Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday Again

Saying for the day: I would like Monday better if it were at the end of the week.

Well Monday has rolled around again.

This is the day I do three things.
I beg for comments.
I show what is being added to the Prize Box.
I show the prizes for the day.

Then Betty draws for all three.

First things first. It is Monday please, please , please leave a comment on my blog.
Please.

Second we have a toy store and a bridge to add to the PRIZEBOX.
Our little village is growing.
If nobody has won by Wednesday we will draw four names on Thursday.
We will give it away somehow.

Third: When I went shopping the other day I saw this cute little magic frog.
I thought that every blog has a little magic in it and wouldn’t it be nice to have the frog there to remind you of that.
So I spared no expense and got two.
Trust me when I tell you this is another priceless (has no real value) prize.

All that left is for Betty to get up and do the drawing.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my backyard where the trains still run.– Donna and Jon Bergall got over the spouse carrying even and entered the three legged race in yesterday’s day of races. This time they didn’t fall down but they didn’t win either. Tommy and his good friend Edgar came in first. Boy they hopped like rabbits. While they were hopping the White Rabbit made an appearance at the end of the street. Soon after it hopped around the corner there was the noise of a shotgun going off. People ran to the end of the street to find Mrs. Trumble with her still smoking shotgun. “I just missed him she” she said “He ran into the woods”. There on the ground was a stuffed Easter bunny. Eino tried to give it to Mrs. Trumble but she said she isn’t having anything touched by that demon in her house.
Eino was upset by all of this because he was judging the race Tommy was in when the White Rabbit showed up. He had suspected Tommy as somehow being behind the Rabbit’s appearances. With Mrs. Trumble shooting at it there had to be somebody who could see what was happening to get it out of the way and that sure wasn’t Tommy. In addition he had both hands in the air celebrating his victory when the shotgun went off.
Nobody has come and asked about the stone guy in the basement of Eino’s Used Car building. The house is still vacant. The company has disappeared that he worked for. The mystery goes on.
*******

Todays link is: Photoblog by JimLarimer-Pictures for a change-Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those recycled JCPOINTS. Check your points HERE.
Yesterday we drew Catch. If we draw her name today she gets what's in the prize box.
We will draw when Betty gets up.

Betty finally got up. She then discovered it was Monday and the garbage wasn't out. After the panic ended she started getting the house ready for the visit by potential buyers , today. I cut in the new slips.
Now she has taken a moment to draw,

The first name drawn is Quilldancer. If her name is drawn tomorrow she gets what's in the prize box. Sorry Catch (sorry Bree). Good luck Quilldancer.

Then the other two names .....

Stacy- and Chana. They get the magic frogs. Wow.
The morning went along pretty well and right at noon the people came to see the house. Betty and I went out to Fob's for lunch. When we got back my grandaughter called and said they had to put her dog Maya down because of a mass in the dog's stomach. This is Bree's second confrontation with death in a very short time. First her friend and now her dog. Its a lot for an eleven year old to handle. I hate to ask again but could you stop by her blog and leave her a word of comfort. Click here to go to her blog.
Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Those frog things are scary. They look like they belong in Pigeon Falls with the White Rabbit and the Dragon.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Magic frogs are cool. Or so my sons say. Well we are off to enjoy vacaion. We had one day to do water park things cuz my oldest son has to be at a school thing on tuesday at 5:00 pm so when we woke up today it was raining a a bit chily all in all they are handling the disapointment ok. Se we are off to the dells any way to see if the weather improves anyway.

See you guys wensday sometime.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Funny thing you are talking about frogs....the kids saw a tree frog on our screen door last night and we all watched it for awhile for the night's entertainment.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so tickled I won a magic frog! It's Mrs. Trumble and her shotgun that are getting pretty scary.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maya is going in for a check up today please hope she will be okay i love the frogs good luck qwilldancer and she is still after that wabbit "rabbit" he he we are working on Liberty Falls

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mondays are really just Fridays in disguise. Attitude is everything.

11:15 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Maya is gone i wrote on my blog please send people to my blog .

11:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I hope the house visitors show a true and faithful interest! I would love to see Betty and yourself sit back and relax a bit. Hey Dr. John... what is your favorite song or artist? (Inquiring mind needs to know. So does the white rabbit)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I am so glad Chana won a frog!! She will be pleased. I am so sorry about Maya....I left Bree a message.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi like the frogs
Thanks for sharing
Wish you well

2:52 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I hope Stacey and Chana find a little magic when their frogs arrive. We could all use magic in our lives.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I think janvangoh is right- those frogs fit in with the rest of the Pigeon Falls critters. And, cheer up- Monday's almost over.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jim Larimer Fine Arts said...

Thank you Dr John for posting my site as the "link for the day." I had many, many views to my site and many comments. And your loyal readers who left messages were all very upbeat and positive and complementary....so, Kudos to you and your readers! Jim

7:00 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I hate frogs. They make me squirm. Just like worms I don't like them.
I really am very sorry if I haven't visited your site for a while but on the 19th we had to
rush my dying SIL to the hospital and on the 20th my DIL gave birth to my 2nd grandson and by the 21st I was already torn between the dying and the living. Sad to say, my SIL didn't make it and passed away on the 22nd. It was only after her cremation that I had recovered from the emotional stress we had all been through. It was a mixed emotional feelings from being sad because of the passing away of my SIL and from being happy because of the birth of my 2nd grandson. I hope you do understand me. I had posted it on my site but unfortunately you didn't visit so you I'm letting you know now.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John -- here is your comment -- I love the magic frogs! You drew my name too soon!

Okay -- I'm an adult. I am over it now. sob, sob, sob

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow=comments, comments!
I luv the frogs! Wizard frogs, how cool! I had 3 teeth pulled today, I keep nodding in and out from pain killers. Sorry so late, but better late than never, right???
;]

9:36 PM  
Blogger Cherlee's said...

I really find the frogs enchanting! I'm not a frog lover. But those little gusy are some neat!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hi Dr. John....and Betty, and Bree, and all of the family. I have been away, so I just got back to your blog to read and catch up on the goings on at Pidgeon Falls.

I don't know about the frogs.....and two of them exactly alike, isn't that odd.....are they twins, if not, they sure could fool a person, I think they could even fool their own Mother.

I got a surprize gift when I got back home from California. A Sherriff, I have him here by the computer, he has his gun in hand. I guess he is a good thing to have close by, makes me feel safe. :)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home