Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Great Day


Saying for the Day: Special people make special days special.


Today is a special day








I never forgot the day because H.R. Block does a countdown to it on television.
For many it is time to remember we pay for the government.
We pay for the services we want and those we don’t want.
It is IRS day.

But for me it is a more important day..
It is the day our last tax deduction was born.
We may forget her brother’s birthdays but we can’t forget hers.
She choose a perfect day to come into the world.
She was conceived in Canada.
Born in a Crystal Falls Hospital that no longer exists..
She was wonderful from the beginning.
She was quieter than the boys.
She was and is the perfect daughter.
So

















We love you.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. It is supposed to get up to 60 degrees in Pigeon Falls today. People are so glad. It has been one long weird winter. They are ready for spring and summer. There are, after all, potatoes to be planted and flowers as well. There are festivals to plan to bring in the tourists. There are new stories to tell over at the Liar’s Club. This is the wonder of a time that makes things new.
The dragon flew again last night. It flies at almost the same time every night. People have started gathering expecting to see it fly over. It is almost like a festival. There is lots of laughing and shouting. Then suddenly somebody shouts there it is and things go very quiet except for the noise of cameras snapping and humming. After the fly over a bunch of the watchers head down to the Fly Inn for a drink or two. Others will go over to Nancy’s for some coffee and a saffron roll. From both groups dragon stories will arise. They will told and retold and in the future will be the stuff of legends.
Petrovich’s carpenter will finish his work on the Father Alexis Grengicoff room. That will be its official title. Here the driblets of the great Seer will be given their rightful place. Here a history of the great Seer will be distributed. One has never seen Petrovich happier. There is even talk that he may pay his carpenter to help with the rest of the renovation because he wants the museum to open as soon as possible.
*****

Today's Link-Terry's Timeout- Some thoughts on death and taxes
A little better day. The oxygen was up a bit.Betty went to Bible study. I worked on the computer. In the afternoon I watched TV and napped. Then I visited all my links. My sister Dawn called. We had a little party for Pennie. we filled balloons with Helium. Put too much in the expensive one and it exploded. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

If Petrovich ever has a kid, I imagine its name will be Alexis. Works for either a boy or a girl.

Happy Birthday to Pennie. You are fortunate to have such an attentive daughter.

5:50 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I thank you for your shout-out. You know, after waking up later than my usual 3:30am this morning at 4:40am, I rushed downstairs to pull off the post I had put up last night about death and taxes. It seemed too harsh a subject for my blog - as well as a bit too personal for my comfort level, but when I opened the site, I saw that several folks had already commented, so I left it. I like your blog. Wishing your daughter a happy birthday today.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Happy birthday to Pennie!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope she has a great day! And a nod to Betty too, she did all the work;-) Us moms should get to celebrate and get credit for our kids bdays too;-)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

A wonderful Tribute Dr John, a Very Happy Birthday is wished for Pennie

9:40 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I love her too, she is a great aunt and sister-in-law!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Penny! Celebrating her birthday is WAY more fun than paying taxes...beats it every time! ;)

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Pennie! I hope your day was grand!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

It is nice when parents can be proud of their children. And you seem to have really a special "extra" for Pennie. Happy Birthday to her.

Concerning the tax issue, I fully agree with you: We pay for things we want and for things we don't want. But, when I need an official document or a passport and I get it within moments, then I am happy that I have to struggle with my income tax inspector all the time.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh pls tell Pennie how much we wish her a very happy new birthyear. we send her hugs and kisses and probably some licks from the puppi and some sweet singing from the bird..i'm so glad you are all together now and she has both of you there and vice versa. i hope her pain has been in check and that it never hurts too much again.

i love the pics. quite the cutie she has always been, i was trying to see who she looks like more but i think it is both of you really.

i couldn't sleep so i got up to look around the house and frankly in the quiet and peace of the night thank God for the opportunity of this home. today i picked up a curio and bench and a lamp and set up the den-once more and i love it! we also moved the bearded dragon down to the game room in the basement so we rearranged that too and put some art on the wall and it looks better than ever. i was literately too excited to sleep. this is the first time since being a grown up, since being on my own that i have had such a nice place. Brendan thanked me again today, as he and the others have so much for they are so happy too, but he made sure he asked if i could promise to never do this again, lol..he said it has been wonderful and he is so happy and grateful but it has been so much work to never again...somebody mentioned we could sell and buy better and bigger, lol, and he jumped and said no way, than we have to start all over again, lol..

i'm really grateful dear friend, somehow i feel like thank you to God is not enough but i know that it is for He knows how grateful we are. what a pretty place the kids have and i'm so happy for them, they were never ashamed of our home but their pride is so easy to see now.

still no new post for me. emotionally the last few days were yuck and i know why (J bday) but today as i woke up i was very okay. this is and has been such a road and i hope someday i find someone to spend my life with, in the meantime it's about my kids.

'she' is doing well, treatment going good. the children's hospital have been very good to us. i hope that all kids can have the support and help with their healths as our kids in our countries. i realize how lucky we are, so many wouldn't have had the success as we have had. such scary times it has been but through it all God and so much love and prayers have been with us, like yours and Betty-thank you so much.

oh Dr. John, i am so blessed. He is always with us, just like the psalm 23 saids: Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.




i am glad todays breathing was better. i wish all your breaths were easy and care free.

thank you for your thoughts, daily blogging and reaching to some many people through the world and for the many prayers and kindness for so many of us.

my heart to you all, always,
xoxoxo

2:33 AM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Thanks Dad,
I am glad that God chose me to be your kid. I am also that on one occassion I saved you at least a cent.

Thanks for my party it was nice to have my family around to celebrate

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home