Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To Your Health

Saying for the Day: Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. ~Redd Foxx


My friend Ralph who is worried about my health sent me these ten ways to improve my health.

I want you to be healthy so I am passing them on to you.








1.)Brush twice a day!
2.)Dress right for the weather.
3.)Visit the dentist regularly.
4.)Get plenty of rest.
5.)Make sure your hair is dry before going outside.
6.)Eat right.
7.)Get outside in the sun every once in a while.
8.)Always wear a seatbelt.
9.)Control your drinking of alcoholic beverages.
10.)Smile! It will make you feel better.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Eino Jupola , who believes fully in the power of reason, is sure there is no whale is the Lake of the Loons.
He said, “ The town may have dragons which can’t exist, and a three foot rabbit in a sweater which is unreal , it may have a poltergeist which is just silly, but as sure as I’m standing here there is no whale in the Lake of the Loons. I am sure of this even if Petrovich comes up with another of those driblets he is so fond of. We live in a real, scientific world and a whale in the Lake of the Loons is something out of a fairy tale for children.
Poor Eino it is hard to be a rational person in Pigeon Falls but he tries.

As for the whale, two kids claim to have seen a shape in the dark last night on the Lake of the Loons. Water was shooting up into the air from the top of the shape. But they are just kids and may just be playing a joke. The kind of thing Tommy UK used to do.
Nobody goes to the Lake of the Loons without a camera any more. WLUC in Marquette is offering a $ 1000 for a picture of the Lake of the Loons whale. Of course, nobody admits that they are hoping to get a whale picture . They just took their camera to get family pictures. If nothing else this is going to give families some pictures for their albums.
As Eino expected Petrovich is now saying there might be as driblet that fits what is happening at the Lake of the Loons. He remembers a driblet he read in Coptic but never translated into English. He just can’t remember the number.
Is there a whale in the Lake of the Loons? Does Petrovich have a driblet? Will the White Rabbit be exposed as a hoax? Whast does Tommy UK have to do with all this? And of course is Tommy Uk really the undertaker’s kid? These and other questions that nobody really cares about might get answered in future episodes of News From Pigeon Falls.
*******


Today's Link-
Gullible's Travels- Getting ready for the end.
It was an interesting day. In the morning I worked through the next elf tale in my mind. Then I told it to my dragons who did not seem moved by it. Next I told my little monkey who is always supportive. Then I told Betty who siggested changes. Each time I told it it changed a bit. Now I will sleep on it and write it out tomorrow. In the afternoon I took a nap. Then we went downstairs and finished the eBay stuff until next fall. We took down the table we pictured them on.
Then I visited all my links.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I forgot that Tommy UK had visited his eccentric uncle earlier. They must have built a submarine of some sort.

Tommy should learn Coptic. Then he could read those driblets and make them come true. I think he would do a better job of intrepreting them than Petrovich.

BTW, how "boring" would your life be if you were to compile the saga of Pigeon Falls into a book? ???

5:16 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I knew it I knew it I kneeeewwwww it!!! There IS a whale in Lake of the Loons!!! ~~happy dancin'~~ twirls around This is sooooo exciting!!! Can't wait for Petrovich to FIND that driblet!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That was cute! I've been out in the sun so I think maybe I'll get some rest now.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

This was a fun post, I liked picture #10. Thank you for sharing. A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

The Uniform has been fitted, now comes the Licence Upgrade.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I love those health tips! The pictures are such fun! Just looking at them makes me feel better.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I would add 'If more than one person tells you to go to Mayo, GO!'

Don't you hate it when I comment????? Ok, I'll change it to "Awwwwwwww....cute pictures, look at the pwetty kitty...."

Still do not like my comments? FINE, I'm leaving....for now.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Great tips!!! I love the sayings on top of your posts!!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I have seen this before but it still makes me laugh!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Ralph gives good advice. Now I wonder how long it will be before Clair sends me the same advice...

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moment Eino starts declaring something impossible, I know for certain it is real.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I love the "Eat right" photo. Looks like me on my "off the diet wagon" days. Thanks for the tips!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that poor show cat getting its hair blown to bits...I know how she feels!

6:36 PM  
Blogger MedStudentWife said...

roflmao !!!

Love your "health tips" and wish I could put them on my web site at work... going to figure out how to send them off to like minded colleagues and family, tho'

They are too funny !!!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

John,
Those are just great. Just what I needed after today!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hahaha ! I will follow these rules by letter, hrrrm, pictures ! That really was good with my morning coffee, I just got up !

8:49 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i love the pics, talk about adorable and hillarious all in one. how thoughtful of your friend Ralph to be concern for your health, he is a good man, good friends are great!

it was a weird day here too, all the kids went to the dentist and while we were ready to walk out the door an incredible storm came through. we had huge hail etc...and our roof jumped with noise. the pup didn't need to hear it, already he could sense he was going into the kennel as we were leaving...Sooo, i thought, i know the dentist, it is close by, what the heck...well, the whole office was faccinated with him and i mean, all there...even my friend the dentist, he went nuts for him...a long enough appt took twice as long because of all the visiting, lol...


we actually spent hours there, yikes! lol.

i got to ask you something, i have read how you went to all your links but you didn't make it to mine. of course my link was moved because of turtle's pace blogging, but come and see us lower level people too...lol....

glad the monkey is keeping you good company and is a good listener. pets are good at that, ;p

hope you are sleeping soundly and breathing great. much love and hugs to all.

xo

12:07 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I didn't know Ebay was a seasonal event. I think the elf story came out just right!

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone at work sent me those, too.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Mark McLellan said...

Dr. John

Great photos, thanks for the smile. Also thanks for the link :-)

Mark (aka Gullible's Travels)

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home