishop has been asking about local lawyers and Nancy thinks that he is going to sue the town over the millage thing. One of the ladies thinks he’s going for a divorce as his wife still hasn’t shown up.
Our Chicago person doesn’t come out of his house ever. The ladies have nicknamed him the Pigeon Falls hermit. Pastor marvel tried a welcoming visit but the guy wouldn’t even come to the door. Maybe he just doesn’t like the church.
Pigeon Falls like any good small town has a town drunk. His name is Willie. He is not just a drunk. He is the town drunk. He is the one that everyone can point to and say well at least I’m not like Willie. Willie knows everybody because for the last ten years he has attended every funeral in Pigeon Falls. Since every funeral is followed by a luncheon he gets to eat free. He also gets to know a lot of people. He really is our drunk.
*****

I removed one link and added a new link. This one is Jafabrit's Art. I have looked at the entries for the last few days and decided it was weird enough for me to look at on a regular basis. If you want an example of toilet seat and toilet plunger art go there. Spent a good part of the`day riding to Green Bay. We did a little shoping and then went to Peter's house. It was good to see the grandkids. If I don't blog tomorrow it is because I left my laptop home. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

If that blogger can lift up other spirits with his posts, then I hope he does come back.
Have a nice weekend.

5:02 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

I bet the Bishop is getting divorced, that would be one reason to move to a new place. I am sure he is not suing over the millage, he hasn't been there long enough! At least there were no dead pigeons today, I was at the zoo yesterday and I saw a bunch of them, I think they are hiding out from Pigeon Falls!!!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always sad when a blogger fades away.

It just makes me more determined to stick with it...even through the days when I have to wrack my brains about what to say!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I was sad to see Dick the Boomer had left too....but we all must move on...I think his work scdule was just oreventing him from blogging too much....

Pigeon Falls reminds me of the Vineyard in the old days....lotsa gossip, etc.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those shady town council members -- don't they know everybody's speculating about their little "meetings"?

Is there any chance the Mayor's up at the Bishop's house? I mean, his wife's not in town . . .

Perhaps the white rabbit will make like the Pied Piper, and lead all the pigeons to safety!

Well, I'm off -- I need a cuppa tea! Just, plain tea! Thank God I'm not like Willie . . .

12:08 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Thanks for the shout out, and I am glad you enjoy my posts. I don't have to be weird all the time though, do I ;)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I miss Dick too.....I wish he would come back. We have a few people in our town that attend funerals for the free dinner too!

3:09 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

There was a funny, odd man turned up at my grandmothers funeral...no-one knew him nor had ever seen him before but he ate a lot of food!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm sorry that your friend is gone. it sounds like it was sudden and unexpected. i hope he is well and happy.

isn't that the 2 hush-hush meeting for council? definitely up to no good i say...
i'm relieved to know that the pigeon killings stop for at least today..i'm wondering if they are connected somehow to the rabbits appearance...

so glad that you are visiting your son and family...surely hope you are all happy in each other's company...

thank you a million times over for your kindness...your comments and thoughts are so welcomed and appreciated...i'm glad that you are better too...i'm glad for your angel and i'm glad that in this blogger world of so many i have you and your family...

hope you are well, enjoy your wknd and read you soon...

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one of those plungers. Anybody who is dealing with a stopped up toilet could use a little humor. That plunger just might do the trick in both departments.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home