Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The last Marathon

Saying for the day: It isn't the end until the fat lady sings.
Don't let the title scare you or give you a sense of joy. It doesn't mean there will be no more blog marathons. It means this post is about the last Marathon.
Thirty one people visited one or more of the assigned blogs and left a comment.
Twelve people did 30 or more blogs,
Four people did sixty blogs. That's all there were.
One man you visited deleted every comment that contained a Dr. John except one by Chana. He does not like DR. John. I think he thought we were some kind of blog spam,
A good number of others indicated they were very happy with our visits and thanked us.
Judging by their comments our people had a good time.
We picked up a couple of new people who did this marathon. Wow!
I started the marathon because I belonged to blog expolsion and I used to get fifty people tip toeing through and never leaving a comment. How do you kow who is reading your blog without a comment. So I started the link of the day and then the Marathon. Not just to get people to visit a blog but to read it and comment on it. IT has been I think worth the effort. Thanks to all who have and are participating .

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls- the little town in my garage ( I haven't sold it yet) where the trains still run and dragons fly free.-Deer season starts today and Pigeon Falls feels like a ghost town. All the men have gone to camp and the women have gone to the big city shopping. Tommy gave in and changed the council meeting until next week Thursday. I don't think he wanted to meet with just girls. Even the Fly Inn Tavern has few clients. for the next few days they will do their drinking at camp.
Nancy says that so few people are coming in that she is thinking of closing for a few days and going and doing some shopping herself. Mrs. Trumble was in muttering about bloggers that want the White Rabbit to get a sweater with a no hunting sign or something like it on the back. She says they don't understand this is a demon.
Her neighbor says the White Rabbit was back going around and around on Mrs. Trumble's driveway. It was waving and winking and throwing little pieces of paper. He thought Mrs. Trumble was home but she never showed. One wonders if the neighbor doesn't have anything better to do than watch her driveway.
Eino is trying to convince the FBI that given their description of the Hermit it was the wrong guy but they won't listen to him. One agent said that the word from the top was to drop the matter.
******

Today's link: Little Nuances-Remember to put the words Dr. John to get those tiny little JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your totals.
Rough night. I had leg cramp after leg cramp. we think it is because of the long ride in the car. I know I should eat more bananas. Today we close on the house.
It's done. Now we own a house in Neenah. Well we and the loan company do. Betty and Pennie are hauling things from her old house to the new one. She is set to close on this house on December tenth. Then we will have only two mortgages.Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Good morning, Dr John. Sorry about the rough night...those leg cramps can be awful. Bananas for you today. Sounds like a busy day for you & Betty with the house closing. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day!!

I have checked in early today for my Pigeon Falls fix. Sounds like the town is almost deserted. Good news for the White Rabbit & the Dragon. They just may have the place to themselves for awhile if Mrs T leaves town also. Hopefully, the magical ones will soon leave messages as to why they have chosen Pigeon Falls. I can just see the Rabbit smiling & waving & the Dragon floating along.

Thanks for being in my life, Dr J!! You bless me each day. You are a wonder...& so talented.

Blessed be...

5:32 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I am sure that Mrs. Trumble will be really threatened by the little pieces of paper the white rabbit is throwing. LOL What a naughty little litterbug rabbit. :-)

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be forever greatful for your blog of the day and marathons, I've met so many nice people that would have been impossible without your help.

5:50 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

while I had problems doing the marathon (server probs and then time probs) I think they are wonderful. I really like your link of the day.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Thanks for mentioning the Rabbit's sweater, and if I am able to (no promises! {vbg}) I'll drop it.

I, for one, would hate it if Pidgeon Falls sold! Especially if the stories stopped. I mean where else can I, and the masses, go for our fix if not here?

I am so greatful for all of the new friends that have entered my life and my blogging via you! I even entered Word Game VII this week, and a week ago I didn't even know about the Word Game!

Have a blessed day.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Good morning in Neenah to you. How nice that you were able to get online. I'm all smiles.

I look around all the different that we bump into, while doing the marathons and just see all the joy that we are not just leaving behind but experiencing ourselves.

We have been so lucky for it (the links and marathons)is a great idea that has touched many and blessed us all.

