Monday, October 30, 2006

Leave a comment Monday

Saying for the Day:Comments are like decorations on a Christmas tree.

It’s “Leave a Comment Monday” and it’s time for the good bloggers out there to make me happy as a lark by leaving me a comment.
What could be nicer on a Monday than sweet, sweet, comments?

Last week was a good week for comments.
The prize for the weirdest information conveyed in a comment goes to Mimi who gets 50 JCPOINTS for this comment

”And then the next day he kept complaining that his back hurt. He eventually found his teeth on the bed and realized from the markings that he had bit himself on the back while sleeping!:)”

At least I haven’t done that.
The funniest comment for the week (because I tried singing it and broke up was by Maragret,

“Over the internet and through a mouse click,
To Dr. John's Fortress we go.
Blogger's a fright,
It's down tonight
And my heart is filled with woe.

Over the internet and through a mouse click,
"Blogger is Up this morning!" I squeak.
Dr. John is upset,
It made him forget,
The best comments for the week.

Over the internet and through a mouse click,
to visit the link of the day,
To lend an ear,
And spread some cheer,
Leaving the words "Dr. John" along the way.”
So I’m giving Margaret fifty JCPOINTS .

These of course were not the only great comments but I only have so much space since Cuopojoe likes the blog length to be kept under control.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run and life goes on.– Mrs. Herman Smythe was in to cry on Nancy’s shoulder this week. It seems she and her husband are planning on going to Hawaii for Christmas this year. She has been planning this trip since she was a child. Before she dies she wants one Christmas without snow. Somehow Hawaii and not Florida became the center of her dream. This is the year her loving husband was going to make it a reality. But now her kids are complaining. It seems that they were looking forward to their usual Christmas at home. Nancy called and said the grandkids will be devastated. Joe called and reminded her of the recent earthquakes in Hawaii and said this was not a good year to go. Ellen from down the street said the whole town will miss the decorations. The Smythe’s had the best decorated town award three years running. They have a great manager scene, three lit trees, a huge star and an animated cow hung with lights ( they wanted a deer but settled for a cow). Mrs. Smythe said there was so much snow last year the poor Baby Jesus was up to his neck in snow and the cow couldn’t kick. She doesn’t care about kids or neighbors it’s her dream and she is going to live it. Poor Nancy didn’t know what to say. It was a lose , lose situation. If she said go ahead and go. She knew that Mrs. Smythe would tell kids and neighbors that Nancy said to go and they will be mad at Nancy. But if she says listen to your kids Mrs. Smythe might by angry at her. So she said" have another cup of coffee while I check the bread." At that point Mrs. Smythe decided she had to go home so Nancy was off the hook at least for today.
****

Today's Link:Tips and Tricks to Happy Parenting
- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those childlike JCPOINTS. Check your total HERE. Today we draw and somebody gets to Pic A Prize. You will notice we have added some new prizes ( still pricless) for you to pick from. We will draw when Betty gets up.
Went to Quilldancer's blog this morning. She sent me to another blog. You will find a link to that blog in the form of a globe on this blog. Go to Quilldancer's for more information.

Betty is up

Betty has drawn.

The winner is ( a very quiet drum role)

Catch




Congratulations! Please go to Pic a Prize and pick your prize. Leave the number in a comment.
Well we mailed out the Friday and Monday prizes and my sister's blog sheets. We went up to the insurance office and faxed some more paper work on the house.I am caught up. I spent the afternoon getting ready for Wednesday's mini-marathon. It will be a bit different.
Betty went to Iron River and got a prescription filled. I need a breathing treatment
GBYA

31 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I enjoyed Margaret's cpmment last week also.

It is so early in the day, this is the best I can do.

Oh, Pete posted pictures on my blog last night. He is such a good hubby.....

4:35 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

If Nancy thinks the community will blame her for telling Mrs. Smythe to go to Hawaii, then she probably doesnt have to worry about being elected mayor if she does. Short term pain, long term gain.

4:47 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

some of those comments are great :)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Some of us are funny, some are concise, some are verbose, some are procrastinators and just plan to leave comments but don't....takes all kinds to make up a blog......but we all have one thing in common....we seem to like comments...... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Christmas is coming........I can't imagine Christmas in Hawaii.......does hawaii have Christmas? haha

5:12 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Poor Mrs. Smythe, she really should follow her dream, life is so short. Nancy handled that situation just like a politician... excellent mayor material.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Congrats to Mimi and Margaret! Well done!

Now, I have a special sort of comment (and I'm afraid I must apologize for "hijacking" this comment thread, but I didn't know how else to get the word out...) in the form of a request:

If you could all keep Chana in your thoughts and prayers today, I know she's really appreciate it. She had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital Saturday with severe pain and inflammation in her lower back and abdomen. She's home now on some heavy duty painkillers and awaiting a chance to see her doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Dr. John, I know if Chana was up to sitting at the computer that she'd try to leave the most encouraging, loving, and thoughtful comment for you today. And it would probably end up being twice as long as your post... ;) Instead, I'll have to do my best in her place and let you know that this little community you've built on almost comments alone is one of the true treasures of the Internet!

