Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From the Archives Begins

Saying for the day: I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" ~Eve Merriam

I have so enjoyed going through the old pictures and clearing away the dust that I don’t want to stop. So I have decided to continue to post pictures until the end of the month but now under the heading of from the archives.
I start to day because it’s the day after memorial day with Betty’s father’s world war two pictures. He fought in Europe and was even a prisoner of war for a short time. I hope you enjoy the pictures.































































































#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal . Locked doors have never been a problem for Tommy UK he has been able to pick locks since he was six years old. So he pulled out his little wires and went to work on the lock on the building. It took a bit longer than he expected because it was a very good lock. When the lock opened he heard the ticking start. He wasn’t sure what it was but he ran as fast as he could to put the Kivi & Maki store building between him and the shed just in case.
Two minutes later came the explosion. The little building was blown to bits. The humming stopped.
In a little while people began to appear. First the soldiers, then the State Police, and then the people of town.
Life was back to normal.

*****

Today's Link- Mattressspolice.com- Some funny observations.
My oxygen dropped today to four points below normal. It was a hard breathing day and I lugged my oxygen around with me. In the morning I put the June newsletter up on the St. Mark's website. Then I looked at changing the front page of the website. Betty went to Bible Study. In the afternoon I took a nap. Then I sorted pictures to use for the rest of the month. I visited two rows of my links will get the rest tomorrow. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Good thing everyone was faded away or else they might have been injured by the explosion.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

You have quite a collection of old photos, a treasure trove in fact.

Well done Tommy! I don't know what he's done, but he's certainly done something!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm so happy that you will continue sharing the pictures. yes, i've enjoyed them all immensely. you and Betty both are all full of pretty sweet looking family members.

i had to smile a little yesterday with your post. you and being tagged is a bit funny. it was mighty nice of you to do the meme thought.

Francesca is being fitted with a 'boot' today. she has a badly sprained ankle. she injured it about 10 days or so ago. apparently is a torn? ligament and maybe a hairline fracture on a bone that is hard to see on xray. she has missed alot of school but doing the work from home. the 'boot' should help her be a bit more mobile with less discomfort. she is alright though.

Chelo is a great cuddleler for all our enjoyment. he plays hard and then cuddles, perfect doggie for us. we really, really like him. he has bought us most joy.

thank you to Betty's dad in heaven for the love of mankind to have sacrifice so much and tried to bring the world good. i'm sorry to think of how horrible his capture must have been. how hard for Betty and her family too. how horrible that war is still part of our world.

glad you had such a nice visit with the family yesterday. congratulations to the published writer, she is not only beauty but brains...

keep on breathing good. much love to all. xo

6:47 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I am glad you are going to continue sharing some of you pictures. I enjoyed seeing a part of your past.

Looking forward to the rest of the month and the pictures. The older pictures are more interesting as they tell a story and usually all that is left of that story is the picture.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

I hope you got my email I sent you with the news.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those pictures reminded me of the pictures of my father in the Pacific.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you continued the photos! I am so glad the people of Pigeon Falls are back. I am so glad Tommy didn't get blown up.

And I am tickled to see The Mattress Police as your link for the day. I hope Deisel is tickled as well.

9:38 AM  
Blogger robkroese said...

Thanks for the link!

BTW, I think the rest of that quote is: "...because I love an excuse to tell a gruesome war story."

1:53 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. How about those tents! Kids need better tents than that to camp in the living room.

3:07 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

It was so good to read about the people coming back to Pigeon Falls. Never a dull moment around there. Your soldier pictures are priceless - thanks so much for perservering through the picture searching :)

Nice to see Diesel linked up too.

3:49 PM  
Blogger david mcmahon said...

My friends Mushy and FHB would enjoy this post.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Wonderful photos for our Memorial Day! Time was so different in those photos.
I'm going to check out Mattressspolice now - the title is intriging!

Thanks for stopping by today!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Boy am I late getting here today! I'm still perplexed... I don't FEEL that my questions have been answered! What CAUSED the humming? What about the humming CAUSED the people to disappear... and HOW did Tommy UK figure it out??? Which clue did he follow??? AND... did he get arrested? WHERE were the people when they weren't in Pigeon Falls? Answers. We need MORE answers! What does Eye Witness News have to say about this???

I think the archives is a grand idea! And I like that you chose Betty's veteran dad to start continuing things!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I had to smile when I discovered your post the time when I was posting about my time in the army. Spiritual attunement or coincidence?

8:15 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

They are very precious these old photos. I hope someone in your family will continue to treasure them.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jules~ said...

Thank you for sharing these photos. It brought back memories of pictures I have seen of my own grandpa in the war. He with his friends, they were all so young and full of bravado and confidence as they proudly wore their uniforms of service.
I so love to look in the eyes of those in piotures and imagine their thoughts at the time, their important things, and their fun things.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home