I am a bit shocked that the one link deleted all of our comments. I guess i can understand how he might have thought we were sometype of spam but still it is a bit sad..How silly, he has no idea of what he missed..He missed out on the most funny and smart commenters. My curiosity is begin me to ask who was it please?

I'm glad you are happy that you made all this happened. :)
**************
I'm hoping that you mean, your garage hasn't sold as your home hasn't sold and not Pigeon's Fall..that would be horrible and oh sooo sad. I just don't want you to sell the town layout's..The new town will love to see it too and it's you.. If it's being sold that we should all pitch in and buy it for you.
Eino is going to have to get an insider in the FBI to help him out...I'm smelling an conspiracy within the govt..imagine that eh?
Good luck to all the hunters. I hope no one gets hurt..including any dragons and rabbits.
********************
How wonderful that Pennie is ready to move. She will wake up in her new home and that is a new beginning for all. I'm glad that you were able to hook up all your med necessities but very sad that you had such a horrible night. Pls pass on a message to your Marshmallow, to share some bananas with you today and everyday. Maybe a bit of massage might help the circulation in your legs too..You have to mention this to your doc, old or new one.
Glad that you had a nice visit with Lori and the fam. There will be much more of that soon to come.
I hope you have a better night tonight. I hope that it is all smooth sailing as they say. Say hello to Betty and give her a hug from me. Much love to you both.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't taken part in one of your marathons but I do like your site. And I did leave comments on some of the sites listed in your last marathon.
It's a nice idea. Kudos to you..

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear leg cramps gave you a rough night. They plague me, also, and I eat enough bananas to be mistaken for a monkey.

Selling Pigeon Falls??? Say it isn't so! Where would we all go for a cup of coffee, a saffron bun and a good story? Do we need to start a 'SAVE PIGEON FALLS' campaign?

I, too, thank you whole-heartedly for the daily links and marathons. You've sent us to so many great places and introduced us to so many new friends. I love the little community you've created here.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I sure hope those leg cramps don't come from the marathons! Hurry! Go eat those bananas!

Seriously though, I love the marathons and have met so many great people through them. I just didn't get the time to do the last one and I really missed it. You are an inspiration to so many people- a unique mixture of fun and wisdom, now go get another banana.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

I hope your legs are feeling better. :)

I didn't get to participate in the marathon and I am very upset about that. My school is interfereing. ;) I'm kidding; school comes first.

Holy Moly! I can't wait to find out what the White Rabbit and the Dragon are going to do. I think that Mrs. Trumble's house can be a very good candidate for a target.

12:24 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Sorry to hear about the leg cramps Dr John..I have them also cos of my bad blood circulation and the only thing that works for me is not bananas but quinine..my doc prescribes it..oh but long car rides are the pits and make everything hurt!!
So glad the house signing will be today:) good luck for your new life!
Breathe easy

12:40 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Dr. John, I'm sure you've been dragged out for a famiy or function portrait a time or two. A group photo if you may.

I'm also sure you noticed that the final photo in a large group of people will catch someone at an "off" moment. Like in the midst of a sneeze, picking their nose or eyes are closed. While the rest of the group is all smiling the perfect "say cheese."

All of us at one time or another may have been in that "off" moment. Bloggers have them too.

Just look at it that way. =O)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely worth it, Dr. John! You've turned a motley group of strangers into clever, witty, visitors and commenters. Wonderful, all of it!

* * *

So sorry about the leg cramps, but so happy about the house closing! Here's hoping you have a restful night!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

better eat more bananas Doc..those leg cramps are painful. I find the best way to eat them is to slice one up on my cereal. Glad you all are getting the housing business taken care of. I think it can be such a strain till its all settled. It will be so nice when you finally get moved.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I enjoyed visiting all the blogs and leaving the quick comment Dr John sent me. I had the day off and was able the to.

The last few times there was a marathon I was working of just got off work and too brain dead to play.

I look forward to visiting more blogs on the next session of marathon.

Blessings to you and Betty

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think your blog marathons are wonderful...! I have met so many really interesting people through the marathons visiting my blog. I must say thank you. Will you be having more in the future?

Take care of yourself. Sorry to hear about the leg cramps. They can be very uncomfortable. Do you take calcium as well as potassium?

Cheers,
Josie

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home