Monday, November 27, 2006

Under the comment tree



Saying for the Day: Yes Virginia there is a comment Santa Claus.
It is Monday or as it has come to be called “Leave a Comment Monday”.
It is the day to visit blogs and leave nice comments.
Sort of like Christmas coming every Monday and you are Santa Claus .
Then I will come and look under my comment tree and see what all of you nice Santas have left.

Last week there were many great comments but I was too busy to pick the best one’s. As usual they were all kind and insightful.

I might answer a few questions from the comments.
Happy and Blue2 was interested in my run in with the soldier and the machinegun
I was entering Nicaragua and I was wearing my clerical collar. The soldier at the gate pointed his machine gun at me and began to shout in Spanish. I had no idea what he was saying. So I tried to indicate I was harmless. I opened my hands to show I had nothing in them. Then the interpreter showed up. It seems he thought I was a Catholic Priest and this soldier hated Catholic Priests. As a Lutheran I was okay so he stopped waving the gun around and my heart restarted.

Stacy wondered about my encounter with the state police.
I had gone to an anti war meeting during the Viet Nam War.
The next day the State Police came and asked me to tell them who was at the meeting.
I told them, honestly, I didn’t know the people but that if I did I wouldn’t tell them because this is a free country and we don’t have to report to the police on who goes to meetings.
He said “ You ministers are so naïve.
All those people were communists.”
Then he named who was at the meeting.
I learned later he visited other people asking about me and suggesting I was a communist.
The weird thing is I was a hawk on the war and left the meeting in disgust.

Today we will draw for the Monday PIC a Prize. Last Friday’s winner hasn’t picked her’s yet. I will also bring the JCPOINTS up to date which I couldn’t do while we were gone because I left the program in Crystal Falls.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where trains still run and gloom and doom are the order of the day– Dr. Fortress stopped in to talk to Eino and told him he is trying to find some way to save the railroad but it doesn’t look good. He can’t afford to put any more money into it and he can’t find a buyer for it. He has one or two other possible solutions so Eino shouldn’t give up hope yet.
Of course the hermit statue remains in Eino’s basement ( in the basement of his business) with no solution to that mystery in sight. The town could die and we would never know what all that was about.
Nor have we solved the mystery of the White Rabbit and the dragon who may or may not be connected. Are they demons like Mrs. Trumble says? Or is there some rational explanation for dragons and rabbits with signs? Will we ever know?
Eino went back and read the original Driblet and says that “In the middle of the last time of the time “ doesn’t have to be December 15 it could be almost any month and any time. Petrovich has assigned it that value. And if it is December 15 other things happened on that date that could fit. For example The French defeated the Germans at the battle of Verdun on December 15, 1916. The city of birds could be the city the planes flew out of. The dragons could be the planes. Beside Pigeon Falls has only one dragon and not dragons. It is all in how you read the driblet. It can say anything you want it to say.
Petrovitch says that’s nonsense. There is only one right interpretation that fits the driblet and he thinks his is it. More and more people are believing him instead of Eino.
The White Rabbit also continues his lonely crusade for sanity with no visible results.
Tonight Tommy and the council meet . Perhaps they have something to offer Pigeon Falls. Lets hope so.
******

Today's Link: Sue Beyer:: Artist--(artists -this one's for you) Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those artistic JCPOINTS Check your points HERE. Betty will draw for the Pic A Prize when she gets up. The JCPOINT totals are now up to date.

Betty has drawn.

And the


winner is


Quilldancer



Congratulations Quilldancer. Please goto the Pic a Prize list and pic a prize. Then leave the number in a comment.
Today we mailed out last Monday's prize. We are a little slow but I left the prizes in Crystal when I went to Neenah.
We had a good day. The study is almost stripped. We will finish it tomorrow. So many decisions on what to keep and what to throw and what has to come with us now. We won't be back until April so we have to decide well.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Ah glad to hear all is going fairly well.

Right now for me it's "blue monday" so I better go before I start crying again.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priest-hating Nicaraguan soldiers and communists....you certainly have lived the exciting life! Thank goodness you survived it all to tell us the tales.

The news from Pigeon Falls is so sad.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there is a clue to the driblet's meaning here.
http://www.datesinhistory.com/cgi-bin/bigphp.phtml?v1=dec15

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering my question. It still sounds scary..

Hope you have a great Monday..

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're Lutheran! What a loss had you been killed in that altercation.

6:42 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Ahhhh, another Monday! Goodmorning dr.John. Hope all is well, and thanksgiving is over, and we are headed towards Christmas.

Luv your stories, they are always interesting. Glad U weren't a Catholic Priest on that day.

My penguin sno-globe never show'd up! :"( wahhhhh. I hope it wasn't lost in the mail somewhere. I hate when that happens.

; )

6:58 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Just read your last post. Yes, your grandsons really are great kids. Good for them.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

What happens if I leave a comment under the tree and you want to return it? What if it is not the right size?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

I like Lori's comment (see above me) best for today! She should win for Comment Monday!

What an interesting life, Dr. John. Glad you are here with us now :-) Also, just read on the fly the other day - but your grandsons - aces! They already know the "important" stuff of life.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

hope you and Betty are settleing well in your new home.

Have a happy Monday Dr John!

11:19 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Just stopped by to leave a NICE COMMENT... so... let me say, "NICE BLOG YOU HAVE HERE!" ~ jb///

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. John, thanks for making my blog site of the day :-)
Sue

1:54 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I like the idea of a comment tree. it is a beautiful tree build with lots of love and fun. i loved Lori's comment. as always she is funny and clever all in one :) ..

as a Nicaraguan i apologize for that soldier, gun waving and threat. i'm glad you were not a Catholic priest but know how often religious man of any calling were hurt during those horrible days. i'm glad you are safe and that i have met someone who went to my country to do some good. thank you for risking your life for the sake of others, my people.
***************
Eino has much on his plate. the mystery he works so hard to resolve and now trying to lift the spirit of the town folk. i do hope that we never loose faith and hope that things will always work out. good luck to Tommy and the council.
*********************
i hope you have a good day. hugs to you and Betty. take care.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Gosh, the last time I encountered state police they told me I was going 55 in a 40. I'm sure I muttered something to the tune of "Commie" after he handed me that speeding ticket.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Ho Ho Ho......Ive come to leave something under your tree.....what you may ask?...good wishes for Dr John and his beloved wife Betty! God bless you two.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Stopping by to hang my Decoration on your Comment Tree. Wishing you and Betty a wonderful day. Hopefuly your temperatures aren't as cold as ours. As I write this it is in the Celsius Scale of -24° with a windchill of -38°, translated into the Fahrenheit of -11° with a windchill of -36°. Stay warm, as we are forecast to have near freezing temperatures on Thursday. Can hardly wait.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

If you get a chance, Dr. John, stop by my blog. I'd like you to see how much one of your prizes is being enjoyed.

5:39 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

tory burch sale
jordan retro 12
uggs on sale
fitflop clearance
uggs outlet
warriors jerseys
moncler pas cher
heat jerseys
ray ban wayfarer
louis vuitton outlet stores
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home