Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gimme Five

Saying for the day- If you swim in the ocean long enough something will bite you.

In response to Margaret’s Tag - Gimme Five
1) Five Minutes to yourself. How would you spend them ideally?

- Looking at Christmas catalogues.
- Meditating
- Work on the Pigeon Falls story
- Nap.
- Pray.

2) Five Dollars to spend right now. How or where would you spend it?

- Prizes for pic a prize( that tells you what their worth)
- a Grocery store pie
- Another figure for the layout
- A can of spray paint
- Lunch at Dairy Queen

3) Five Items in your house you could part with right now?

- Nine porcelain cups with religious sayings on them. Couldn’t even give them away at the garage sale.
- The entire VHS tape rack because they collect dust and I never watch them anymore.
- My old Canon printer..
- Two scanners that I replaced with a combination printer/scanner.
- The desk I made when we were first married.

4) Five Items in your house you absolutely, positively could never part with?

- My grandfather’s bible
- My computer.
- The White Rabbit Figurine. (Sentimental)
- My computer monkey.
- My o27 train layout

5) Five Words (or phrases in my case) you love to hear?

- "I love you." (Yeah I know, still not so original.)
- "Grandpa you tell the best stories." (A true rarity.)
- "I won’t need to see you for three months” ( From my doctor)
- "That’s a really great layout you have there.”
- "Go ahead get a new………”

Warning– I will forward all my junk mail to the next person to tag me.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my backyard where the trains still run and big White Rabbits move around freely– Eino has been talking to Bree again and he says it is time to put an end to the White Rabbit thing. He says he has a plan to solve the mystery bit he isn’t telling anybody. Mrs. Trumble says if he doesn’t do it soon she will solve it for him with dragon slayer.
Mrs. Maki says she saw Tommy, the undertaker’s kid coming out of Mrs. Trumble’s house late yesterday afternoon. One has to wonder what he was doing there since they are almost enemies over the White Rabbit thing. When asked what he was doing there he said he delivered her groceries and she tips well. Never let personal feelings get in the way of finances. Besides Mrs. Trumble makes a good glass of lemonade
Mayor South said that she has asked the state of Michigan to help pay for a new snowplow and she is hopeful they will get some aid from the state highway fund.
The great coffee war has begun . The White Rabbit Café has dropped its price for a cup of coffee to sixty five cents. When Nancy found out she dropped hers to sixty cents. Now you can get a cup of coffee and a saffron bun for just a buck sixty. And it comes with the best gossip in town.
Given the early snow the Lesser America amusment park is going to close next weekend. They are having a special weekend where one ticket gets you two days. Dr. Fortress is running a special train and hopes it won't snow.

****

Link for today: RcktMan's Launching Pad- remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comments for those fast moving JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your totals.
This was Betty's Top's day. When she came back we went to the bank and we will get the money for the loan on Monday. We have three days to turn it down. Called the real estate person and began shifting dates. If everything goes right we should be in the new house by November 17.
My sister called and I told her how things were going. I finished three more blogger cups today and we packed up those and the Monday prize and will mail them out tomorrow. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Have you ever heard of Oolong, the rabbit who could balance a pancake on its head? Google it sometime. May be another talent for the White Rabbit --- put on a show at the White Rabbit Cafe -- during breakfast of course.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That was really sweet Dr. John, I am glad that you have done the tag. Although the threat of junk mail certainly discourages me from ever doing it again.

Junk email that is. Junk snail mail I don't mind so much for after shredding it makes a wonderful nesting material for our pet guinea pig.

:sigh: You have that au d' rack of VHS tapes also! There are a few movies that I had put aside because they were good and the DVD release hasn't come out yet. However the majority of them were whims of purchase (should have just rented them) or they are Disney Movies that I've since replaced. I'm thinking of donating some of these to a local daycare center.

5:50 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Oh but reading your tag answers was fun :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Interesting reading your answers - but I if I get five minutes to myself NAPPING is at the top of the list!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

great post! I enjoyed the meme, I may try it myself.! I love to read these things!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to narrow down the list of blogs I have to read each day to five, but couldn't find any that I could eliminate. You, of course, are at the top of the list (he said, shamelessly pandering for JC Points)......

1:08 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

A grocery store pie... surely not those frozen things with the cardboard crust? They really do cost five dollars though. Your train layout is so cool.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love looking at Christmas catalogs! It's a holdover from childhood, I guess, when Christmas meant the arrival of the Sears Wish Book.

Your local library might be interested in taking all those VHS tapes off your hands. I gave a lot of mine to ours and they were thrilled to get them.

I don't think I want to know the truth about the white rabbit. A little mystery keeps life fun.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Love your answers to the tag...& I promise NEVER to tag you. Just had to stop by & check the goings on in Pidgeon Falls. I just love that little community.

Blessed be...

5:41 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Nice meme. You didn't say what kind of pie. I am partial to banana creme, but wow that is one calorific pie!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

yuppi, the world is at it should be..me leaving you the owed message..i send you an email and left you a message in tuesday's and Betty's post..do you think i cover all the basis, :p ...
..now i know which is the one thing you love hearing that i forgot in the email..ahh, the doctor one..and yes, i do hope you hear those words often.
***********
those are sweet prices for coffee and a treat..great for the people of Pigeon's fall. i would like to believe Tommy's reasons to be seen coming out of Mrs. Trouble's house..but i wonder..
Can't wait for Bree and Eino to tell us what the mystery answer is but i hope it doesn't mean the end of the rabbit and dragon..
**************
i got to tell you i totally missed not being able to leave you a message in the corresponding post..i knew i loooved coming to your post daily but i freaked when it was not there, i didn't realize until last night how i needed your post too..no pressure sir, just trying to tell you how important you are..

you and Betty are wonderful and i love you both..thank you for the upcoming treats in the mail..how hard you work for us and how much money you spend..

i will cheer when you are in your new home and this whole mess is over for you guys..i do wish the selling of your house would hurry up so that we can cheer that part too..moving is such hard work and i honestly wish we could help..

6:01 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh and i left a comment on the link too..just wanted you to know..today he posted he baked a real apple pie, yummmy...

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great meme answers and what a terrible, terrible threat... *shudder*.
Great news about the new house.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. John!

Thank you so much for the link to my blog! I kept reading these comments, thinking to myself, "Who the heck is this Dr. John character, and why are all of these people telling me that he sent them to me?" :) I had to do a little searching, but I found you.

I will certainly be putting up a link to your blog in return.

Keep in touch!

Rick a/k/a RcktMan

4:50 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I am so glad you were well. AND, I wanted to read this installment of the Pidgeon Falls saga.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home