Saturday, August 19, 2006

AT&T pooey

Saying for the day: Didn't you get my e-mail?

AT&T did it to me again.

First of all they have the most confusing billing system in the world.
It is almost impossible to understand the bill which has charges, rebates, taxes, special charges, and pass through costs of each and every variety.
I have given up trying to make sense out of it and usually just pay the amount at the top.
That amount is clear and printed in great big letters.
They want you to understand that.

The problem this time is that the bill was $25 higher than last month.
I haven’t changed anything.
I have one rate long distance calling no matter how many calls.
So why the extra $25.

So I called the number listed for billing questions.
I got the automated system.
Of course this is AT&T so you don’t push buttons you say the right word and the system switches you back and forth.
Finally I got to the end of the system and was then put on hold for ten minutes ( must have been a bad bill day).

Then came the nice lady who seemed to be upset I would question the bill.
She said it was obvious.
Last month I was on a special internet plan and now I’m not.
I asked why I wasn’t.
She said the twelve months was up and I didn’t renew.
I asked why they didn’t notify me and they gave an excuse that is right up there with “The Check is in the mail”.

She said “Didn’t you get our e-mail?”

Despite the piles of spam that I get I would have noticed an AT&T letter.
There wasn’t one.

She then said if I wanted to renew at the lower price she would fix this months bill and she dropped it $25.
But ,and this is where it gets good, because it was after the eleventh the new charge would show on next month’s bill as well but the system would give it back the following month.
Now a company that can use voice recognition software to answer the phone should be able to empower this person to put a command into the system to stop next month’s charge.
I think they just hope I will ignore it next month.

@@@@
The news from Pigeon Falls– well the committee asked Pastor Marvel in his Captain Marvel suit to head up the parade. They also asked him to cry out Shazam every once in a while. I’ll let you know about the parade tomorrow.
Yesterday Tomas Petrovich got his turn at the Liar’s Club Contest. Here is his story.
“ I want you to know that I am a student of the great Russian Mystics. I have read everything that I could obtain about them. Because of them I have perfected the art of meditation so that I can leave my physical body and travel through space and time without it. You can not begin to imagine the wonder that such travel produces. Just yesterday I was in Washington DC listening in on a high level conference and though I dare not give you the details it is enough for you to know a great change is coming. You need to get ready. The day before I was in China. People there are happier now than they used to be. The government has allowed a tiny bit more freedom. I wish I could help instead of just looking. A couple of days ago I traveled back in time and saw my grandparents arrive in Pigeon Falls. They were so thrilled to be in America. I wanted to hug them.
This power also allows me to go to places of spiritual refreshment. I journey to monasteries all across the world and sit in on the evening services. I feel like a new man when I come back.
Every morning I watch the news on television so I can see where the interesting places to go are. That way I can plan my meditative journeys .
You too could do as I have done. I have no special powers. I just use techniques that you can learn. Of course they are not simple and it takes time to learn them. You must spend some years in concentrated study. But the first time you rise up and out of the body you will know that it is all worth it. You will be really free. Really free.
Ask my wife Ellen who learned the technique from me how wonderful it is. If you don’t believe me I can give you the names of four American mystics who will be glad to stand behind everything I said. “
Tomas scored 9.7 and is now tied with Jon Bergall for the lead with only Donna Bergall to go on Monday.
********

Todays Link: Valkyrie's Aerie (grit your teeth and read this one). Remeber to put Dr. John in the comments to get those flashing JCPOINTS. Check yours HERE.
Yesterday we drew Cherlee. If she is drawn today she gets what's in the prize box.
Betty is not up but we will have our drawing when she gets up. She was up late last night and in het sleep she is muttering something about saving Quilldancer and the toilet paper monkey.

Betty is up and she has drawn.

And todays name is .......





Margaret. Sorry Cherlee (Sorry Bree) If we draw Margaret's name tomorrow she gets what's in the prize box.
We didn't get much done today. My sister , who doesn't like the President, called and wanted to know if my great uncle had a son named Robert. I keep the family tree as up to date as I can. She found out that Robert is living in Texas and since I don't have his information upto date she is going to get me his e-mail address. Betty and I went to Church. Jack preached again. He is a good preacher . He works honestly with the text. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

AOL did the same thing to me. I tried their service for 2 HOURS, found that we did not have a local dial up number here and called to cancel the trial membership. They billed me for the first month without telling me they were going to do so, made a nice mess in my checking account and then said they would refund the money after the next billing cycle- and by the way, they too have a "sophisticated" call answering system- by the time you get through it you're ready to choke the first real person that comes on the line.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

You're not the only one caught by confusing bills and charges that suddenly increase. I've learned by my mistakes. I've also found that most credit card companies will credit a late charge if you are a good customer. I try to be more organized and not give them the opportunity to add a late fee.

