Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First of the month Marathon

Saying for the day: A kind word spoken brings its own reward.

Its time for another Marathon.
A chance to reach out and be nice to blogs around us.
This marathon has 30 more blogs than last time.
You now can choose from over 90 blogs.
I have shuffled them up so that they are not in alphabetical order.
Why not just pick a row and go down.
If you do thirty or more and leave Dr. John in the comment you will get not just the 3 points a blog but also a Dr. Of Blogging degree either in your real name or your blog name ( your choice).
Also those of you who do more than forty will get at least 25 blog explosion credits . I have set aside a pool of 500 credits to be shared equally among those reaching forty blogs. For those of you who are not part of blog explosion I will give you some prize equally as void of value.
The blogging period will run from 6:00 this morning until 9:00 tomorrow morning.(Central daylight time.)
Let me suggest that you print out the list and cross each blog visited off as you visit.
It will take me two days to tabulate the results.
So! HERE is the list. Good blogging to you all.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my backyard where the trains still run and old ladies carry shotguns.- People are still shocked that Mrs.Trumble has now seemingly destroyed both the White Rabbit and the Dragon. Some are saying the whole thing should be made into a movie. Mrs. Trumble is being very humble and saying she only did what any person who cared about the community would do. (Any person with a shotgun named dragon slayer)
Eino sent Robert back to the University with the towel full of the liquid that came from the dragon. He still insists there is a rational explanation for all of this. There are no demons and no dragons. Very few people are listening to him. It would be like somebody standing up at a Baptist Convention and hollering out "There is no God". All the true believers would know in their hearts you are wrong. He is also wondering how Mrs. Trumble shot at the dragon with a shotgun and didn't break any windows that were directly behind and above the dragon on the Masonic Building. It just doesn't figure somehow.
Nancy says that her coffee people are beginning to see Mrs. Trumble as a folk hero. She says that Vicki East is even writing a ballad about her and her trusty shotgun. It could even become the town anthem. Perhaps they will make a statue of her and the gun and replace the Pigeon statue at the main street park.
Robert called late this morning and says the professor he gave the towel to says that it is some kind of reptile blood but unlike anything he had seen as it has a lot of sulfur in it. Now poor Eino is even more confused than ever. Could it have been a real dragon? If so how badly was it hurt?
Why haven't they found the body? Was it the result of some government experiment? Has our President ordered the army to secretly breed these things so they can be used to attack in backward nations? How does it breath fire? So many questions and not a single answer.
******

No link today because of the Marathon. Remember there is 3 points for each blog visited and where you leave a comment with the words Dr. John in it. Check your JCPOINTS HERE.
Yesterday we drew Bella if she is drawn today she gets what is in the PRIZE BOX.
We will draw when Betty gets up.

Betty is up. She has cut in the slips from yesterday. She has drawn. The name is.....



Cindy. Sorry Bella ( sorry Bree,Sorry Esther) If Cindy is one of the five names drawn tomorrow she gets what's in the prize box.
This is Betty's Top's day. She went to Tops. I spent the day working on a new way to put my links. I didn't get it finished but I will work on it again after I finish with the marathon.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Cant believe I just did a google search on reptile blood. Did you know that it clots quickly?

Off to marathon. I need another one of those Doctor degrees.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

morning. don't over do it trying to get all of it tabullated too quickly. we can wait.
**********
forgive me, i think Mrs. Trouble is nutsy...poor Eino, it gets worse for him.
*******************
good luck with all this marathoning (??). enjoy your day. off i go to see visit blogs. i'll do my best..take care and read you tomorrow.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Here from Dr. John, oh.....you ARE Dr. John.....well, then you know why I am here....

5:47 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Go Cindy! (Keeping fingers crossed)

Tryin' to Marathon Dr. John but of course Blogger is having issues this morning.

9:27 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John,
thanks for adding my link to your Marathon, got some magical visits.

Made my Day!
Best wishes - Q.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im going for the degree...then I will have a degree in something!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

just a quick note..Tony and Zingtrail are the same person/blog..

9:48 AM  
Blogger Hungry Teapot said...

I'm having a go at the Marathon. Just hope I have the Stamina lol :-)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Chrisk67 said...

Hey Doc!
Thanks for putting Chicago Sunsets on the marathon. Much appreciated.

Chrisk67

10:49 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hello, i'm done..ok, so here is my list of i couldn't get to comment. again, it's 2 of the same: Knitting Maniac, i don't see where they accept comments and i saw no change from the last time at all..and Loison the Web..beautiful pics and i have no idea how to post her a comment..now i'm off for a quick nap..have a good day. don't over do it with all the work that now you have..hugs all around..

11:00 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

I'm gonna try the marathon today-I just never know how much time I will have 2 make the rounds!
New sites R a good thing!
:)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

My name will eventually be drawn and I have no doubt about that. ;)

Yucky - sulfur in the dragon's bood? Well, I guess that might explain a little about how dragons breathe fire.

1:44 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSorry but i was atn schol so I love Maratohn

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew there was more to the dragon than meets the eye!

Ugh! Gave the marathon a shot, but now that I'm back to work I just don't have the time to make it through the list. Wish I did...lots of good reading out there.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dr. John!

I dont know what is wrong with my computer, but when I went to leave comments on some of the listed sites-I got this weird sound and was not able to!! This didn't seem to happen with all of them though, so here I am.

4:45 PM  
Blogger b said...

Thanks so much for adding my blog to your marathon. You have some wonderfully thoughtful readers.

5:10 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Just finished the marathon. Except for some few which I had difficulty in opening their sites, I've finished the whole list.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Neurotic Mom said...

Hey i thought i had you saved to my favorites but had to go through old comments to find you. Thanks for sending traffic my way again.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

ooops... Im here from dr John...lmao

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chana is right tony and zingtrial is one personI thought you knew that Dr John He!He!He!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home