Sunday, November 26, 2006

My grandkids

Saying for the day: Family is the real treasure of life.
I was so proud of my grandsons yesterday.

First we were on the internet at EBAY trying to get a gift for the youngest of the three.

I told the other two that fifty dollars was my limit per kid.

It looked like the gift would end up around $80 so we would have to give up.

Both boys then offered to give me money.

Alex offered twenty which is all he had and Elijah offered ten which is all he had.Most of the time they have no money but they won that money playing cards with grampa.

They showed a real concern for their brother’s Christmas.

I am not sure at that age I would have done that for my sister.

We were very lucky, however, because we got what we wanted for under $50.

But they would have given if they had too.

Then when we went to the Mall and poor old grandpa couldn’t go any further they took turns pushing me on my walker which has a seat and wheels.

Do I have great grandsons or what?

@@@@

News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains till run and a lonely rabbit does the best he can.– Yesterday the White Rabbit appeared all over Pigeon Falls with his “ The world is not ending” sign. He seemed to have sensed the mood and was trying all by himself to change it. Mrs. Trumble hasn’t commented on the change yet. She has been very quiet.

Eino and Nancy are still trying hard to lift people’s spirits but they are not doing very well. One lady even stopped into Nancy’s for coffee and broke down crying. She doesn’t want Pigeon Falls to end. It is amazing how hysteria can take over a town and all of it based on that stupid old Russian prophecy.

Still life goes on. Our potato farmers are now bagging the crop they harvested and shipping them out to grocery stores. Our hunters are coming home from the woods, one by one. Some with deer and some without. The ladies who went shopping in the city are back. The men who work in the mine and the mill continue to go to work.But over it all hangs the black cloud.

********

Today's link:The Poodle and Dog Blog-Remember to put Dr. john in the comment to get those cute JCPOINTS.

We are back in Crystal Falls ( no lon ger home) for a week. I will try to catch up on my blogging while we are here. So much has been going on that I haven't gotten to read many blogs for the last week. Now we have to pack everything we have to have in Neenah as we won't be back again until April. Esther is watching over the house for us though the only stuff left to steal is the big furniture and it is old. Our good stuff is in Peter's garage.

Well I need a breathing treatment.

GBYA

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have MAGNIFICENT grandsons! They have mastered the most valuable human characteristics - generosity and empathy. This fine young men weren't born this way, you and their parents have done a bang up job!

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love it when kids do something unexpected like that. It lets you know that deep down, they've been raised right and are taking the lessons to heart and that the future's going to be okay.

I hope the good folks of Pigeon Falls believe the rabbit and cheer up soon.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Biblically the phrase "World without End" is said quite a few times so I'm with the White Rabbit on this one.

Your grandsons are wonderful! I remember pushing my PopPop around quite a few times while my GreatGrandmother, Grandmom and Mom were off doing their mall shopping.

We had a ball!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I agree....I am not sure I would have given up my money to help get my brother a gift at that age. I am proud of my nephews!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Yes you have great grandsons!!! How sweet of them to be willing to put the money in!!! Im sure they have a good time with you no matter what you are doing. And thats wonderful!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

You truly do have wonderful Grandsons. I am sure it is due to having Generous Grandparents and Parents to learn by watching. I don't know if I'd be that generous with my Sister at that age.

Things sound like they are going to be ok in Pigeon Falls. The White Rabbit seems to know all will be ok.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some good kids

12:14 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John -- there is no greater present than time spent with loved ones; but obviously you know that already.

12:39 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

tsk tsk playing poker
with the grandkids - lol!

I like the way they don't usually have money, but ... they'd just won some from grampa

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you could rent the grandsons out for my Christmas shopping, ha,ha..

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

You do indeed have great grandsons.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

what wonderful boys Pat has. it warms my heart to know that your whole family has inherited yours and Betty's values and morals. congratulations on the family you have.
********
how nice of the rabbit to try to cheer up people's spirit. i'm feeling hopeful already that he is right somehow.
i hope the farmers and the hunters and the ladies shopping had a very fruitful day.
*************
you are going so much back and forth, from Crystals Falls to Neenah that i hope you and Betty are not over exhausting yourselves and overwhelmed. i hope this all settles well soon and that you have all that you need with you. our weather is crazy here. we are in a major freeze. calgary right now is at -38 Celcius, we have had 3 deaths. it is too much and i'm not sending my kids to school tomorrow. hope your weather is more normal and you are both toasty warm and safe. read you tomorrow God willing.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

How precious! What wonderful Grandsons you have- but I wouldn't expect anything less :0)

PS: You had left a message on my blog, telling me I had won and to pick a prize- In the Spirit of Christmas, and giving, if it would be ok- I'd like for you to pick a prize for me, and donate it to a needy person/family in your area. I'm so blessed with so much, I'd like to know that maybe I made a difference in that way *hugs*

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making my Poodles and dogs "Link of the day." What a great idea to introduce blogs that might not be familiar to people and promote a sense of community.

We used to be on the same "top weblogs" list. Glad I've found you again. I love your humor and your wisdom. And I love that we are both not callow youths. :>)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home