Saturday, November 26, 2005

Home again Home again Jiggity Jog

Saying for the day: It used to be that a man's best friend was his dog but now a man's best friend is his duct tape. Contributed by Lori
-----Good night. Did my fifty losing spins (the last of the losing spins in Green Bay).Now I'm up to 1550. Sent a letter to Dr. Niemi and had a little trouble with my laptop so may have sent him five or six of the same letter. Betty packed the car and we have so much stuff that it took about an hour and a half. We went to breakfast with the family which was one of the bright spots of the whole trip. I have a wonderful family and everybody including my sister Chris was there. Only Pat and family couldn't come but they were missed. The conversation and remembrances were just great. I do want to say one other thing about the time in Green Bay. When we went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving we found people to be very polite and helpful. Even when standing in a long line in JoAnne's nobody pushed or cut in and everybody just seemed willing to wait to get out. At other stores people rushed to help me get through the door with my walker. These were not holiday crowds as one reads of them in other places where they trample people. Its good to know there are good, kind, people in this world. At the motel some young men helped Betty bring in my oxygen tanks and other equipment and wouldn't take the money she tried to give them for the help. After breakfast I drove back to Crystal. This is the first time since I was in the hospital in Marquette when I have driven that far. Arriving home we found packages and a pile of mail including a foot of catalogues.After working through the mail Betty took a short nap. We went to Saturday night service, good sermon. Sent an e-mail to Dr. Braaten and got a response. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

1 Comments:

Blogger plinna said...

I'm glad you did not get sick. We taught Breanna how to play canasta tonight...so far she and Pete are winning against Pennie and me. We enjoyed having you and Betty.....Lori

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home