Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday is Me

Saying for the day:Think positively about yourself.... ask God who made you to keep on remaking you. ~Norman Vincent Peale

This is a meme I found on Melli's blog. I liked some of her answers so much I used them as well.

A is for age: Something I have too much of.

B is for burger of choice: One Betty makes rather than fast food with cheese and relish on it.

C is for car you drive: Pontiac Montana

D is for your dog’s name: Maggie

E is for essential item you use every day: Oxygen by the tank

F is for favorite TV show at the moment: NCIS

G is for your favorite game: Canasta

H is for hometown: Ishpeming

I is for instruments you play: Accordian

J is for favorite juice: orange

K is for what you’d like to kick: Each member of Congress

L is for last restaurant you ate at: Country Buffet

M is for your favorite muppet: Cookie Monster... back in the days when he really ate cookies!

N is for number of piercings: Zero

O is for overnight hospital stays: I can’t count that high any more.

P is for people you were with today: Pennie, Betty

Q is for what you do with your quiet time: Sleep... read... Blog

R is for biggest regret: Should have gone to the doctor sooner

S is for status: Married... with children, grandchild, pets

T is for time you woke up today: 5:00!

U is for what you consider unique: Every God made creation under the sun! Plus the sun!

V is for vegetable you love: Carrots

W is for worst habit: procrastination

X is for x-rays you’ve had :Also too many to count

Y is for yummy food you ate today: Betty's Burger with Cheese and Relish

Z is for zodiac sign: Have no idea

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal The churches of Pigeon Falls were well attended yesterday. People came to thank God that they were back from whatever strange place they had been. Even Herman Hanson almost came. His wife was so happy but at the last minute he changed his mind and stayed home.
Pastor Joan reminded them that as long as their life was built on the rock, Jesus Christ, it didn’t matter where they were God was with them.
It was a nice warm day yesterday and a lot of families had picnic lunches up at the Lake of he Loon’s Park. It was almost as if the previous week had never happened.
In the middle of the afternoon the town dragon and her little ones flew over the lake. There were a lot of cameras and a lot of pictures taken. Somebody said something about entering a picture of the dragon and little ones in some kind of internet contest called ”From the Ground Up”. But others just wanted pictures to remind them of how perfect a day it was.
Tommy UK and the Tommy Club continued to search for clues as to what was in the building that exploded. Eino called his friend at Homeland security but they said that hadn’t found any metal piece with the letters MELI on them. Eino told them to keep going through the scrap it should be there.
Petrovich says that the entire incident proves what a great seer Alexis Grengicoff was. His advice saved Pigeon Falls. He was adding the event to his museum display in the new town museum.
*******

Today's Link-Flip Flop Floozie-Just an interesting blog
My oxygen read low normal this morning. I rejoiced. I thanked God for all the people who prayed for me. I know it may not stay there but today no oxygen tank. I added Sunday's sermon to the St. Mark's website and updated the Bible study. I arranged to go into the Church office tomorrow to show the secretary how to use the E.S.T.H.E.R. blog. I watched a little TV. I visited all my links. I went to upgrade my link list and discovered I've lost my link list program. I can not remember what I stored it under. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Happy Monday to you and Betty! Learning more about you was a good way to get the day started.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh! That Floozie is one of my BEST friends! Good choice!

LOL! If you think YOU have too much age, how do ya think MOSES felt? Huh? 5:00 is waaaaaaay too early... Thanks for link!

Now... I got thinkin' about this MELI thing again... Maybe it was upside down as well as backwards... maybe it's really I73W -- could be the road less traveled? Herman is a really tough cookie isn't he? Just like my husband! Alexis Grengicoff? I've got more homework to do... *sigh*

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the meme, Dr. John. Reading other people's makes me much happier than doing my own!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I've learned a bit more about you Dr John, Like quilly I'd rather read other's memes than do one of my own.

No word yet but I will be a bit more patient.

Blessings to you and Betty for a wonderful day

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog!! That is quite humbling to me!! I just write what slips out of old mind and my mouth!! So glad that someone thinks it is good!! smile. You played an accordion? Wow so did i for 10 years back when I was 8 I started. That was a long time ago now. people look at you funny when you say you used to play an accordion..smile. Thanks again for stopping by and do come back. Sandy

10:22 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I did not know you liked carrots. Your quiet time sounds a lot like mine. Never saw NCIS.

Now I have commented so I can go now...

1:41 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Is this the first that pictures could actually been taken of the dragon?

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this and also thought it looked fun. Boy that burger sounds wonderful.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Baba said...

Hi Dr. John, thanks for posting about my friend Sandy,flip flop flozzie..She helped me start my blog last year and I enjoy every minute of it. This has become my joy and pleasure in life.I have met so many wonderful people and have made lifetime friends...Baba

7:23 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Happy monday! I like learning new things about you. I really enjoyed your quote of the day too. It made me think.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ishpeming? Where the heck is that? Well, I guess I have the internet and can look that up. Funny name.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home