Saturday, August 26, 2006

the Teapot train

Saying for the day: If you can't build your dream build anyway.










I wanted to get these pictures out on the
Pigeon Falls layout but it was raining.

It has rained for two days.

So I took them on the desk where they don't look as good.

This is our latest fantasy train.

We call it the teapot train.

The engine is a cute little teapot or perhaps she is the engineer.

The passengers are various dishes and cups and such.

I really wish we were a bit more creative but we are what we are.

I like it.






@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls- the little town in my backyard where the trains still run-Mrs. Trumble and Tommy got in a shouting match on main street this morning. She was screaming about the White Rabbit being a demon and Tommy was screaming it was nice. Mrs. Trumble can out scream Tommy. She kept saying “It has fangs” and Tommy denied it. For a minute it looked like she was going to hit him with the butt end of her shotgun, but she didn’t. Tommy has to get along with her because he delivers her groceries. I think he apologized when it was all over. But she just stamped off in a huff.
The long awaited, often postponed, rabbit tossing contest was finally held. Giving the rules almost took longer than the contest. There were twenty one two man teams of tossers. They had to toss stuffed Easter rabbits back and forth from one team member to the other. In the pocket on the front of the rabbit was a raw egg. If the egg fell out or broke the team was out. Well those pockets didn’t hold eggs well and there were broken eggs everywhere soon after the match started. It finally came down to Tommy and Andrew, his best friend, against Vicki East and her husband Ken. Then Andrew threw a bit high and the egg came lose and hit Tommy on top of the head. There he stood with egg running down his face> Somebody should have taken a picture. He was a good sport , though, and congratulated Vicki and her husband. They got $25 and to keep their bunny.
The rest of the bunnies were gathered up and put in the closet at the town hall. But sometime during the day they disappeared. Mrs. Trumble is telling everybody that she sees that the White Rabbit stole them. That women never gives up.
****

Todays link: Foddity (now that's odd) Remember to put the words Dr. John in the comment to get those trully odd JCPOINTS. Check your points HERE.
Yesterday we drew Stacy. If she is drawn today she gets what's in the PRIZE BOX.
Drawing when Betty gets up.
I did one of those dumb things last night. When I closed up the blog I must have hit save instead of publish because when I blogged in this morning the post was from the day before. I am sorry for those of you who came in later looking for a new link or a calorie list.

Betty is up. She cut in yesterday's slips.

She has drawn.

The name drawn today is Peter. Sorry Stacy (sorry Bree) If Peter is drawn tomorrow he gets what's in the prize box. Good luck Peter.
It was a murky day, hard for me to breathe so I didn't go out and work on the layout. I did paint the sign for the amusment park on the layout. In the afternoon we went to church. Then we went grocery shopping. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Wow! that is some collection of teapot trains >>>
never short of a steamy cuppa!

Dr John, it is Saturday
so today I have a gift 4U
a little piece of Peace
jam movie
Enjoy!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Maybe someone took those rabbits to throw them in the washing machine. Imagine some might have had egg on their face too.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just going to have to publish the "Saga of Pigeon Falls"! It is the sort of tale I remember on old time radio ... "Tune in for the next exciting episode!"

LOIS

6:03 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

The English in me absolutly loves the Teapot Trains! I think my daughter would love it too! Take care Doc John.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

The teapot trains are adorable. In a town as strange as Pigeon Falls, I think the missing bunnies probably haopped away. Has Tommy's come up missing?

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The train is cute! At first I thought it was a Beauty and the Beast train (Mrs. Potts, Chip and the rest).

7:34 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I feel as though I am ready for some tea.

Go Pete go!

8:23 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

cute that is so cute i love it he he !

9:19 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

THE LITTLE TRAIN SET IS SO CUTE!!! I LOVE THE TEA CUPS!!!! HAPPY LITTLE FACES!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Tommy just isn't having any luck!

11:50 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

the teapot train is so cute!

Just the other day Dr. John--bunnies hopped into my yard!
---I fed them carrots!
']

6:30 PM  
Blogger Cherlee's said...

Dr. John I love the teapot trains. For some reason they put a smile on my face. I think I know why they remind me of some great times as a child! Thanks!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha If you guys are not creative then someone should just put a fork in me I am done. I wish I had just a little bit of Dr John's Creative abiliy.

The tea train looks cools

10:38 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Honestly Mrs. Trumble sounds like someone you wouldn't want to have mad at you.......

I worry about that white rabbit, and Tommy. Someone needs to sneak in and take the shot out of her shotgun......

Teapot trains, sounds quite creative to me.......

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home