Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Partners in carrying the good news.







Saying for the day: One picture is worth a thousand words.

There are five pictures. They start with me in the downstairs pulpit. Then coffee between the services.Then me getting ready to preach. Then the main pulpit and finally my family with my son Patrick and his boys missing.
The church gave them to me yesterday and I thought I would post them. I have saved the worst pictures of me for another time.
Click on a picture to see a large picture.
@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons sometimes fly– As expected and hoped for the dragon made an appearance last night . A group of men were just leaving the Hunter’s Super at the Masonic building when it came down the main street circled and flew back and out into the woods. Mrs. Trumble was helping serve at the Mason’s super. She came running out but of course she had no gun. She said if it wasn’t for Tommy and his meddling she would have brought it and she would have gotten herself a dragon. Remember she hit it the last time she shot at it and it even bled a little.
The White Rabbit , on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen. One would suspect he will stay gone until after deer season. With all these hunters running a round he would be dumb to be seen and he doesn’t seem to be dumb.
Bob Petry says he found a blog that celebrates old time radio by some guy witha weird name like brodcastelian.From there went to a blog that sells CD's with old time radio shows. He bought four CD's with the “Adventures of the Shadow” on them. He used to listen to it as a kid and now when he is going someplace he can put the CD in his player in the car and pretend he is young again. Sometimes just a little bit of nostalgia goes a long way.
There is real pressure on Tommy to postpone the Thursday night council meeting. It seems that some of the fathers that want to be there also want to be deer hunting and take their sons with them. That would leave Tommy with the three girls.
******

Today's link:Write Life Crisis- This blog is recomended by Cissa of Hearts of Fire. Let's give her friend a real welcome to the world of blogging.When you get there click on the black box to see the honeymoon picture. Remember to leave the word Dr. John in the comment to get those not yet wed JCPOINTS. Check your total HERE.
Since I am going to Neenah to close on the house and am not sure of computer connections there I may be missing for the rest of the week. Do not panic. I have not stepped on my oxygen hose. I have not wandered away in my senility with poor Betty looking for me. I am not down at the tavern having a few. I am wandering around Neenah trying to find some place to get my laptop on the internet. If I blog tomorrow ignore all of the above.
One last note to show you jow weird bloggers can become. This morning when Betty and I should have been packing and checking things for this trip we were both sitting at computers doing the last of blogger things.
My daughter has not disconected yet so I can close up for the day. We got to Green Bay at 3:00 in the afternoon and visited with my son and his wife not to mention the grandchildren. Then at 5:45 we left for my daughter's. We got there at 6:30 just as she got home from work.We ate out. Her house is full of boxes getting ready for the big move Thursday. I hope I can find a place to set up my medical stuff for the night. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

You look very at home in the pulpit! Will be keeping you in my prayers this week with all you have going!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Dr. John you are such the handsome man. and you look so good preaching. and the family is so beautiful. all look so happy and full of peace. i'm so happy they gave you this pictures and you so nicely shared them with us. i can't wait to see more..
**********
i hoped the dragon made an apperance. i'm glad he did. sorry to chuckle a bit that Mrs. Trouble didn't have her gun with her. the rabbit is a smart pants and it will keep him alive and that's what we want. old radio shows are awesome. i listened to them (until i met Joe) from 11-1 pm every night on QR-77..i miss them so terribly actually..there were different ones every half-hour. it is so easy to get hooked on them i tell you. good luck to Tommy, his responsibility are great.
*********************
Good luck to you and Betty for all that is ahead in the next bit here. Thank you for thinking of us and letting us know not to worry in case you don't get to a computer..i know i be one of those that would have freaked..so thanks for the heads up. Pls pass on the congratulations to Pennie, i am glad that she was able to sell her home. And to you guys to for i'm sure it helps. Be careful and take care, you both are precious to us. I loved the pics. I will treasure them and come to visit with them. Thank you for sharing them with us. Read you soon and God Bless..will miss you.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What wonderful photos Dr. John. Thank you for sharing them. The church is beautiful I love the details in the woodwork and archway. You take care and I'll be thinking about you and Betty while you are both out and about. Keeping you in my prayers.

6:45 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

What wonderful pictures!

Have a safe rest of the week.. and we hope to hear from you!!!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alleluia Pastor John...alleluia!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

May God continue to guide and bless you and your's for today and every day that comes!

Betty is a lucky woman to have such a handsome husband! And you are truely blessed to have such a Godly wife!

*****

I am so glad that Mrs. Trumble didn't have her gun, although a tad bit surprised. I would have thought she'd have had it with her seeing that it's dear season. But alas am glad she did not.

Was happy to learn that the dragon is still taking oppertunities to let folks know she/he's still alive and well. Dragons are so few these days, it is always nice to see one out and about.

Now on to the White Rabbit. I think that Mrs. Trumble has decided not to knit that sweater afterall. But I do believe that the White Rabbit, while being smart enough NOT to tempt all those dear hunters, is also such a tease! I think he's keeping himself busy by knitting a sweater with anti-shotgun emblem on it...a shotgun within a circle around it and a line marked diagonally threw the shotgun.

I just know, almost certainly, someone somewhere in Pidgeon Falls is knitting and that we'll hear about it soon!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the church gave you pictures to remember the day by. You looked right at home in the pulpit. And isn't amazing how all church basements look exactly the same?
If you can't find a connection, don't worry about us. We'll miss you, we might even be directionless without being pointed to the link of the day, but we will live. Get your closing taken care of and enjoy the time.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Thanks for the pictures....beautiful family!! What a hunk you are...vaaavaaaavoom!! Safe jouney to you & Betty. Looking forward to your return to bloggerland.

Blessed be...

PS...glad the dragon is alive & well. They are such beautiful, mystical creatures. The White Rabbit is wise to lay low through hunting season.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

What great pictures! You look so good at the Pulpit!! The whole family looks so happy! What a wonderful day for all of you! Thank you for sharing the pictures!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Blogging rules!

What a nice looking family you have!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful church and a beautiful family. You looked in total control behind that pulpit whether you felt that way or not. We bloggers are a strange bunch, aren't we? My all time dream is to have everyone one my blogroll at dinner party. I think we'd either talk ourselves hoarse or be struck suddenly silent lacking our keyboards.

11:38 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol!
not stepped on the oxigen hose, or
down the tavern having a few
but in Neenah looking for a way of getting thru to you ...

now Dr John
They must be the lyrics to a song!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John -- because of blogging I was almost late to work for the first time in 20 years. Can you say, "addiction?"

5:16 PM  
Blogger Cherlee's said...

I must say wonderful pic Dr. John. You have such beautiful people in your family. Isn't nice to have your family by yourside? Thanks for sharing your life with us!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Ok I am finnaly going to add you to my main blog links list. Takes a while to update so stop asking me!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

It is nice that you have a record of the event.

The white rabbit needs a blaze orange sweater.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

These are wonderful pictures, you have a beautiful family. We will look forward to your return, but I will say a prayer you will find a internet connexion for tomorrow.

Blessings to you and Betty

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Nice cool lookin Pic's doc He!He!He!liked it Thanks for sharing

7:58 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

The pictures are wonderful....! Thank you for sharing them with us. The church reminds me of the church I grew up in. (I used to sing in the choir when I was a little girl, with my robes and velvet bow...)

Cheers,
Josie

9:22 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Good luck in your new home

hope the move isn't to stressful i know it can be a nightmare

wonderful photos of yourself snd your family!

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home