Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Curses on Blog Explosion

Saying for the day: A judge in any contest must have three attributes. He must be fair. He must have a knowledge of the material. H e must be able to out run all of the contestants.
--Yesterday, I discovered Battle of The Blogs, at blog explosion . This is where two blogs are pitted against each other to see which one has the better blog.
I tried two battles and got knocked to the canvas both times. My poor blog is still showing bruises from the beating it took.

So I decided that my real role in life was as a voter not a combatant. I mean how hard can it be to read two blogs and vote. Piece of cake , right?

Wrong.

I have this tremendous need to be fair. I want the best blog to win. That is the way it should be.
I pick my first battle and begin. It is a fight between a blog that has a lot of pictures of trees, a few buildings and a telephone pole against a blog on football . The football blog turns out to be a blog on soccer not American football.
Well I know nothing about what makes a picture good,
I know nothing about soccer.
That makes the playing field fairly equal. They would be overjoyed to know they have a judge who knows nothing.

Now I have to decide between trees and soccer.
They were nice trees. One picture even had snow.
Soccer was interesting.

How do you decide. What is the criteria between a tree and a soccer blog?
Tree or soccer. Tree or soccer.

One needs the wisdom of Solomon (That’s an Old Testament King ) .Though I would suspect even he would have had trouble with this.
I by the way have never been accused of having the wisdom of Solomon.
In fact because of my drunken canary blog I have been accused of having no wisdom at all.

Tree or soccer. I want to be fair.
I start to sweat and its 4 below zero outside and not much warmer in here.

Trees or soccer. Trees or soccer.
I ask my wife Betty to give me some guidance. She is smarter than I am, as all of you know.
Her kind and gentle response was that I got myself into this get myself out.

Trees or soccer. Help I can’t breath. She runs in with the oxygen but still won’t help.
I have to decide. A thousand curses on blog explosion for having put me into this predicament .
I could quit but I’m getting two and one third credits for this vote and I need them to help cover my losses .

Finally I toss a coin. That’s fair.

I vote. I can’t tell you who I voted for . It wouldn’t be fair to me. Some day I just might forget and throw my blog back into the battle and I will need their vote. But I can tell you I checked and the trees beat soccer.

But for now I am out of the battle business. I promise myself no more voting.

Hey I just found a battle that will give me three credits for voting. I need the credits. Wish me luck.
I want to be fair.

@@@
5900 spins without a win. Yesterday Hapless loser got to enter 7 different sets of 7 numbers for a chance at a million dollars on free lotto. The best he did was 2 right out of seven. He does not pick numbers well. He does not spin well. Yesterday he entered into a battle of blogs and lost 15 credits. Let's face it he is a hapless loser. He has proved it over and over. So why does he keep on trying? Why does he keep on spinning ? Why doesn't he just find a new hobby? Because he believes that when his luck starts to turn he will win like crazy. Any day now everything will shift in his favor.
So Uncle Wiggly fans If the Queen of Incense doesn't decide to take on hapless loser in a blog battle and cause him to be even more depressed we will be back tomorrow with " As the World Spins".
***

All those who voted on the last poll thought this blog was wonderful. Thank you for that vote of confidence. It allows us to go on despite our losses in the battle of the blogs.
Today we begin following my daughter-in-laws advice. she said that before I post what could be a controversial blog I should post a poll and see what people think. Well I am working on a blog about deer. I assure you it is not the drunken canary blog redone. But before I post it I need to know what people think about deer. So I have set up an unbiased pole for you. In the tradition of CNN.
I am getting out of the fortress today. We are dropping the drawbridge and going to Iron Mountain. Betty has to go to the doctor.
Well Betty does not have a torn rotator cup which means no surgery. What she does have is a very bad case of bursitis. The doctor gave her a cortisone shot.
On the way back from Iron Mountain the angel on the visor popped loose and hit me in the leg. When I tried to put it back it popped loose and hit me in the head. I have a new rule. It is never, never fool with angels. At least not in the car.
Since I was awake because of the angel I paid attention to what we were driving by. There is this little grocery store in Kingsford that always had good meat prices on great big signs in the window. Now the great big signs say closed for the season. And I never knew there was a grocery store closing season. What one will discover if one stays awake.
Well everything else is so dull I won't bother to write it down. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger plinna said...

I actually laughed out loud when I read the poll on the deer...had a hard time choosing but I did choos. -Lori

8:35 AM  
Blogger Matthew May said...

Battle of Blogs, I never tried it maybe I should, if I get bored one day lol

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say thank you v much for leaving a comment on the Valentine's post - each and every one much appreciated, unlike the day itself!

x

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! How rare to see a fair person voting in botb - I'm voting for you right now just on the basis of this post :D Best of luck my friend!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To bad I don't belong to blog explosion because I would vote for you. Good luck in future battles.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Hello Dad,

Good to see that you have found a new community of individuals to influence. You are a very smart man and your knowledge should be shared with others.

Pennie

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home