Monday, February 27, 2006

So comment already !


Saying for the Day: You can lead a person to a blog but you can't make them comment, or read it for that matter!

---I read on a blog yesterday that today , Monday, is “Everybody has to comment Monday”. I really did read that on a blog.

This is a holiday like Valentine’s Day or Easter. No, forget Easter that’s a religious day. Its more like President's Day except it isn’t yet a National Holiday. I know that because they haven’t closed the Post Office. They always close the Post Office on an official National Holiday.

Congress doesn’t know yet how many people blog or they would declare the fourth Monday of February to be “ You have to Comment Monday”. They would do this because they know that it would make people like me happy.

You know the people who get almost no comments.

I get comments on this blog the way I got valentines when I was a kid and I wasn‘t happy then either.. This year I didn’t get any valentines .Not even a little one from my grandkids but that’s a different problem.

Anyway the fellow who’s blog I was reading thought every Monday should be you have to comment Monday.

You might think that’s a bit much.

I know a blog where they’ve had the same picture of trees for the last two weeks. You blog in there and there are are the trees. How many comments can you leave on a tree?

Hey, your tree is looking just as good this week as it did last. Or I think your tree has dropped a leaf or two since last week.

Of course the guy with the blog has an answer for that. He thinks we could just say “ Hi. It’s Monday “ . He really, really wants comments.

I was told that if you didn’t say something about the content they would treat it as spam. You know where somebody visits your blog just to get them to visit theirs.

I , of course would never do that. But then when I stop in and give you one of my precious content oriented comments I deserve a comment back.

In any case today is on somebody’s calendar “You have to comment Monday” so comment already .

As King of this fortress I have put forth the following royal proclamation.

Henceforth and until the moon dropeth into the sea this day shall be
"Leave A Comment Monday".
All loyal and disloyal subjects will comply under threat of royal banishment to the nether regions of blogdom.

Even comments like I got from the nice lady that said “ You are an arrogant, intolerant S.O.B.” are welcome.

I did have to delete that one though not because it upset me but because it had nothing to do with my blue underwear which was the topic of the day.

@@@
6200 spins without a prize. Hapless loser found himself in a mystical time warp this morning. He finished his wheel spinning at Iwon.com and left the site. Then he got the good news that he was again the one millionth visitor that day. He is good at that. He has done that before. that's not the time warp part. He closed out that message and then got one that said he was the 400,000 visitor of the week. Wow. It boggles the mind. Time and space were twisted he was the millionth visitor that day and the 400,000 th that week. In the real unbent world that wouldn't be possible. He knows Iwon.com which is run by CBS would not lie to him so both things must be true. The only way they could be is if somehow due to the electronic magic of his computer time got warped. There is no other explanation .
Do you want to know more my dear Uncle Wiggly lovers . If the time warp doesn't continue causing poor hapless loser to leave the house and find himself in Washington's army he'll be back tomorrow on " AS the World Spins"
***

The day is young and I have already left twenty first class comments. I have been to three blogs that required I get a special login identity, which I didn't. They got no comments. I also clicked the blog comment space on one blog and was thrown out of blog explosion. Just your average Monday morning. Oh I left a comment on one blog that hadn't blogged since last Monday so my comment was under my comment. How neat is that ?
Betty and I had some of my pepper bread for lunch. It was great. I will bring it to the lenten soup meal.
I updated the church website for March and added a new top ten list. Betty has built two houses and a factory and we are planning where they will go on the layout.
My computer hating sister called. She had been reading the paper copies of this blog I sent her. She was having a hard time telling when I was serious and when I wasn't (never and always). I think she believed I was going to keep my blue underware on all winter. Some poor salesman called and I had a lot of fun before he gave up in disgust. I win if they hang up.
The rest of the day was pretty dull (except for Betty's attempt to keep the roof on the barn) so I will spare you the details besides I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Leave a comment Monday"????

So why is your blog dated as Sunday????

Do not change the picture of the fort. It's going to be one of my travel destinations.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Glytch said...

ah I see you were hit by the monday commenter too and already you are infected with the monday blog virus, failing to comment every monday will result in a serious hard drive crash on all internet servers!! (I'm only here so my server stays alive!).

:-)

thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog

6:21 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

I always return comments - I think it is polite to do so - but I never blog to get them - and that is when they start to roll in.

Unfortunately I am from Denmark so comparing it with presidents day or valentines wouldn't work international since we don't have a president nor celebrate valentines day.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very funny!

