Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A happy place to be!!!

Click on the map to go to website.
Use of this map is subject to the credit line: Adrian White, Analytic Social Psychologist, University of Leicester.

If you want to be really happy then pay attention.
The University of Leicester has produced a happiness map showing where the really happy people are in this world.

If you want to be happy you may have to change countries.

For example I live in the United States of America and that puts me in the 23rd happiest country in the world.

I could improve my lot by simply moving North to Canada which is 10th.
You know, I’ve been to Canada and they don’t look that happy.

It could be worse I could live in the united Kingdom which is 41st.
Not enough happy people in England.

Now Saudi Arabia comes in ahead of England at 31.

But if you really want to be happy you need to move to Finland which is number 6.
Those Finns just drink and sing all day.
O! and they Sauna .

Perhaps you want to move to number 1?
Its Denmark. Those are happy Danes.

I may not live in the happiest country in the world but I am part of a kingdom that always fills my life with joy and doesn't know the boundaries of nations. I have found my joy in Jesus. (This is not a commercial so feel free to find your joy someplace else. Let me recommend Finland).

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my backyard where Pigeon Pie and Rabbit Stew are illegal– Well Eino can’t get any more information until tomorrow when the manager comes back and he is climbing the wall.
However in Pigeon falls life goes on and the next round of Liar’s Club stories took place.
Again there was only one of the four going on to the next round and he had a score of 9.3.
This was last year’s winner Jon Bergall.
This is his story:
“ I am going to tell you a secret and I want you to promise not to tell anybody. It’s very important that you not tell anybody for the safety of all concerned. Okay, I have your word. I am a good friend of the White Rabbit. Not a white rabbit but The White Rabbit. The one that wears a pink sweater all the time and stands upright, that White Rabbit. In fact twice a week we sit down to tea together. I have tea and cookies and he has tea and carrots. We meet in my kitchen. Now not only does he wear a pink sweater but he talks. That’s right he talks. We discuss world politics and how hot a dragon’s breath can be and things like that. I asked why he wore a pink sweater and he said it’s the only one he brought with him. You see the White Rabbit is from another dimension that is parallel to ours. He made a machine that allows him to move back and forth from one to the other. The only problem is something went wrong and he is stuck , for the time being , in our dimension . Not only that but his arch enemy , the big green dragon has somehow come through as well and is trying to turn him into rabbit stew. His dragon ray gun got left in the other dimension. Because he doesn’t want to attract the dragon he is keeping a very low profile and that’s why you mustn’t tell anyone about this. His very existence depends on it. If you see him all he wants is a smile and a little wave. Please don’t chase him. If you don’t believe my story is true come on out to the farm and I’ll show you the teapot and the carrot slices."
You know I just about believe that story but then Jon is a really good story teller.
****
Today is our next MARATHON. Click on the word MARATHON to get to the list. For ebery blog you visit and leave the words DR.John you get three JCPOINTS and a pat on the back. If you do thirty or more blogs you get a refrigerator magnet with your URL and Blog Name on it.
Go and good blogging. The Marathon ends at 9:00 tomorrow morning.
Now to today's drawing. If we draw Cindy she gets what's in the prize box. The name drawn, fresh, this morning is Jafabrit. Sorry Cindy. Sorry Brea.( No winner yet)Good luck Jafabrit.
Betty took the garbage to the dump. I finally got one of Monday's prizes out. I don't have an address for the other. I also remailed a letter I had sent before but got back. Betty went to the Top's Picnic. I went to take a nap. My sister Dawn called tosee if we had sold the house. When Betty came home we cleared a place in the garage and began putting prices on things for the big rummage sale. we can use a van from Green bay to take away some of what we are keeping. It is piled up and ready to go. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

25 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I love living here in the USA! I grew up in Canada and would never move back. Although it is gorgeous there...

3:54 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i finally fell asleep sometime after 2. my sweelling eyes couldn't even see anymore. it hurt so bad i couldn't breathe. acceptance of the way things are, is something i thought i had done. but every once in a while it comes up and bites hard again to my shock.
i get all doubtful of me when i see how she feels. i fear like if she can feel like that it must be something. i feel motherhood and fatherhood to be the most solem of all things, and i'm scare she has real reasons to feel how she does. i have always ache for her. since i was a baby. everytime i think i am over it..apparently not. thank you for jumping in because i guess i needed some comfort. thank you for caring.
so i guess that is your answer, people in Canada don't seem to be any happier.
********
he is a good lier. i believed it.
************
i will try to do all the marathon. it might be good to keep my brain super busy.
wish you and Betty a good day. read you tomorrow.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Why is the dragon the arch enemy of the white rabbit? What did the rabbit do to deserve that other than to be a tasty meal?

