Sunday, February 12, 2006

Poor little Dragons !!

Saying for the day: people who play with dragons are likely to get burned.
------My poor little dragons have been trashed.
Some bloggers think they are old fashioned.
Some bloggers think they are “ so 90”s”
Some bloggers just don’t like them.
They left these comments on the “100 best blogs “ website. You can get there by clicking on the banner on the left. The one that says “100 best blogs”, of course.
The Fascist Blog Fashion Police (not to be confused with the Busch fascist police of left wing blogs) have found me. I have been found guilty of having a 1990's template. I don't have one of those gaudy 2005 templates where the graphics take up so much room you never get to the content.
I had a 2003 template that came with this free blog but I didn't like it. It didn't say anything.
Hey, I like my little dragons. My wife thinks they are cute.
So what if they are gif animations. It is really , really, hard to find a flying dragon that isn’t.
Then of course there is the other problem. What little I know about computers is stuck in the 90’s. I don’t know about flash whatever.
I do know I like dragons.
I have a left wing dragon and a right wing dragon. One is red and one is green. My fortress, like my life is being attacked by both.
They breath fire. But in the end it isn’t real. Its made up fire. Just outdated gif animation. You know like the facts on left and right wing blogs. They look real but they aren’t. Of course the facts aren't gif animations . They are emotion animations.
So please don’t pick on my poor little dragons. They are symbols and despite being gif animations from another age they are powerful symbols.
Also please note in front of my fortress is a tiny little knight. His name is truth and he try's to protect me from the dragons.
I, however remain safe in my fortress and that’s no gif animation.

@@@ Today 5550 spins without a win. The hapless loser, who is a little slow to figure things out, discovered there are days when the IWON.com wheel gives out no prizes at all. He knows because there are days when the total number of winners is two. Since IWON has two contests that guarantee a winner every day that means there were no winners on the slot machine. Nobody, yes nobody, won a camera, or an Ipod, or the million dollars for that matter. This has to be the worst paying slot machine in the entire civilized world. Nobody wins. Hapless loser thinks that employees have fixed the wheel so they can take home the prizes. He wonders if CBS knows this. Well tune in again tomorrow and see if this information cures him on "As the World Spins" nominated for an early morning Clinker award.
******

If you like funny blogs (and who doesn't) you should try Tony's. In the link banners his is the one with guy by the Italian flag. While your there leave a comment and tell him Dr. John sent you.
Betty got up late after 8:00 and went to painting the mountain she made yesterday. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I called my computer hating sister and told her the prices I found for hotels in New York's theater district. She thanked me but said she hopes some Bush hating person will see her plight and let me know where a cheaper hotel is. You Busch haters have until November to help her out.
Speaking of Busch haters and Busch lovers I am thinking of starting a new blog where I award red dragons to left leaning blogs and green dragons to those on the right. The number of dragons will depend on how far out, how full of hate, and how really stupid they are. I'll keep you informed on the progress of that blog.
Betty moved the mountain to the layout and added some trees. Spent the rest of the afternoon cutting cardboard strips for the next mountain. I wasted time learning about flash animation and decided the programs I would have to buy are outside the budget. This is most certainly true since Betty just spent $50 on mountain supplies. We have expensive hobbies. I also changed the top ten layout on the church website and the front end of this blog.
Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John -
You need to look a little harder for a hotel in mid-town New York. I found one for under $100. Of course you had to share a bathroom ( which was probably on a different floor):-} So that's probably not what your sister is looking for either.

Sue

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool dragons!
love
g
--
http://g-thisisme.blogspirit.com

6:44 AM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Dad,

I love your dragons. That is all I have to say.

Pennie

8:05 PM  
Blogger Doris said...

You stand by your dragons with pride.... who knows they may become highly prized retro gifs!

I so know whta you mena about the modern templates... you have scroll down the page before you can see any content. Ugh. I must reduce mine even more now!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home