Monday, June 12, 2006

JC Points-your big chance

Saying for the day: The fun is not in the winning but in the trying to win.

I am going to add to the ever increasing meaningless point systems that exist on the net.

You know you can collect MYpoints and HIpoints and Epoints. All of these points are given to you for doing something and the points when collected don’t do much.
The fun is in the collecting.

Well I am adding a new point system.

It is JC points, This stands for John’s Comment points and the JCs will be given to anyone who leaves a comment on my blog. One point or more for every comment.
Just think of the points you can rack up.

I will also have a featured link and if you leave a comment on that blog that includes the words Dr. John I will give you another five JC points.

Now these points will be worth absolutely nothing.

But just think of the fun of collecting them.

Every once in a while I will give away things like a saffron bun, blog explosion credits, a funny doctor’s degree on real parchment. We will put your name into a bucket as many times as you have JC credits and draw a name. The more credits the better chance you have of winning.

Of course since these prizes aren’t worth much the JCs still aren’t worth much and since most people won’t win they are really worth very little or nothing. The fun is in the collecting.

The only prize of value is the saffron bun since I need an armored car to bring the saffron home in. Saffron is worth more per ounce than gold.

In any case leave a comment and start collecting JC points.

Oh and since today is leave a comment Monday we will make every comment worth two points. (Only one comment per person per day please.)

I reserve the right to give more than one point for really great comments.

The JC link for today is Jafabrit Remember that if you leave a comment on that blog containing the words Dr. John you get 5 JC points.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard– Eino took a trip over to Dirty River and the Happy Days Nursing Home to visit Gus Makela. Gus was the Mayor of Pigeon Falls from 1950 to 1962. He’s 93 years old. Eino wanted to ask what he could remember about the Charter and the Constitution. Gus said that when he was Mayor every council member had a copy of the Constitution and there was a pile on the table as you came into city hall. In the middle of his term the Constitution was revised and a copy was sent to Lansing. The entire Constitution was printed in the weekly paper at that time (The Birdseed) . Well at least we know there was a constitution.
Eino got all the council members together and told them if there were that many copies around in 1960 there must be one left that somebody didn’t throw away. So he has everybody going through attics and old chests looking for a copy. So far they have had no luck.
Another dead pigeon showed up this morning. It looks like it was drowned. Pigeon was put in the same place but I guess Eino’s watcher must have fallen asleep because he didn’t see who dumped it.
Despite the crisis plans are going ahead for the big Pigeon Days celebration in August. The committee is looking for a celebrity to head up the parade. It will be hard to top Rodney McDonald who came last year.
One last bit of news there seems to have been a break in at the museum yesterday but they can't seem to figure out what if anything was taken.
*****

Well Alex and I got the river on the layout working and we let it run all day without any trouble. A couple of kids stopped to look at the layout. They were from Iron Mountain. they really liked it. Betty took the grandkids swimming in the afternoon and they seemed to have really enjoyed it. I painted a couple of roads for the layout and then ran some trains. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

well good morning to you. i absolutely love the idea of JC points. one question though, what happens if you miss a day, say on vacation but when you come back you read all the missed post and comment?
i also love the idea of the links. a great way to get know more wonderful people. good thinking.

i think it was a brilliant idea to go visit Gus. glad he reassurred everyone on the documents existence. could the break into the museum be part of it?
sorry that the pigeon killings are back. what if it's Eino's watcher who is the killer?

hope you had a wonderful wknd with your family, it sounds like you did. have a great day and take care. read you tomorrow.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

As always, i have some annoying questions about the JC points. I do not want to collect anything that collects dust because I do not dust. Do these points collect dust? What about recycling points...do I have to put these points in a bag and take them somewhere to be recycled? If so, I do not want them. How about calories? I follow the Weight Watchers point system and if I have too many, I will gain weight.

I propose at the next town meeting to change the name of the town to Dead Pigeon Falls and therefore they can get a new town title or paper saying they are a town.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still not used my 5 gazillion air miles, let alone JC points.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I had to come see what the point thing was about!

Read about it over at Mimi's.

Sounds like fun! :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Hello Dr John....happy days nursing home??? Ive never seen a nursing home yet that had happy days...lol. Im going for a saffron bun on the point system...since I dont know what they are its a good way to find out...lol

11:53 AM  
Blogger plinna said...

Points, I don't need any stinking points.


Ps. I went to Jafabrit and left a comment.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

JC points- mmm, I like the idea- it sounds like a good way to meet new people and explore more blogs. And you can't really say the points are worth nothing if they result in good friendships and good reads.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mondays-
points-
pigeon killings-
all kinds of things
going on here today!
;]

5:54 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

My son in law was telling me about how kids in Asia are kidnapped to go play virtual games and rack up points. The kidnappers then sell these "points" to game players so they can buy virtual land etc, etc.

This JC point thing doesnt have anything to do with that, does it? :-)

I came from jafabrit's site.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL THESE YEARS ... I RESISTED GETTING HOOKED ON SOAP OPERAS
Now, here comes Dr. John with the Pigeon Falls series ....

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another pigeon is dead!!!! Oh woe is me. What can be done about this pigeon killing spree? I bet it's the watcher. What do you think?

9:13 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I hear you loisontheweb. I have just weaned myself off message boards and BAM get caught up with blogs. But oh it is fun.

and thanks Dr.John, I had fun with all the visitors :)

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, John... thanks for mentioning jafabrit. I enjoyed visiting her site, and found that she lives in a town not far from where I lived, once upon a time. Tina

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home