Saturday, September 30, 2006

My Marshmallow

Saying for the Day: Stuffed monkeys are a man's best friend.

As I write this blog a little stuffed monkey looks down on me from the top of my computer.
He is a gift from a wonderful friend.
I don’t know much about monkeys or how to name them so I have named him after a monkey I saw on a blog.
I decided to call him Marshmallow Jr.
Well I didn’t think Spot would fit nor BoBo.
He is going to watch over me as I write my blog.
Perhaps he will correct my spelling.
He might even help me to make better use of commas.
When I can’t think of a topic I will look to him and I will get inspiration.
I checked and the top of my monitor doesn’t get hot so he should be comfortable.
Stuffed monkeys don’t need much.
He doesn’t require any food or drink.
I will give him lots of love.
Every day I will read my favorite blogs to him and all the nice comments on my blog.
He will be such a happy little monkey.
I know the person who decided to give him to me wants only the best for him.
He might even inspire me to stop procrastinating and send a thank you note.
Perhaps, that’s expecting a bit much from such a little monkey.
But he can do it.
I think he can.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls - the little town in my backyard where the trains still run and old ladies carry shotguns– The woods around Pigeon Falls are beginning to really glow with colors. Soon they will be at their very peak. So the tourists are increasing. Dr, Fortress is bringing in three trains a day for the remainder of the color season. Toivo is running a color tour with a ten passenger van at very reasonable prices. It is a good time for Pigeon Falls.
Nancy says that a lot of the tourists stopping in for coffee and a saffron bun want to know about the White Rabbit and the Dragon. She enjoys telling the best of the White Rabbit tales,
The coach of the New Potatoes says that just because the Trojans haven’t been defeated doesn’t mean they can’t be. He has hopes for his team tonight. When we defeat then they will stop laughing at our name he said. The chance of the New Potatoes winning is not very high but you never can tell.
A week from tomorrow we have the big Pumpkin fest. The committee has heard about some town where they have a contest for people to build catapults and see how far they can throw pumpkins so they are adding that to the contest.
Eino is still waiting on the Bureau of Homeland Security to get some information about the company that owns the Hermit house. He can’t understand why it is taking so long.
Mrs. Trumble is upset because people aren’t letting her know fast enough about White Rabbit appearances. How can she shoot it if she can’t find it. She should get a hunting dog. One of those beagles. They are very good at rabbit hunting.
Bill Maki said he called her the other day when he saw the White Rabbit out by his farm but she wasn’t home. If she wants help she should sit by the phone or get a cell phone.
****

Link for the Day: Delusions of Sanity- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those singing JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your total.
WE had a good day today. I worked on the coming Marathon. We made preperations for our trip to Hancock tomorrow. I printed out the nine steps of grieving for Esther. I haven't written the tenth one yet. Now we have to figure out how to get them to her. We went to church tonight.
Then we went shopping. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

17 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

They should dress a few of those pumpkins that are going to be in the catapult competition like the white rabbit and the dragon and not tell Mrs. Trumble. See what she does when the games begin.

5:26 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

A pumpking catapult competition? Life is really dull in the city compared to this!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Pumpkin catapulting, I forsee grave danger for the rabbit, and next season a town completely encased in pumpkin vines.
I think you might be on to something with that monkey Dr. John.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

No kidding- in a little town not too far from here and often on my bus route they have pumpkin launching contests. They build(grown men do this)pumpkin launchers, paint them all up funny and see who can launch a pumpkin the furthest. Several area businesses enter their launchers in the contest as well as anyone else who wants to. It's an annual event and the crowd gets bigger every year. Portageville has a Potato Festival, Pike hosts the Dairy Festival as well as the Wyoming County Fair, Wyoming has the Apple Umpkin Festival, Letchworth hosts a mega size Craft Show every October, and North Java launches pumpkins.
Now, someone needs to build a PL for Mrs. Trumble. If she is successful in smashing the white rabbit with a pumpkin propelled from a powerful launcher she won't have to cook supper. She'll have ready made rabbit stew and pumpkin pie.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I have the button with the picture of Pete sitting in front of my computer....he's so cuuuutttteeee!!!!!

Jusr looking at it makes my happy. I am glad you have your monley.

7:06 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Dr John - The Moon is not made of green cheese? And I was packing a load of Jacob's cream crackers and red wine for the next trip.

PS - Jacob's cream crackers are 'dry' cheese biscuits in the uk. Best tell the astronauts they;ll have to take their own cheese. lol!

7:33 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

PS - I'm no Magician, but you made me feel guilty, so I went looking for magic, and I know Nature can
Trick of the Light

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hale the Monkey make Dr,johns blog be the best!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Monkey see
Monkey do
Monkey does
The same as you.

I suspect he will, indeed, be an inspiration...

8:57 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im sure the little monkey will be an inspiration to you....and that my dear Doctor John is called " monkey business"

9:20 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

well, Keka and i are kinda bias to that name. we definetely think Marshmallow is a great name for a monkey. he is kinda cute, glad he will look after you.

and procastination? oh don't get me going on that..i have promised pictures and i still have none cropped.

and that wonderful package from The Fortress with the beautiful train and the village still adorns my living room, which is the good part, the bad part is that it is calling me to take pictures so i can show you all in the blog...

oh i have a camera, a finger to point and kids that are more than willing to pose with them...i have to do it..i must...
***************
Mrs. Trouble has to be sneakily stopped. maybe no one is calling her on purpose. the name of the team can inspire or distract the kids from the game..maybe that is why they are having a rough go of it.
i love the tourists coming to the town and enjoying the colors and the people. now, the rabbit and dragon has to give them the biggest show..and see even more tourist come..

Poor Eino, poor kid,,he is trying and no answers yet..but they will come.
******************
Here is hoping that you have a wonderful day. much love and hugs to all. take care and read you tomorrow.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You need a stuffed banana!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, now you have a co-conspirator when you want to enjoy some monkeyshines!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love janvangogh's idea of dressing the pumpkins like the white rabbit and dragon for the catapult competition. I can just see it now....

The pumpkins are launched and sited by Mrs. Trumble. The skies over Pigeon Falls are full of exploding pumpkins, blown to bits by her trusty shotgun.

Maybe they should sell umbrellas to the tourists, too. Or ponchos.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

My son once had to build a catapult to demonstrate knots and lashings for his Boy Scout Troop. They used it to catapult buckets of candy over the boys. I think they liked that better than they would have liked pumpkins.

Marshmallow Jr. looks very happy - he is a very lucky little monkey to live in such a wonderful place!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I love the little monkey, he's just too cute, and a pumpkin catapult competition- I LOVE IT!!! I bet that's so much fun! Sounds like a good time to me!

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a link of the day? Wow, I've never been one of those before! Thanks for the kudos!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home