Saturday, July 15, 2006

No luck at all

Saying for the Day: Some people have all the luck.

Luck is a funny kind of thing.
Either you have it or you don’t.

I don’t.

Every day I go to IWON.com and spin their wheel fifty times and I have yet to win a prize.
I enter contests all the time and I have yet to win a prize.
Luck and I have never been introduced.

I have been thinking about this because now I run a drawing every Monday.
I put all those names in the basket and draw.
Then somebody gets a useless prize.
But it is a prize.

Now to show you how unlucky I am.
If I had the top number of JCPOINTS ,let us say 300 and I ran a special drawing so that all the slips were drawn except 300 .
Then those 300 would be all mine.

So if your one of those people with lots of JC points who don’t get picked while somebody with 3 or 4 points does, welcome to the Dr. John’s losers club.

If after three months of having lots of points you still haven’t won I will issue you an official Dr. John’s losers club card.
Membership entitles you to moan and groan about your lack of luck.
It also entitles you to a free cup of coffee at Dr. John’s Fortress if your in the neighborhood .

So hang in there and know that if you keep losing you win.

I on the other hand only lose.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my backyard– I hesitate to share this with you. If Robert’s tour group hadn’t been there to testify that this is what happened I wouldn’t believe it at all. Last night Robert’s White Rabbit showed up as usual on the fire house roof. Then the other white rabbit showed up at the end of the block. Suddenly , without warning, flying down the center of the street was … No , not another White Rabbit. No not a 100 pound pigeon. But instead there was a dragon. Yes a dragon spewing fire. Not a huge dragon but one about the size of the white rabbit with a four foot wing span. It was heading for Robert’s White Rabbit when the rabbit disappeared. Then it turned and flew toward the White Rabbit at the end of the street. The rabbit hopped off around the corner and the dragon still spewing fire turned the corner after it. That was the last that was seen of either of them. This town gets weirder and weirder . Our town music should be the theme from The Twlight Zone.
Mrs. Trumble says its another demon. We are in the center of a battle of the demons. (I wonder if we get to vote.)
If that Dragon caught up with it there will be no more White Rabbit, just the crispy remains ( unless it ate it).
*****

The link for today:Jungle Jim in Paradise- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in your comment for five totally usless JCPOINTS. I wouldn't mind a comment either for two.Check here for your JCPOINTS. ..
Betty took the garbage to the dump and went to the Post Office. Then we continued cleaning in the dining room. We called Peter to send help and they are coming tomorrow. Then back to cleaning. We went to church where there was an old time hymn sing. It was great. Then to the grocery store . After that we checked the temperature on the bank and it was 109* . I must have moved to Arizona because this can't be the UP. I am so thankful for the air conditioning.
Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Battle of the demons. Maybe someone should leave a guitar out in the middle of the road late one night and they will come up with a new song for Pigeon Falls! -- Hmmm, make that two guitars if it's a battle.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm in the "don't have it" group when it comes to luck too. The first time I went to the iwon site someone from Houghton, MI won the daily $10,000. I make sure I get may 100 point every day! My husband rarely goes there but he's the one who won $1. We framed the check.

4:54 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

hum dr. john what is in the drinking water? :)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I bought a lottery ticket once when it was way high because I had seen a hand holding out money to me the night before just as I was falling asleep. My husband laughed at me. I called him the next day at work and he ended up taking half a day off so we could go to Buffalo to pick up my winnings. I won $1,186. It was the first time I ever bought a ticket and I didn't even know that 5 out of 6 won anything until the store clerk told me. I figured it was the only such luck I'd ever have and I've never played again.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Ok....here is my comment....you sure are good at losing......some people have a little bad luck but you sseem to have a lot of it.....so, you are very good at it and you should feel good (or bad) about it.....stay cool....

6:40 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Cindy -- I had almost the same experience! But while I was hopping up and down in the livingroom being happy with 5 out of 6, my (now ex-) husband was moaning about the number we didn't get.

Dr. John, when I read about the rabbit running from the fire spewing drabon I laughed coffee and must now go find a clean shirt.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

wow a fire spitting dragon!!! I am wondering what is next!

Dr John you may be a loser when it comes to winning things but your a winner in life....everyone loves you! How much better can it get than that?

2:48 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I agree when you say some are lucky some are not. I think some people are born with a lucky star. I wasn't. I rarely win in any raffles, games. But I did win in yours.
Thanks for dropping by.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phoenix is supposed to reach 109 tomorrow. It's been in the 100's for some time now. But remember it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Your dew point is much higher. It's 88 in LA. Projected to be in the 80's for the next ten days. Thank goodness for AC. Tell Betty to take a break from cleaning and do some blogging.
Sue

7:20 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Oops!
That's my Dragon--
SORRY--
I let him off his leash
2 chase the neighbors,
but he failed 2 come home...
;]

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home