Sometimes I delete a generic comment--if it looks like a product placement blog--but send an email--the guilt thing

I do hope that in a few years the fourth Monday of a month will become "You have to comment Monday." However....

I could talk about comments as much as I can talk about blogging which is too much!

8:29 AM  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

I have tried this "comment on every blog" thing before but found it difficult. I will respond to almost every comment left on my blog (like the nice one you left) in kind except for, obviously, spam comments (which I don't get anymore thanks to that torture called word verificaiton). Momma always said if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all and on a lot of blogs, well, I either have nothing to say or at least nothing nice to say and I am not a flamer nor a non content type commenter (unless it's a response). Maybe that's because, even though I have a desire for lots of comments on my blog, I don't want trype comment so I don't give such. It could be, though, that I am socialy disfunctional. If I read a blog post about somebody painting their toes or talking about some crap show they live for, I'm sorry I have nothing to say and I'm waiting for the counter to hit zero so I can click on to hopefully more interesting things.

8:52 AM  
Blogger plinna said...

I asked Luke for help in commenting on yor blog. 'What do you want me to tell Grandpa Linna?" I asked and he said, "Tell him I made a dragon in school and also got a fortune cookie." So, there you go.....Lori

10:17 AM  
Blogger jo_jo said...

Hey, thanks for commenting at my blog, happy to reciprocate. Although I don't have anything intelligent to say. I do wonder - why do you want the comments? I mean, whatever blows your hair back, but is there a bigger agenda?

10:18 AM  
Blogger plinna said...

Monday may not be a good day to leave comments people are just comming off the weekend and may be grumpy.
Maybe try Friday you might get more pleasant comments.

I don't think we should get the Congress in on this because the dems will try to tax it or force an employer to pay a person to make the comment at work.

FYI I voted for the President on your poll.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I might point out that trees were the original blogs.

I'm new here but your sense of humor reminds me of one of my favoritest bloggers in the whole wide world. As a suggestion, not as spam, I recommend TLP's site.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a pretty specialized blog so most of my traffic comes from non-bloggers--dog owners, search engines and dog forums, people looking for serious information (occasionally I do have serious information).

They don’t get what it means to leave a comment. I occasionally I get emails and comments like ”I paid $1500 for my hybrid Poodle mix. How dare you call it a mongrel.” Sometimes followed a reference to a female dog.

I just got into commenting when I followed Soto to the top 100 sites and it is kind of fun. Non dog owners are often at a loss as to what to say when they visit, but I do appreciate their visits and their comments.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! I am guilty of not reciprocating since you commented on my blog. I meant to ask if you were all upset cause I was the one who corrected "pole vs poll". I did vote in the poll tho!

I feel much the same as ozmandiaz does, plus I've been unwittingly drawn into flame wars too. Women with no lives but the internet can be soooo nasty, so I retreated quite a bit.

I do love your humor, so I'll comment if you'll comment and promise not to start a flame war on me, K?

And what the hell is the spin thingy all about? I can't ever seem to get all the way thru it, and tend to skip it.

Uh oh... did I just say the wrong thing?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

thank you for stopping by.
Yes it is leave a comment monday so here is mine.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Somebody wants to know what the spin thing is. At the top of the blog there is a blog help that explains it. But here is what it says.Now the next part always begins with @@@ This warns you that the good stuff is over . That’s in case you didn’t know that that was the good stuff. After the @@@ comes the adventures of the hapless loser. The story of a dumb guy who goes every day to IWON.com and takes fifty spins but never, never wins. It totals up his losing spins until that day. It lets him grumble. It serves as a warning to anybody who thinks they stand a chance at Iwon. It always ends with *** This is so you can skip from the @@@ to the *** and not have to read this stupidity.

1:56 PM  
Blogger David Kim said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my site: www.davidmkim.blogspot.com.

If you are using Firefox users, then yes, the pictures do flicker on and off on the right side. It has something to do with the firefox browser not being completely compatible with my flickr.com picture box.

Just let all the pictures load on the flickr.com picture box, and the flickering should disappear after a short while.

And yes, the Angeles National Forest is a great place to go mountain biking.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I, too, have to beg people for comments on my blog. http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/ (shameless plug)

Leave a comment Monday is a great idea, though I didn't find your blog until Wednesday. Do I still get to stay in the kingdom? Plllllleeeeeeaaaase?

11:48 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

canada goose coats
ray bans uk
canada goose sale
mont blanc pens outlet
ugg outlet store
adidas shoes
ugg slippers
spurs jerseys
christian louboutin heels
coach factory outlet
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home