Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday

Saying for the day: Comments are the currency of the blog world.

Its “Leave a comment Monday “ again.
Last week produced a lot of really great comments .
In fact it was so good that I can’t begin to choose between them.
Here are a few samples.

Cuppojoe said
What a difference from MY hiring process! "Are you breathing? Good. You're hired."
You know who I'd love to interview, though? Dr. John. That would be an entertaining 15 minutes, I'm sure. Check this out and you'll see what I mean…

Betty said
Dr. John gave me a degree in ventilator care.

Lori’s minute said
Sent by Dr. John, a guy who will hunt you down and kill you if you do not visit the blog he randomly selected for us to read for the day.

Margaret said
Gosh, what is going on with all of these Dr. John comments? Is he the guy who wanted all the bennies upon first question?

All these in response to a nice person who told us how to interview when looking for a job.
I love reading your comments both on this blog and the others.
Keep up the good work.
Today we are drawing for a bat and a mouse , Halloween stuff..
Good luck.
Our next Marathon starts Wednesday and runs for six days.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard where the trains still run and big White Rabbits carry pumpkins.– The other eating place in Pigeon Falls has changed its name to the White Rabbit. They are trying to attract tourists. Nancy with her seventy cent coffee gets the snack crowd and the Fly Inn which also serves drinks gets the afternoon meal group. I hear the owner is looking for big bunny suits to dress the waiters in. Don’t let Mrs. Trumble see them. If they go out they better carry signs that say “Not the real White Rabbit”.
All over the area men are building catapults for the pumpkin tossing contest. There will be prizes for the most original looking , the one that throw the farthest, and the one that comes closest to a target. Poor Mrs. Trumble almost got hit in the head by a pumpkin thrown by somebody testing their machine. He’s lucky she didn’t shoot him.
Eino still has heard nothing from the government concerning the stone man in his basement .You would think the government would be interested. If there is a company out there that is working on a transporter just think of the military uses. Perhaps , that’s why they aren’t getting back to Eino.
The town council is talking about raising the rate for the town cable. People get an entire fifteen channels for ten dollars. The council wants to raise the rate to fifteen dollars and add five more channels. Mayor South said that she thought they had enough channels already. You can only watch one channel at a time and fifteen choices should be enough. The council is afraid people will start getting those dishes that give you sixty channels. This is the time to do it if its going to be done. None of the members are willing to serve again so they don’t have to worry about how upset people get. Knowing you aren’t coming back sets you free.
The Liar's Club White Rabbit contest starts tomorrow. People are invited to tell their best White Rabbit story and the winner will receive a white rabbit shirt. We will share with you the best of those stories.
*****

Link for today-Being Five- remember to leave the words Dr. John in your comment to get those cartoon like JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your points.
Monitor is worse this morning. I am ordering a new one and hope it arrives before this one dies.
Betty will draw for the prizes when she gets up.
Betty is up and the names are drawn.
The winners are:

Jafabrit and Catch . Congratulations I know you need a mouse and a bat. Welcome back Jafabrit.
Had to close this up Tuesday morning because AT&T cut another cable and I was without internet all yesterday from noon on as was all of the UP. It was a beautiful day in Crystal Falls. My sister Dawn called and said it was an omen that God was smiling on our decesion to take out a loan on the house to get the house in Neenah. We went to the bank and started the process. Now we have paperwork to do. Coming back Betty took pictures of the layout. I had a breathing treatment.
GBYA

21 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I sure wouldnt want to be a waiter at the Fly In with Mrs Trumble free to roam around town.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

If only the Pumpkin Tossing Contest could be put on You Tube. The thought of all those pumpkins zingin' about is one to behold.

5:16 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

good morning Dr.John. I agree about the comments and enjoy them as much as the blog entries. I don't enjoy blogs where no comments are allowed.
hum, quite a bit has happened at pigeon falls since I was gone :)

5:28 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:54 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Some serious mispellings - let me try again! Let us hope that the rabbit costumes are NOT playboy bunny costumes. That would really atttract the tourist crowd - but then the lutheran men in town could have a blushing contest. . . only teasing!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor Mrs. Trumble!! I think this town of yours should become a book. It would be fantastic!! I certainly enjoy reading about it --and I really appreciate all the comments I read here as well.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

News has it the White bunny has been seen or has a twin brother over on the otherside of Lake Erie in a little town south of Buffalo called Jamestown. He may be multiplying and perhaps we should call the animaal control and get him into a spay/neuter program.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

I'll make you a deal, Dr. John... You keep up the good work with this blog, and bringing people together in such a positive way, and I'll keep trying to bring a grin to your face.