6:43 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Can't find my country anywhere. Does this mean we aren't happy people? I'll change to Denmark.
I think happiness is finding contentment in everything you do.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hi, me again...okay i did it..and i'm so proud of myself...

Notes for you: 3 blogs i couldn't leave a comment for even though i was there...
1. Knitting Maniac...i couldn't figure out for the life of me where and how to post a comment. i do however wish her luck as she is just staring to blog. it's been a wonderful and positive thing for me and i hope it will be for her too. she already knows you. that is a great start.
2.Loison the Web...happy bday to her son and the wedding looked beautiful. again, i couldn't find how and where to post a comment. it's a journal it said and i don't know how they work i guess.
3. Sean...his website is wonderful and has great reading and music but again i had no idea how to post a comment...
4. Sue...her page is not displaying saids a message...not sure why...

i hope you know that everyone is out there playing along...thanks for keeping my mind busy for the last while...now i'm off for a bit of sleep...

8:37 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

sorry i hit the wrong key..i meant to put 4 blogs not 3...someone needs to sleep..zzzzzzz

8:38 AM  
Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dr. John, while I truly value the comments and support we receive, please immideatly take us off this Marathon list. I do not want people comming to our blog just to get points for a game.

8:40 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

I love living here!!! I just don't know if I would be as happy anywhere else. I am thinking that the Danes must be happiest because they are next to the Netherlands and I am sure that they have happy "enhancers" coming though their borders

8:50 AM  
Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Thank you so much Dr. John, I know that you are a good man.
Karen

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely not enough happiness here in the UK!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hi Dr. John, I have had some new people to my blog because of your marathon, thank you......

Who decides on these things, Happiest place to live. Canada comes in 10th huh, I have been to Canada also.....and I agree with you, they didn't look so darn happy to me. I will take the good ole usa anyday. Happiness is a state of mind anyway......there are people in hollywood with newly constructed faces, all the money in the world, brand new cars, and still they commit suicide. So what does happiness look like? To me it is a cup of coffee, birds on my feeders, and my cat curled up, purrrrrrring. It is the small things that really count, and good health....

10:23 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am glad to live here, I do not want to be too happy!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Hey Dr. John, I too found some blogs that I couldn't comment on, one was Starbender's and I so wanted to ask him if I put my computer in that thing would it make it go faster, lol...another was Sue's- all I got there was "bad gateway" message. I've found a few too that simply take forever to load either the page or the comment page- trying to get some housework done while waiting for those. Anyway, love the marathon idea, keep them coming!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

FYI - I posted ;late so three marathoners are on my earlier blog....sorry for the confusion...

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Is so fun.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

I am beginning to think THE WHITE RABBIT is the Easter Bunny. ;)

I can't beleive that Saudi Arabia is happier than England....

12:51 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I am happy where I am! I did the marathon...whew....I also noticed on Chanas post there were a few blogs you couldnt leave a comment on. My AUnt was here today and she wanted me to come out and swim and I said...cant,,gotta do Dr JOhns marathon....lol...they all thought I was going running somewhere....lmao..imagine that in this heat!!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

ALL DONE!!! When do I get my magnet??? (imagine that said in the whiniest voice possible). ;)

3:05 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Wow..New Zealand is 13! We are all happy here..even our cows.
Maybe its something to do with the fact that the beach is only an hour away from anywhere and we only have 4 million ppl:)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
splat! [passes out]

My fingers are worn and bleeding. My brain has melted into a marshmellow and is ozzing out my ears. That was fun. When do we do it again?

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess it all comes back to blooming where you are planted.

I'm getting a late start on the marathon. I'll do my best.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hey! I happen to know that Pink Sweater Bunny! You gotta believe him. Stock up on those mini carrots.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

just wanting to let you know that your wonderful friend Cindy left a wonderful and loving message in Karen's blog. Karen is so wonderful as you know. the poor girl just had no idea what the heck happened. glad that it all is good with the world.
********
i loved the marathon. i love the new friends and new hearts to fall in love with.
i thank you for once again bringing us all together.
everyone seemed to have so much fun. it was funny some of the comments. like Bree's on her mom's or us in Peter's...or Betty's in Lori's..it's funny writting Dr. John send me...he, he..

i cannot imagine how much work it is to figure this all out for you. how do you do it? or is it a secret? it will be alot of work...but i can help..i got 2000 points, lol...just kidding...

thank you for the fun. thank you for the email. thank you for the new friends.

sleep well tonight.

10:25 PM  
Blogger fennymun said...

I must thank YOU, Dr John, for sending many visitors to my humble blog. They are really a big surprises and encouragements.

10:35 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Wow, thanks Dr John. I've been the recipient of a number of wonderful comments due to your 'Marathon'. I'm off to have a goodnights sleep. Hopefully, I'll be refreshed enough tomorrow to rely to all my 'visitors' :)

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home