Saturday, October 07, 2006

Rabbit man to the rescue


Saying for the Day: If it sounds like a rabbit and it jumps like a rabbit it could be a manbit.

The other day Smythe from Pigeon Falls told a story of an research center that was trying to patch genes and got the big White Rabbit that talks.
I thought that this was a pretty far out story but Janvangogh called my attention to an article on the thisislondon.co.uk website.

Let me quote from that article:

“Scientists are planning to create a "frankenrabbit" by fusing together human cells with a rabbit egg. It is hoped the "chimeric" embryos, which would be 99.9 per cent human and 0.1 per cent rabbit, could lead to breakthroughs in stem cell research which could one day cure diseases such as Alzheimer's or spinal cord injury.”

Of course the research could also produce men who leap tall buildings in a single bound or talking rabbits.
At the very least it could produce a strain of people addicted to carrots and carrot juice.

How can one begin to guess what a 99% human 1% rabbit would be like.
It simply boggles the mind.

In any case the next time you see somebody eating carrots and drinking carrot juice it just may be that the new human is already here.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my back yard where the trains still run and little old ladies hunt dragons.-Yesterday we had another of the big White Rabbit stories told for the liar’s club contest. The story was by Bill Maki. Here it is:
Not too long ago a space ship landed out back of the old McGregor place. The aliens in the spaceship were collecting earth specimens for the zoo on their home planet. They had the ship filled with animals they had collected from around the universe. While they were out of the ship this large White Rabbit found away to get his electronic door to open. He then opened the door on the cage that held what we call a dragon also from its home planet. The two of them then escaped together. They were both intelligent, speaking creatures. They decided that life on this planet would be better than ending up in a zoo someplace. So they took off into the woods. Their captors returned to the ship with a bear, a moose, and a deer only to find them gone. The problem for the ship as that they couldn’t risk being discovered by staying any longer and so they left the rabbit and the dragon behind.
At first the dragon flew only at night. He saw that the intelligent beings on this planet looked much like the ones on the spaceship and he figured that they probably had a zoo as well. So he and the Whiter Rabbit decided to hide and try to call as little attention to themselves as possible. Of course as the white Rabbit looked for food he was often seen. He would make the best of it and smile and wave. The dragon had it easier as there were lots of turkeys in the wood which made a great lunch. But the day came when the White Rabbit made an appearance before the town at one of its many festivals. The people rushed at it and he was so scared he ran for the woods where the dragon picked him up an flew him deep into the trees. Thus there were no tracks for people to follow. Then Mrs. Trumble began to hunt the White Rabbit and life got more difficult. At this point they came to me. When the White Rabbit talked I almost fell down. When the dragon talked I did sit down.
I explained that we didn’t have the technology to send them back to their home world. That the zoo would be better that the government getting hold of them. But they decided they wanted to be free as long as possible. I told them they could stop and visit me any time they wanted. At this point I’m not at all sure what is best for them. But I do know that I don’t want anybody coming out and going through my barns. The last guy that did that ran into the dragon and got roasted.
Again the club is waiting until the last story to choose which is best.
*****

Links for the day: Marathon four link set four. Remember to leave the words Dr. John in your comments to get those bashful JCPOINTS. Check your totals HERE but the marathon is not included. Betty and I will soon leave for Green Bay. I am taking the laptop and both of kids have wirless networks I can hook into so I should be able to keep up the posts but they will possibly be a bit late.
We made it to Green Bay and unloaded more of the house into Pete's garage. Spent some time with the grand kids and then went to Pennies. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Too bad those aliens didnt take more deer.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

I lost both my father and brother to alzheimers and part of me wants to be supportive of the hope stem cell research holds out. The other part of me thinks we're messing where we don't belong. I would be interested to see you opinion, from a clerical viewpoint, on the appropriateness of this research.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Uh Oh! Be very careful in South Africa there has been reports of Flesh Eating Bunnies!

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20060417235529970C916025

You soon may wonder where all the pigeons have gone.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey stranger! hope you have been well..classes are going okay..still miss internship...

later!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

A human and bunny cross --

--humans with bunny tales?

--bunnies with people ears?

--humans procreating like bunnies?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

whew!! I got way behind and even missed altogether days 2&3 so I ended up doing 34 blogs between last night and today.

12:36 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

gosh it seems we are both into rabbits today LOL!

I had a HUGE smile on my face today when I went to the mailbox. I got my PRIZE and oooh I love it. Big thanks and sending a hug to you and betty.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jackie's Garden said...

Okay - I just find that hard to believe. And very very scary. I'm hoping it's just not true!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I forgot to leave a comment while I was doing the marathon so I will leave one now....your haircut looks good!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I think its just crazy,,,can you imagine a human being with a nose that wiggles like a rabbit??? lmaooooo... Running Dr Johns marathon...you are his link of the day.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it's 10:45 pm my time..i got the marathon list for the day and the comment in before midnight, who-hoo...

i am so glad you had a nice visit with the family. hope Pennie is well.

take care and hugs all around.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Okay, Dr. John... I've done Day One through Day Four so far. I can't remember the last time I commented on so many blogs! *whew*

Gotta go grab me some bandaids for the fingers and put on some music to drive out the never-ending "Dr. John, Dr. John, Dr. John..." going through my head...

;)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home