Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Telephone Game Again

Saying for the Day- Little brother is watching you too.

Last night while I was watching a fairly dull television program the phone rang and my wife answered it.
Wife– They want to speak to John about a vacation.
John – Hello this is John
Mary– This is Mary with vacations ……
John -Your right dear its about vacations.
Mary– John according to our records you
John – Wait just a minute. What kind of records do you have on me?
Mary –According
John– Your not the CIA are you?
Mary – No
John -But your keeping records on me.
Mary-Well we..
John– What kind of records are you keeping?
Mary– you don’t understand!
John– Did I authorize you to keep records on me?
Mary– No but
John – No buts . No buts. There must be some law against keeping records on me.
Mary-I just want.
John – What you want something else for your records?
Mary – No that’s not it at all.
John– Well you told me that you were keeping records on me.
Mary– Not exactly.
John – I want those records destroyed.
Mary – Have a good day sir.
John– How can I when you people are spying on me.
Mary –Goodbye
She hangs up. I win. Nothing like a good telephone game to liven up a dull evening.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my backyard where the trains still run and where big White Rabbits wear sweaters-Last evening the town of Pigeon Falls was plunged into darkness. The last storm had done something to some kind of power converter and it suddenly quit working. While the power was out somebody tried to break into Eino’s garage. Whoever it was didn’t know that Eino has a back up generator that comes on when the power goes off. So just after he picked the lock and opened the door the siren came on as well as all the lights. He got out of there and ran for the woods. Eino arrived to late to catch him but there was television tape mad eat the moment he opened the door. The man in the picture looks just like the guy who said he was from Homeland Security. Eino thinks that the power outage might not have been from the storm after all.
Nancy us getting so desperate to find a candidate for Mayor that she asked Mrs. Trumble again. She figures if Mrs. Trumble was Mayor she would quit chasing the White Rabbit. Mrs. Trumble, however , has no interest in being Mayor. She seems obsessed with the dragon and the White Rabbit. She is hoping that when deer season starts one of the hunters will find them and shoot them.
*****

Today's link:Its a Funny Name for a Lobster- Remember to put Dr. John in the comment to get those self efacing JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your total. Keep in mind that the number of JCPOINTS you have is the number of chances you have in the Monday and Friday drawings where yo get to pic from the Pic A Prize List. This is a list of priceless prizes.
It was a good day today. My son Peter and family arrived. Thanks to them all the fancy plates are down off the wall, and the entire Pigeon Falls layout is now on the garage shelf. Lori from Swiming with the Dolphins took down the plates. She is the world's greatest daughter-in-law. My grandaughter hauled houses . I couldn't have a better family. My grandson even asked me to tell a story. Wow! It doesn't get any better than this. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Your telephone games are hilarious! Good for Eino, I don't think that guy is from homeland security at all, time for the residents to form a posse and make a citizens arrest.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

John, Mary. Wasnt there some Al Freeman short where that was all they said?

5:27 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

It's funny - but scary too. Where is this vast stockpile of information the world seems to have about me - and with all of that information, how come no one knows where my car keys are???

6:47 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

I love your telephone game. Much more fun than hanging up on the dreaded telemarketers.
I hope Eino finds out who the man is soon. I will stay tuned.

Blessed be...

6:51 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

John, Marsha -- Stan Freeburg. It's early.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That was so funny I had to send it over to my Father-in-law, whom also loves to play games with telemarkers.

Goodness, I'm glad the white rabbit whom wears sweaters was around protecting the town last night when the lights were out. We surely wouldn't want a "wild hair" sneaking in disturbing the place.

7:56 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

ROFLOL, that was really funny and I am going to remember to use, "what you mean you have records on me?"

8:02 AM  
Blogger Delmonti said...

Well, I think you Dr John.... (for the link).... your far too kind!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Dr John Bazza and i received our wonderful Marathon Cups and Certificates today. A really big thanks for going to the trouble of sending them they have pride of place on our mantle.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

The political call I've been getting are all taped. They are no fun at all. I don't think the tape cares when I hang up.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I never think of stuff like that to say to telemarketers until after I hang up.

12:52 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

sounds like a prime example of Bushs patriot act!
Bikers all over America tried to have it repelled to no avail...

1:55 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love to hear about your phone games!!!!! They are the best!!!!!!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had the quckness of mind to remember all you say when answering the telephone, you are so funny.
I hate the persistant double glazing calls the most, "I think this is becoming harassment..." finally worked for me but that was desperation rather than fun! lol
Sounds like an ideal day with the family.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, you do have a great family. I have noticed that often happens to great parents.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Neurotic Mom said...

LOL thanks for the good laugh

10:16 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

hurray for you for winning that telephone game! I'm going to borrow your techniques the next time one of them decides to call me.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i always enjoy your conversations with those soliciting anything..they don't know but if they knew how we always read about it after the fact..
you do good to have fun with them.
*********
oh i was just thinking that it was probably that guy he met up that was trying to break in and that the power outage was all set up so that he could have opportunity to break in..thank goodness for the generator. my goodness, you just never know who you can trust eh!
i hope Nancy stops asking Mrs. Trouble to run for Mayor..oh that would be a disaster.
****************
what a lovely family you do have. they love you both so very much and they should. you are very Blessed, all of you to cherish and love each other. i'm so glad you were happy today.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home