How's that sound?

On a side note, it's too bad we don't live in the same city... Where I work, there are literally hundreds of monitors in good working order that no one wants to buy (so they are cheap). Everyone wants those LCDs nowadays...

6:37 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

yes, i think we are all being much more ingenious about our comments and putting your name in there. very glad that you are enjoying
them..

good thing that there is no spirit of competition amongst us (excuse me while i choke), not like someone (Joe) is trying to move in my brownosing (the word doesn't really fit for i truly do mean every other word and i do really love you) territory. ;p
*****************
hmm, well i love the new restaurants name. now what type of bunny outfits are we talking about..the cute, family friendly real rabbit costumes or the playboy type of bunny outfits..i say if its the last then the former Mrs. Trouble now the sane and correct in her actions Mrs. Trumble should be allowed to hmm, have her shotgun back. ;p

good luck with the liar's comments..i know Quilldancer will be busy outdoing herself..can't wait what comes out of this one.

good luck with the rates for cable. they sound steep..
and no 15 channels is not enough.
*************
glad you had great good laughs. i know how delighted 'he' will be to read that he made you laugh again. it makes us all pleased to be able to give you something back. you and Betty give us sooo much. hope you guys have a good day..we have had extremely hot days and today we woke up to snow, can you believe it..apparently turning into rain later..ahh, living in Calgary, you never know what you are gonna get. take care and read you tomorrow.

6:49 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Seventy cents for a cuppa coffee.
I'm definitely living in the wrong place. You don't even get the paper cup for that in Cambridge.
And coffee out of a paper cup just don't do it for me, whether it's got a Star-Bucks design on it or not.

PS - Dr John, don't forget it is not all imagination but the laws of physics: particle physics and astrophysics. Like balls on a billiard table, if one hits another there is a 'reaction' and a different reaction depending on whether the balls are the size of atoms (nuclear reactors), the size of marbles, the size of billiard balls, or the size of Pluto the dwarf planet, not the dog.

7:29 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Are those bat masks? They're pretty cool.

7:31 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

PPS - Dr John, you'll be pleased to hear that atheist particle physicists (and not all are atheist) are about to prove with the LHC collider at CERN in Geneva Switzerland, that there is something which you cannot see or measure, that does 'exist'

Also curious detail that a fly or mosquito is not affected by the laws of 'gravity' - it can hang upside down from the ceiling. Unless it is dead, then it falls to the ground attracted by gravity, proof again that something inmeasurable is missing from the dead fly or mosquito, namely the life force

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$10 or even $15 for cable? Is there a real estate office in Pigeon Falls, 'cause I want to move there.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Lori's taking this all far too seriously... :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

With only 15 channels no wonder the Rabbit is making a nuisance of himself! The people of PF must not be getting Animal Planet.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I won! I won! I love it when I have things coming in the mail from Dr John!! And I didnt have a bat and a ghost so yes I do need them :)) I get so excited when I win something!!! And I too enjoy all the comments...I feel like we have a little blogging community going here and I do so enjoy it. Wouldnt it be nice to have a blog party where we could all get together and meet each other?

10:28 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

All that matters to me is that I can come here and comment at will:) I do enjoy comments on my blog and thats whats keeping me going at this time.
Just...thankyou Dr John

2:12 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, I thought of you as I was leaving work today. Across the street on the curb was a lovely monitor with a sign that read, "I'm free, I work, take me home."

5:28 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Speaking of bunny suits.......and we were weren't we? When I was pregnant with Ana, about 6 months, I had to dress up for Halloween at the bank....what else does a pregnant woman wear, a bunny suit! i bought some pink tights, and sweats, and made a pair of ears and painted my face, complete with whiskers...... the only bad thing,,,,,,,,I was the manager. On this particular day we had hired a temp to answer phones. He was not doing it properly, instead he was trying to do his college work, and sending the calls to someone else, so the manager of the loan dept asked me to fire him. So i went over, and politely let him know that his services would no longer be needed, his reply, "well this is the first time I ever got fired by a rabbit."

5:34 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Congrats Jafabrit and Catch! Very cool prizes. So Dr. John, what is this marathon you speak of?

How much for 5 TV stations? That's all I need. I can't wait to hear the best White Rabbit stories.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dr. John! I just wanted to drop by and personally thank you again for sending your "Pigeons" my way, LOL!! They all were so friendly and supportive of my art, it's been wonderful!

My "Work in Progress" is Finished! Be sure to check it out. I am also having a little contest related to the painting-you could win a print of the painting, so be sure and stop by! All the Best, Megan

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home