I hope the flood of comment you receive today will bring a smile to your face!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Oh Dr John you are a sweety you've given me a link on your blg list big thanks!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dr. john! I will let you know possibly by Thursday evening...please pray..

p.s. I am nervous...kinda afraid...

but God has not given us the spirit of fear...right??? huggs!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dr. John,
First of all, thanks for choosing my post to be your "Today's Link" and sending people my way. It was a nice surprise and yes, everyone loves comments. Especially ones that make you feel like what you said was worth something. Like we say it here in Malaysia, "terima kasih" (thank you).

7:08 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

You have the most creative people gracing your site with comments and whatnot..

That's so funny.. but it kinda ups the ante on everyone else's comments..

TOO MUCH PRESSURE.. hahahah!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Dr. John.

Thoughts and prayers go out in great abundance from our house to darling Chana.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Thank you for picking me!!!!! I want the candle, I think its #4. Its so nice to get up and online and find out I won a prize!!!! Beautiful day here today!!! Not too cold! The sun is shining...the birds are singing....rise and shine!!!!!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bit himself in the back"...that's just too funny. How on earth did I miss that one last week?

Mrs. Smythe has some terribly selfish children if they can't spare her for just one Christmas so she can live her dream. Same for the town. Shame on them wanting her to give up her dream just so they can have an electric cow.

8:29 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Oh, I couldn't 4-get U on a Monday! Must have comments! I dislike lurkers. U know they are there, they just never comment! I get alot of that. Out of every 100 hits, I get about a dozen comments. Some people are just shy, I guess.
Have a wonderful Monday!
: )

10:22 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Stopping by to read more on Pigeon Falls and your trains and town. I dont' get by as often as I like, working with computers everyday kind of takes the fun out of using one when I get home.

Have you stopped by my blog I have for my Dad. It's titled My Dad's Trains. If you stop by you may like looking at it. You can find the link under My Blogs

Have a blessed day

11:24 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Well..the trouble for me is that when you announce its comments monday,Im already on Tuesday!
We are in the future..LOL

Thanks cuppojoe for telling us about our Chana..
WE will pray for her and tell her that we love her and miss her.
Breathe easy Dr John

11:55 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

(As dictated by Chana and typed by Cuppojoe)

I'm not strong enough to type this myself. I'm drugged up, but not enough. But the pain won't keep me from commenting on your blog and earning my JC Points, even if I have to hire a lousy typist.

(Editor's Note: "Hire" has been used in the loosest of terms...)

Take care of yourself, and Betty too. I love you both.

*****
Mrs. Smythe should go have her Christmas in Hawaii. Her kids should support her in what she wants and what will make her happy. If they are going to miss her so much, they should go along too.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hi, I just popped by to say I won't be blogging anymore. I have really enjoyed "meeting" all the folks on the blogs.

Take care,
Josie

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Smythe should go ahead and enjoy her dream while she can, as already said "life is too short". After being put in an awkward position Nancy made a graceful exit. Well done.

Great comment Margaret, so funny!

All good wishes for a painfree and speedy recovery chana. God Bless you!

1:14 PM  
Blogger to touch a unicorn said...

Mrs. Smythe should go ahead and enjoy her dream while she can, as already said "life is too short". After being put in an awkward position Nancy made a graceful exit. Well done.

Great comment Margaret, so funny!

All good wishes for a painfree and speedy recovery chana. God Bless you!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Prayers also go out from here for Chana and family.

I'll save my funny comments until later in the week. The cat seemed to have run away with my creative pickle.

1:43 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Here at fortress linna
fun tales of Pigeon Falls I find
Here at fortress linna
fun comments always to come mind
Here at fortress linna
even funny tales of bump & grind
Here at fortress linna
see Catch and her fabulous behind
Here at fortress linna
Dr John many attracts to the vine

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I know I haven't left a comment in a while so here you go a comment.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Nancy is very diplomatic and truly needs to run for Mayor.

Dr. John, in-light of your health I think I need to cut down on commenting on your blog. You say comments are like candy, and if that is true one could get fat on them -- or at the very least a swelled head. I would hate to be responsible for causing you to outgrow your britches or your hat.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

A comment I will leave,
If that you can believe,
I hope this is a game,
If not I'm sounding lame.
But I have cause for cheer,
You see.....I haven't been here
I don't know all tbe rules
For playing the commenting fool!
I must go chase a star
and travel very far
In a land where globes of light
Bring peace to a darkened night.
(Signed Mimi - Gatherer of Peace Globes and other wonderful things)


P.S. Thanks for mentioning the project. I got your globe. It is fab!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Love todays comments. Thanks to Cuppajoe for the update on Chana. She is in my prayers.

Blessed be...

8:22 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Those were too funny! I've been making my rounds. My connection has been the pits tonight! Ugh!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Leave a comment Monday.. but it is now Tuesday AM.. so.. I won't leave a comment. Maybe next week.

This is not going to be a nice Halloween for the trick or treaters and they so look forward to it.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello


I know I am onto something good, now I can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE to sell and make extra money.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the free ebay you wanted to sell your products FREE on the internet.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello


http://www.BuySellDirect.net a new advance ebay interface. I love it because it is
FREE for buyers and sellers


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the future of E-commerce to buy direct from the manufacturer and sell direct to consumers FREE. Their service is rock solid and most important 100% FREE

11:10 AM  
Anonymous karla said...

ok great comments

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home