Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Another Darn Tag

Saying for the Day: Tag your it.

Cissa Firehart tagged me on Monday. I hate being tagged.

Four Jobs I’ve had in my life.
1. Santa Claus for Montgomery Ward
2. Deckhand on Ore Boat
3. Counselor Bay Cliff Health Camp
4. College Teacher ( mathematics)

Four Movies I would watch over and over
1. Wizard of Oz
2. Dumbo
3. Any Gene Autry or Roy Rogers movie
4. The Greatest Fourth of July Ever

Four Places I have Lived
1. Ishpeming, Michigan
2. Chicago, Illinois
3. Ewen, Michigan
4. Trout Creek, Michigan

Four TV shows I love to watch (love may be too strong a term)
1. Deal or No Deal
2. All My Children
3. Monk
4. Train Talk

Four Places I have been
1. Cedar Point Amusement Park
2. Fort Francis , Ontario
3. Six Flags over Texas Amusement Park
4. London England

Four Web Sites I visit daily
1. Iwon.com
2. Google
3. Art 166
4. Lori’s Minute

Four of my Favorite Foods
1. Saffron buns
2. Steak
3. Mashed potatoes
4. Dr. Pepper Bread

Four Places I would rather be right now
1. Green Bay
2. Madison
3. Cornwall, England
4. Any place you can’t be tagged

Because I don’t like being tagged I never tag anybody but feel free to jump in.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– Well yesterday’s announcement has the town in shock. There is nothing quite like being told you may not exist.
It seems the town has no Charter and no constitution . All the town acts for who knows how long may be null and void.
There is now no town clerk. That means nobody to hire the part time people who clean the streets, maintain the fire station, keep the peace, process wedding licenses, or issue checks to pay bills.
There is some resentment building toward the Bishop who started all this with his request for tax information. According to Nancy there is even a rumor that the Bishop stole the Charter and the Constitution.
Over at the Fly Inn and Tavern one of the drunks was heard to mutter that they should go after the Bishop with a shovel instead of the poor pigeons. At least they had enough sense to ignore him.
Speaking of pigeons another one was killed yesterday. This one was shot with an arrow. Its poor little body was found in the same parking place as all the others ( two spaces up from the bar). Eino thinks they are being killed somewhere else and dumped there. One wonders if the killer is working on a book like "100 ways to kill a pigeon".
On a somewhat lighter note the white rabbit was seen by another tourist. He swears it winked and waved. He had never seen a three foot rabbit in a pink sweater before..
One last tidbit from Nancy. It seems a cute young blond showed up on the milk train this morning and asked directions to the Bishop’s house. I can hardly wait to hear the gossip this will generate.
******

Well I finished another trestle for the outside layout. I think this will be the last one. Betty went to Tops. Then she visited a couple celebrating fifty years of marriage. She painted the trestles. She is working on her flowers. I think tomorrow we will tackle the leaking waterfall. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I'm up early this morning (had to make sure the garbage got out as you know I have a fear of missing the garbage man. Who knew they had so much power?) so I get to be first! Maybe someone should write a book '100 Ways to Cook a Pigeon' then they won't all go to waste.

Thanks for the plug but sorry you got tagged...I may use it so I have something to blog now that my top 100 list is done.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only ever done two meme's, and that's one of them, so consider me pre-tagged and dusted!

("Coming from the dried stigmas of the saffron crocus, it takes 75,000 blossoms or 225,000 hand-picked stigmas to make a single pound of saffron, which explains why it is the world’s most expensive spice.")

Later.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

You are such a sweet person to do the Meme thing. Thanks. I will refrain from tagging you in the future...or at least do my best to refrain anyway....

9:17 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

I can't beleive what is going on over there! I have never heard of such a thing. We have undistrict areas in California but never without a constitution. That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. Things will work out for the best and I am sure that you and your community are optimistic about that.

Poor pigeons. No animal deserves to die at human hands. I hope that person is caught and severely punished.

I am a Criminal Justice Major and killing animals is a bad sign of mental incapacitation. Please be careful and I hope that this person is caught very very very soon.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i hope you didn't think i had forgotten to come and read your post...i was having issues with blogger comment...glad is working now...i promise not to tag you ever but i am glad we got to know a bit more of things about you..

i wonder if maybe the pigeons are not being killed by the drunks..look at their reaction and statement..what do you think? Maybe the cute blonde is the Bishop's daughter or worst his wife back from taking care of her aililng mother...interesting...

hope you are well and read you tomorrow..i hope i get to comment...

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Wizard of Oz too!!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

hmmm Math MY FAVORITE!!!! And I LOOOVE All My Children!! Grew up watching it with my mom, and now she's got me all addicted!!!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you were Santa Claus ! ... I love that. And I'm quite sure you made a wonderful Santa.
John, as a former mathematics teacher, maybe sometime you can write an entry on why you feel that some students have such a tough time with it. For some reason, it just never computed ( no pun intended ) with me. English was a breeze ... math was another subject entirely. ( I am full of puns tonight !! lol ) Tina

9:48 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Monk is a great show isn't it?
Peace,
Chris

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home