Friday, July 07, 2006

On the daily links!!!

Picking links for us to visit is not an easy task and is often confusing.

I find a nice blog with a great entry and not many comments.
I really like what the blogger says about love and life.
I set up the link.

But when you go there the next day the blogger has put in a new entry.
Let’s say about chicken soup, complete with a recipe.
You are left to comment on chicken soup.( how exciting)

Then there are the bloggers that have a wild entry day.
They enter two or three or four times.
So some people going to the link enter comments on one entry while others enter on other entries.
Trying to be sure I don’t miss a Doctor John means checking all of those entries.

Is it worth it?

YES !!!!

People seem so happy to get comments and many leave me such nice thank you notes. I am glad we are doing this.

The marathon was also great fun.
I think I will do one of those on the first Wednesday of each month.
There were a few problems.
Some of the links I gave you didn’t work at all and some didn’t work for some people at some times.

But all in all it was fun.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my back yard.– Not a sight of a single pigeon. Mrs. Trumble thinks the white rabbit ate them. But then she thinks the white rabbit is a demon. Speaking of the white rabbit it was seen in two places at the same time again. Robert’s tour group saw it on top of the Masonic Hall and some tourists waiting for the evening train saw it at the end of the railroad platform. It couldn’t get from one place to the other in the time available unless , of course, it can fly. That rabbit is really something.
Another big wedding planned for the middle of August. Mayor South’s oldest daughter is marrying the guy she met at college. Mayor South is not really happy because her daughter has a year of college left. She is afraid she will get pregnant and never finish. That doesn’t happen any more does it?
Its been somewhat dry so if you drive by the big potato farms you see those irrigation machines on great big wheels. They move along throwing water. They look like something out of a story. The attack of killer machines or something. If it weren’t for potato farmers Pigeon Falls would be named something else. The pigeons, you remember saved the potato crop by eating the bugs that threatened to destroy them. One wonders who the farmer of the year will be this year. One is always named during the big Pigeon days celebration.
Nancy says that talk about the Chicago hermit has increased because there is more noise and light flashes from the house at night. Robert is even thinking of putting the house on the tour of odd local places. He’ll dream up some story to go with it.
Tommy, the undertaker’s kid is in trouble again. It seems that the day after the fourth he shoot a rocket through the neighbor’s window. He is grounded and has to pay for the window. I wonder where he got the rocket.
*****

Today's link is Mommas Lost - rember to put the words Dr. John in the comment to get your utterly worthless JC points (They do not earn you anything but a chance at totally worthless prizes). Had a fairly rough day today and I didn't get much done. Picked up some kind of bug in Green Bay and had stomach cramps all day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

A demonic white rabbit. I would believe it.

5:17 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I want to see a pic of this wabbit!!!!!!!! This evil evil wabbit!!!!!!!!

wj did some cool pics of those irrigation machines. They do look like alien monsters or something.

have a great day

5:26 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

LOL I want to see a pic of this rabbit.

I always love your stories, thank you for sharing them :)
And thank you for directing people to my blog the other day, that was very sweet of you :)

Have a great day.
God Bless,
Sandra

6:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now where did that wasckely wabbit go! How fun! I know a few people who could use an introduction...LOL

7:07 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Thanks for the link. Some came to visit. I visited some too but had difficulty in opening most of them. I gave up.
Don't worry, when my club is put up I won't forget you. (Lol).
Thanks for visiting.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Well I am glad you are still doing the daily links even though it is more work that you originally thought. I enjoy going someplace new every day and leaving comments.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Tommy is a very bad boy I think thats sad. I agree with
jafabrit

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oPPS CONTINUDE TO SEE THAT RABBIT IN APICTURE.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

The contest was great fun!! Lets do it again!

I think Robert should put the hermits house on the tour.

Im not suprised that kid is in trouble again...he should be grounded till hes at least 35.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Dr John, You mgiht want to look into Blogroll. You can set it up so that when sites are updated, they are moved to the top and/or you can put something like *new post* that automatically comes up. then you won't have to go though the blogs who haven't updated for the day yet. If you need help, I would be happy to oblige

A demon in a pink sweater. Well, I like pink, but if the bunny is a boy, wouldn't that be gender confusing for him? poor guy, someone should leave him out a blue sweater....

11:24 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

That pink sweater and the double bunny siting gives me pause (that, and my experience raising bunnies). You see, my experience raising bunnies is -- there's never just ONE for very long.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

Just stopped by to say hi. "Hi" ;)

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better Dr. John...listening (rather) "watching" TD Jakes' style..

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you aren't feeling too well today, John. Let's hope it passes quickly. ( no pun intended ) Tina

12:09 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

It was fun getting all those comments!
Peace,
Chris

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home