Friday, September 29, 2006

A recomendation

Saying for the day: Take one in the morning to clear the mind.

There are all kinds of blogs out in the blogasphere .

Some of them make us laugh.
Some of them make us sad.
Some even make us sick.

But not too many of them really make us think.

There are lots of blogs out there that take positions.
There are lots of blogs that try to tell us what the truth really is.
But lots of those blogs are not well thought out and show very little study of the problem.

The other day I came across one of those special blogs.
It makes you think.
It is clear.
It shows that the writer knows what she is talking about.

That doesn’t mean one always has to agree with her .
She is not perfect .
But she is worth reading.

Her blog is :
"Meditations from the Messy Middle of Things"

and she goes by the blog handle of the Rev. Dr. Kate.

I really think everyone should read her “Rules of Religious Respect”.

I could, I suppose, have made her a link for the day but I wanted her to be read even by people who don’t care to play the link game.

So please give her a look and then think a bit about what she says.
It can’t hurt .

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my backyard where the trains still run and nobody runs for Mayor– We are getting closer to the November election and a feeling of panic is setting in in Pigeon Falls. The citizens remember last spring when the Mayor and the Board all resigned and the chaos that followed. They don’t want to see that again and yet nobody wants to take on the task of running the town. Everybody says they are too busy or not smart enough. But the real reason is they have seen the kind of year the Mayor and Council have had and they want no part of that.
Nancy says that fear of the future of the town is becoming a bigger topic of conversation than the name of the school teams. You know something is big when it pushes sports aside in a small town.
Speaking of Sports the New Potatoes play the Trojans this Friday. Nobody gives the team much of a chance. The school is the smallest school in the conference and the Trojans are undefeated. The New Potatoes are likely to get mashed again.
The only good news for the town is that people who used to take the train color tour and just go through Pigeon falls are now stopping in the hopes of seeing the White Rabbit or the Dragon. Locals have plenty of stories to tell them and both the rabbit and the dragon grow with the telling. Some of those waiting to leave last night got to see the real thing as the White Rabbit showed up off the end of the train station. He was wearing his red, white, and blue sweater and hopped and smiled. Those were some happy tourists. Mrs. Trumble showed up about fifteen minutes later with her trusty Dragon Slayer but the rabbit was long gone.
****

Link for the Day:Avalon's Cafe-: Remember to put the words DR. John in your comments to get those coffee stained color coded JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your points.
Betty painted the trim on the garage door this morning. After lunch we left the Fortress and I finally got a haircut. Then we went to the dump and got rid of some garbage. then to Iron River and the drug store. The ride over and back was beautiful and we were sorry we didn't bring the camera.Well now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John,
you'll be giving everyone's blog star ratings soon.
I guess some people are finding their feet in blogosphere, don't know which direction to go ...
Others just ramble about this, that and the neighbours cat,...

Some talk about personal things, family and the family cat

Some discuss, debate, have fun quizzes, entertain themselves and vistors ...
Some are just mini googles or mines of googled information, and some are just journalistic wannabe tirades on politics or, or ...

But jey there seems to be room for all, some are lost some are found, some are on the rebound. But the good ones get visitors, and the fun ones even more. Have fun!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yep, Dr. Kate has some good things to say.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Nobody blogs like you!!!!!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Poor old mashed potatos. I'm off to read Dr. Kate, thank you for the link!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

you mean there's people who don't like to play the links game? lol.

i agree that with all do different things with our little cyber space. and it is good that is that way, except for the ones that purposes are to shock and belittle or are totally inappropiate. in our little group we have wonderful, kind, thoughtful minds that give something positive, i think, to the blogworld. i'm glad that you have found another one. one with substance and character and without fear to stand for what is right. i have seen her comment for a few days but hadn't been there yet...until today..thank you for always sending us to wonderful new beginnings.
***************
there was garbage all over the streets but then again, the local Lutheran kids (right?) did an awesome job of cleaning up. the roads were not being fixed. there was a sense of panic not knowing who led the town...do they really want that again?

i can understand the thrill of a tourist in seeing the rabbit. can you imagine the tales.
the dragon and rabbit are doing a great thing for the town. way better than any commercials for tourism.
***********************
i hope that you get that letter from your doc soon so you won't have to be without what you need. it is good and smart that you were already prepared with a backup plan. hope the family enjoys celebrating in Lori's wonderful day. much love, take care and read you tomorrow.

7:02 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Thank you so much for the kind words about my blog. I guess I use my space in the cybersphere to work out things I am thinking and praying about. It has been a joy and pleasure to me to meet so many folks who want to think about things and muse along with me. Some folks raise points that I haven't considered and send me to places where I can learn more. I very much appreciate that. Several of them are regular visitors to your blog - so thanks for sending them my way!
Blsssings!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for the rabbit showing up to entertain the tourists! What did they think of Mrs. Trumble and her shotgun??

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

"The good ones get visitors"? Hmm... Considering my low traffic of late, that opens a whole new can of worms for me!

LOL

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Yes, I had read the good Rev. Dr.'s post several days ago. Excellent and much to think about.

12:03 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I too love blogs that make me think..
Have a great weekend and I hope your breathing is better today:)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading Kate's blog since you first linked to her, and find her posts thought provoking and lucid about issues we should all be thinking about. I encourage everyone to give her a try.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr John, thank you for this place you provide for us, the stories you tell, and the new adventures you offer -- not just in Pidgeon Falls, but through your daily links. I am thankful that I found your blog.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DR John you have a nice blog.
I like blogging and if I find a good friend and blog like yours I am happy.
so my friend have a nice weekend .
wish you well

6:47 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I enjoy all the blogs on my blogroll.....and a lot of the ones you have prescribed for us to read have been really good ones. I think its a nice thing that people have an outlet just to get something off their chest or to sound off. But making the friends I made was unexpected...and a wonderful experience. I feel like we have our own little community and I love all of them.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Take one dose of Dr. John and come back tomorrow- you'll be feeling better in no time.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr John, There are lots of great links here to follow up.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home