Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Packing

Saying for the Day:No matter how careful you are you always forget something you really need.

It’s the middle of the week.
Betty and I are trying to get everything ready before we leave on Saturday.
We need to:
1. Have packed up every room ready for the movers.
2. Decided what boxes must come with us now. ( We won’t be back until April)
3. Leave the house in the condition that the real estate agents can show it.

WE have no television as the cable had been turned off.
I miss my soaps.
I thought I would have lots of time to blog but we are so busy packing that there hasn’t been much time for that either.
I’m lucky I don’t have the shakes from so much withdrawal.

We came up Sunday and left my breathing mask in Neenah.
“No problem” I said : We will use the old ones.
That’s when Betty told me the old one’s were packed in a box in Peter’s garage .
She finally found a very old one and somehow she made it work.
It just about wrecked my nose.
Today the good mask came UPS , sent by my daughter. I sleep better tonight.
We had been saving pennies ( I have no idea why?) and we have so many we can’t carry them. Tomorrow Betty will haul them , in batches, to the bank and turn them in for money you can carry.
Betty is sure that one of the pennies will turn out to be worth a lot of money but I doubt it.
We will never know.
I have to get back to packing.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run, at least unto December 14 th, and Mrs. Trumble is the Mayor– Mrs. Trumble has called a special council meeting for Thursday night. She want all the members to consider the present crisis . Each one is supposed to bring ideas of what actions to take if the trains stops, the mine closes, and the lumber mill quits. Is there a way to save the town. How will they survive the loss of the tax base these things represent. She gave each council person a sheet of questions and asked them to come with the best possible answers. If the town survives it may very well be because of Mrs. Trumble.
The White Rabbit hasn’t been seen since Mrs. Trumble became Mayor. Perhaps, he is afraid.
Nancy is now asking her customers some of the questions from Mrs. Trumble’s sheet . She thinks if people are busy working on the problem they will have less time to worry about it. In fact the mood does seem a bit more upbeat.
Tommy got sent to the principles office today for something or other. He is back to being just plain Tommy who dreams up ways to get into trouble.
*****

Today's Link:The Adventures of TMLSB-Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those sexy JCPOINTS. Check your points HERE. Keep in mind your JCPOINTS could win you a fabulous PIC A PRIZE. ( Prizes gathered from the very ends of the earth)
Another productive day. We finished the study, cleared the books from one living room shelf, and brought more stuff down from the attic. we also took a pail of pennies to the Credit Union and deposited $199.47. That's a lot of pennies. Had lunch at Fobs. Coming out we met my old secretary Karen Groop. Late in the afternoon Esther stopped in to visit and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. I am going to miss those people. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I went through our pennies jar once. I did find some older ones. But I dont know if they were more valuable than one cent -- maybe they were worth 2 cents. Well that's my 2 cents on the subject.

4:12 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

There is nothing worse than trying to live your life in the midst of the upheaval of a move. It is crazy-making to a new level. Prayers for you both as end one chapter and make your way to the next!

4:53 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

glad you were able to get a mask. Moving is such a challenge to one's patience.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I have a five gallon bucket full of change. I am probably rich, but I will never know since I can't lift it .....

5:29 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I keep trying to save change, but by the end of the month I've spent it!

Sorry to hear you've had breathing troubles but glad that you've gotten the good mask and can sleep better tonight. When I visit my parents I can always tell when dad isn't wearing his breathing mask, he's snoring. You be sure to take of yourself.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

It makes me wonder how you ever slept before you had your mask...same thing for Pete. He missed it one day and he felt horrible the next day.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pennies probably aren't worth more than face value. I asked a dealer about both wheat pennies and the ones made of something other than copper from WWII and he said 100 of them would be worth $1. Maybe Indian Head pennies. Did you save any of them?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Just wanted to let you know that my bell, monday prize, came in today's mail. It now sits atop computer monitor next to my little snow globe.

Thank you verry much Dr. John!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I am glad you got your mask! Its hard to remember everything when going back and forth. It will be so nice when you get settled..with your soaps, internet, masks, dog, furniture, and moving in general. Hang in there!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it is so hard to back and forth so much and not forget some pretty important stuff. as long as you don't forget Betty, than you are one step ahead, ;)

i'm glad that Pennie was able to UPS the masks. breathing is most important. the old ones pinch the nose pretty badly. your poor nose.

i'm relieved that you were able to find an old, old one to get you through and that you are back to sleeping better again.

sorry about the shakes. what you guys are up to has been very hard work. you and Betty deserve a vacation. say to Calgary? ;p
*************
Mrs. Trumble (notice no longer Mrs. Trouble lol) seems to have taken control of the situation. i hope there are many bright ideas that come up in the meeting.
funny to see Tommy getting into trouble again. i'm sure he is happy to be back to being a kid again full time.
i hope that hope is something the town doesn't loose.
***************
Dr. John we have had a major warming up, thank God. the kids and i can get out of the house again without any major weather warning..it is so beautiful to be cold but not freezing..we are happily at -14 plus windchill..much better than the -41 whoo-hooo of the last many days..
unfortunately 1 more person died, was found by the postman steps from his door with the keys next to him. how heart breaking is that. :(
i wish you a good, restful sleep. much love to you all.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving sounds so difficult. Maybe I will just stay where I am..

5:06 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's a LOT of pennies. How many trips to the car did Betty have to make at the bank?

You're soaps won't get too far without you I promise. I watched Guiding Light from the day I was born and I can still turn it on after weeks of not watching and know who is who and what is going on.

6:08 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

WoW! That's alot of pennies!
My kids would have gone nuts!
Best of luck 2 U and Betty on the move! Augh! Alot of work!

:"( sounds like Pigeon Falls is going belly-up!
:o

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, more than a hundred dollars worth of pennies, that's a bunch! I hate moving, I'm sending good vibes your way that nothing else you need will be lost.

8:05 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Dr John, almost $200 in pennies
that sure is a lot of weight.

"Betty is sure that one of the pennies will turn out to be worth a lot of money but I doubt it.
We will never know."

Easy come, easy go - lol!

9:51 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

PS -
If I haven't answered bettygrams
It is not because I have not tried
But my browcer seems to have some problems with some people I visit.
If the connection is slow, or the link 'hangs' or freezes, and I lose my rythm ...
I'll try again
But if it happens each time, blogger can be cumbersome and 'frustrating' enough some days, without giving it more excuses to eat up surf time. Hence I just avoid places where my browser has conflicts ...
so I hope my comments here count for you both!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home