Saturday, November 18, 2006

My soaps and ?

Saying for the Day: You never miss your Soaps until you can't see them.

While I was out closing on my new house I missed both television and the internet.

That is I didn’t get to see my soaps. I have no idea what Dr. Death did in my absence from “All My Children” but I know he was up to something. I may never find out and then again it is possible nothing happened. I think I have a soap addiction. I found myself going through withdrawal .I had the soap shakes.

Put on top of that only limited internet time so that I couldn’t read the blogs that I read every day and I had blog withdrawal as well.
It’s a wonder I could move.

But today I will read all my blog links and catch up. If I have the time I will even read back a couple of days. That will help get make to normal. Then Monday I will see my soaps and hope to catch up on those as well.

The good news when we move to our new home is that my daughter has something that records when your not home so I don’t ever have to miss a soap again. She also will have a cable internet modem so I can view blogs faster. Life is going to be good.
I guess I have become a child of this century.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls – the little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly free. Now Ernie, who is known to drink a bit too much swears he saw the dragon fly into Mrs. Trumble’s garage while she was gone. She left the garage door open. As soon as the dragon flew in, according to Ernie, the garage door closed all by itself. He called Mrs. Trumble on her cell phone and asked her if she knew she had a dragon in her garage. Mrs. Trumble showed up about ten minutes later. She parked her truck in front of the garage and went into the house through the front door. She says she got her shotgun and went out to the garage from the inside door hoping to surprise the dragon. But there was, according to Mrs. Trumble, no dragon. She says Ernie just has to stop drinking and seeing things that aren’t there. First he saw a White Rabbit in her garage and now a dragon.
Nancy says Mrs. Trumble was having a cup of coffee when she got the call. She said something about a pesky dragon in her garage and left. Nancy , of course is now telling everybody the story.
*****

Todays's Link: Birchsprite- Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comment to get those very Finnish JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your totals.
Betty will draw later. Just in case you win here is the PIC A Prize list.
Betty drew and the winner is (without anymore nonsense of any kind)

Nea

Congratulations Nea. Now go to the PIC A PRIZE list and pic a prize. Leave the number in the comment. Nea had 527 chances of being drawn the top person had 2021 so I guess she is lucky.
I spent all day finishing up loose ends on the blog. I have all the blogger globes from the last marathon ready to go except for one that I need an address for.
I am trying to remember who I didn't send the blogger cups to as the final cups are here.
Betty spent all day hauling things out of the attic. The dining room is now full.
Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get all fidgety when I've been too long away from my internet or too long away from my life in which talking is required. Eventually technology will catch up so I can have both lives at once.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Loved the link of the day but then I'm Finnish.

Enjoy playing catch-up. I don't like to be away from my computer very long either. The email builds and builds and I miss your Blog.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Uh Oh! You will soon be spoiled Dr. John. We have high speed cable here which must have had it's wires clogged last night as it trickled slower than dial up. That happens about once a month and wouldn't you know - always when I'm online and usually a Friday evening.

To think, if I'd never knew the difference it wouldn't have upset me any. :sigh:

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, last post out in cyberspace. Trying again.

Mrs Trumble needs to check her garage floor. Might be a secret door in the floor --- to a bat cave -- or dragon's lair or rabbit den.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

That blog withdrawal is very serious stuff. I've had that a few times myself. :)

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 21st Century, Dr. John, where a day without internet is like a day without sunshine.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I do NOT do soaps! I am, however, adicted to a few other shows and especially to my knitting. I find it rather difficult to cope without knitting on some or another each and every day. So while I hate soaps, I do understand.

Glad to hear that things are atleast starting to get smoother with the moving and everything. Hopefully you'll not only be able to sleep well, but the concerns will also melt away.

Today's link took forever for the video to fully load, but it was worth the wait. How much nicer the world would be if we sang our complaints out in full chorus!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

What is it that Ernie seems to be guzzling down by the bucketfulls that he keeps seeing the White Rabbit and Dragon going into Mrs. Trumble's garage and disappearing? The questions I have are:(1)Is Ernie hullucinating? (2)Is the WR and the D realy going there at all?
(3)Is Mrs. T secretly in cahoots with WR and D? (4)Are we sure that Mrs. T isn't a witch who turned Mr.T into D, and that's why she's after him?

Inquiring Minds want to know!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

lyOh my sweet Dr. John, sorry for the withdrawal. Let's see, and don't quote me pls for i suck at names and memory..Dr. Death (the father of Babe right?) cleaned out his home and all he left behind was a laptop with messages for Tad and son admitting he fake the DNA tests on the little girl..The little girl was taken from mom (because DNA didn't match with mom's) and the guy who they live with went on a war wrap. JR is still in comma or something, very sick anyways and Babe is not allowed near him..Basically that is it i think..

About the blogs, well everyone is writting amazing posts and we all deserve Pullitzer prizes, lol...

I'm glad that you will have that something to record your soaps. How nice of Pennie to take care of that. And that the speed will be faster...it does help i tell you.
*****************
Wouldn't it be horrible if we were to find out that Mrs. Trouble is really somehow connected to the dragon and rabbit and all has been a scam? That she is not the meany i see her as? Oh my...
that would we twisted and weird..and i would have much to apologize for..i have been calling her Mrs. Trouble for a long time..lol..ouch.
*************************
Glad you are settled for a few days and that you well, both of you. And that when you leave next wk, things will be much more stablished. I hope you catch up in all you want to. Thanks for being around for us..Pls say hi to Betty and give her a big hug. Much love.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Pretty soon you are going to be sitting there with curlers in your hair, your slippers on and a box of chocolates by your side watching your soaps!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

don't worry, Dr. John, ole Dr.Death is still having a ball with the wild group in Pine Valley!

11:06 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I got addicted to four soaps when I first came to america 28 years ago. I thought they were so intriguing, totally unlike british soaps (centered around working class). I weened off them ater 10 years. Now blog withdrawal that is something else LOL!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I left soaps when Luke and Laura were still kids and some evil man was controlling Port Charles with a weather machine. It was like, "Oh bother!" and I turned the set off and walked away, never to go back.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the link. It had a video that was both funny and true. Thanks..

12:50 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I understand that a piece of chocolate, rich and creamy helps with withdrawal from both the internet and soaps. And if that doesn't work a piece of homemade apple pie will certainly do the job. but I understand the need for internet, and also TV. Luckily I was able to avoid addition to soaps. But I am now hooked on chocolate and apple pie.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

ah, i see, I was picked, how in the world did I miss that, haha.

I am going to let Nick pick a prize for me, decissions are hard for me. He is at a friends as soon as he gets home I will have him pick...okay. I think I know which one he will pick...but I could be wrong......I often am. haha

2:44 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You are going to love the cable internet connect. You'll fly.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...the soap shakes! that was funny dr. john! ha ha ha ha..if I knew how to operate my video recorder, i probably would be addicted also!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Hi, My name is Sunflower. . .and I'm an internet-a-holic, LOL.

I'm home all day and usually listen to music while I'm working. I've never watched a soap in my life - but woe to anyone who dares to mess with my internet! ;-)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

drum rolllll and the winner is........... Nick says prize number 11, the refrigerator magnets with the light......

And thank you kindly.....

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home