I just ordered a new computer from Dell and added a sound bar that I couldn't use. I notified them that I would be returning it but they told me it wouldn't be necessary that they would credit my account and I could keep it. No need to bother with the return. Wow! The item was about $40.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All this automation is just "wonderful." My husband just got a new credit card and they started calling him after about 2 weeks wanting a payment. They said his payment was overdue. He refused to pay until he got his first statement to see what was going on. It finally came a couple days ago and though it is his very first statement, there is a late fee tacked on. The big surprise? Now that he wants answers from them....he can't seem to get in touch with the person who handles such things.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Those of you on Road Runner. Make sure you cancel AOL too. Somehow it is connected and it doesnt get automatically cancelled if you cancel RR. We ended up getting a bill from AOL. Apparently it is "hidden" in the sign up contract.

Does any one ever call any of those liars on their stories? I would ask the guy for the four names of the mystics. See what he says.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Actually, now that I think about it, if you are on Time Warner Cable and cancel it, make sure you cancel AOL also. Either way, when you cancel cable, phone, internet, etc, service -- double check with who you are cancelling to make sure there isnt something else you need to cancel.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Next time you get an automated phone menu, press "0" right away and it usually sends you right to a live person and you do not have to go through all the mumbo - jumbo. Doesn't work all the time, but most of the time.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

all those companies are so darn snicky aren't they. i honestly couldn't work for them but then again, maybe there is no choice in some communities and economy.

i hope you don't forget about this next month. make sure they give you your $25 dollars back. that is alot of money. 25 liters of gas, movie for two, eating out for both..
************
I liked that they asked Pastor Marvel to lead the parade. He will do a great job and have fun doing it.

Tomas is a pretty interesting fellow. i wonder if any of his story is true...i guess we could also ask Ellen.
*********************
Poor Betty is tired i think..i'm glad she is sleeping a few mins extra today. i think it's cute that she was mumbling away about Quilldancer. got to make her feel special to be dreamed of..toilet paper monkey? will have to head over there to see what that is about...monkeys are cute but most mischievious so i can't wait to see what this is..

Dr. John, my uncle, husband of the pharmacist who let me play and sell as i saw fit back in Boaco when i was little, died from a massive heart attack, yesterday dawn. My aunt is unconsolable and we are terrified this will affect her own heart...she has been having much chest pains..i know you have such a long lists of people to pray to. but if you could squeeze his soul in there and maybe her heart for just a couple of days..thank you.

i hope you are feeling well. you best take care of yourself. you are mighty important to many of us who have never even met you...

hugs all around. read you tomorrow.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oooh! I'm having a bit of luck today, that's a great inspiration to know before I go and get dressed.

AT&T, and some other companies often do that. They hope you don't question and just shrug and keep paying it. I'm having issues with the Comcast Piggy at the moment.

Tomas may be on to something there. Regardless of this teleporting power in time and space. Why not? Moses, Ezekiel, Elijah, John and some others had some awesome metaphysical experiences. Act 2:17 reads: 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on everyone. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.'

Tomas could be onto this whole discerning and concerning 8/22 thing.

Ooooh, today is a lucky day! I'm going to go take on some challenges now! God Bless Dr John!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Hello Dad,

Not much to say having problems with the displays from web pages the font is too big and the letters are on top of each other which made reading your post difficult.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Those big companies have all that technology then they hire some idiot to handle the phone calls.....grrrr. I dont deal with credit card companies, they rip people off on all that high interest, the debit card is the best way to go.Sometimes when they call and try to sell me something, I just lay the phone down....let it run up their phone bill, I didnt ask them to call me.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Telus (in Canada) charged me $48.00 a month for a whole year for a service I don't even use. (I use Shaw.) It took a year for Telus to remove the charges and another six months to send me the reimbursement cheque. I think these companies hope no one will notice.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Kev Brown said...

Those kinds of shananigans really annoy me from these so-called service providers, my service provider is extremely poor, not just in it's customer service but also the actual internet service it delivers, and I can't even change to another one because they have the monopoly in this area.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I could have sworn I posted here earlier> Where did it go? I am getting absent minded.

I wanted you to tell Betty thank you for all those votes she cast for me atBelle of the Brawl. Betty really needs all these contest to be over so she can get some much needed rest.

Thank you for your supposrt. I think the two of you are truly wonderful people.

11:13 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Nice ,
Win Win win win win win win win iwn win niw niw niw niw iwn iwn niw nwi nwi niw Iwn Inw rebmun eno enoemos niw

Figure it out and if it is fun I will add it to my blog.

11:14 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

tell me if it is B. tecjbo yzarc

11:15 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I couldn't comment on the link because it said My Url was ivvaled I tryed

11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Try AOL's "customer service" sometime for the voice recognition ride of your life--altho I had to smile at your recollection with AT&T it brought back heated memories of my wonderful experience with AOl and now I am sitting here with a cold compress on my forehead!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Just for you Dr. John ....

The final Liar’s Contest results are up early. Come and see your score.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Awww, Dr. John is still a winner in my book. He should get a consultation prize!! In fact... I am thinking I have an idea. Oh and what a grand idea it is! (snicker)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home