Saying for the day- If you swim in the ocean long enough something will bite you.
In response to Margaret’s Tag - Gimme Five
1) Five Minutes to yourself. How would you spend them ideally?
- Looking at Christmas catalogues.
- Work on the Pigeon Falls story
2) Five Dollars to spend right now. How or where would you spend it?
- Prizes for pic a prize( that tells you what their worth)
- a Grocery store pie
- Another figure for the layout
- A can of spray paint
- Lunch at Dairy Queen
3) Five Items in your house you could part with right now?
- Nine porcelain cups with religious sayings on them. Couldn’t even give them away at the garage sale.
- The entire VHS tape rack because they collect dust and I never watch them anymore.
- My old Canon printer..
- Two scanners that I replaced with a combination printer/scanner.
- The desk I made when we were first married.
4) Five Items in your house you absolutely, positively could never part with?
- My grandfather’s bible
- My computer.
- The White Rabbit Figurine. (Sentimental)
- My computer monkey.
- My o27 train layout
5) Five Words (or phrases in my case) you love to hear?
- "I love you." (Yeah I know, still not so original.)
- "Grandpa you tell the best stories." (A true rarity.)
- "I won’t need to see you for three months” ( From my doctor)
- "That’s a really great layout you have there.”
- "Go ahead get a new………”
Warning– I will forward all my junk mail to the next person to tag me.
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my backyard where the trains still run and big White Rabbits move around freely– Eino has been talking to Bree again and he says it is time to put an end to the White Rabbit thing. He says he has a plan to solve the mystery bit he isn’t telling anybody. Mrs. Trumble says if he doesn’t do it soon she will solve it for him with dragon slayer.
Mrs. Maki says she saw Tommy, the undertaker’s kid coming out of Mrs. Trumble’s house late yesterday afternoon. One has to wonder what he was doing there since they are almost enemies over the White Rabbit thing. When asked what he was doing there he said he delivered her groceries and she tips well. Never let personal feelings get in the way of finances. Besides Mrs. Trumble makes a good glass of lemonade
Mayor South said that she has asked the state of Michigan to help pay for a new snowplow and she is hopeful they will get some aid from the state highway fund.
The great coffee war has begun . The White Rabbit Café has dropped its price for a cup of coffee to sixty five cents. When Nancy found out she dropped hers to sixty cents. Now you can get a cup of coffee and a saffron bun for just a buck sixty. And it comes with the best gossip in town.
Given the early snow the Lesser America amusment park is going to close next weekend. They are having a special weekend where one ticket gets you two days. Dr. Fortress is running a special train and hopes it won't snow.
Link for today: RcktMan's Launching Pad- remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comments for those fast moving JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your totals.
This was Betty's Top's day. When she came back we went to the bank and we will get the money for the loan on Monday. We have three days to turn it down. Called the real estate person and began shifting dates. If everything goes right we should be in the new house by November 17.
My sister called and I told her how things were going. I finished three more blogger cups today and we packed up those and the Monday prize and will mail them out tomorrow. Well I need a breathing treatment.