Saturday, April 12, 2008

Painful Maps

Saying for the Day: We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter. ~Denis Diderot

This is a map of recent visitors to my blog.
I check it every once in a great while to see where my readers are.
This is a close up of part of that map.

I used to have a good number of Upper Michigan readers. Now I have only two. The one in Caspian being the most faithful. I have more readers in Australia than I do in the UP. So sad.
I used to have a regular reader in Florence but he has disappeared as well. I am doing better in Europe than in Wisconsin.
Reality is such a pain. It shatters dreams.
I think it will be another great while before I look at these maps again.
Or perhaps tomorrow will be better.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Yesterday for the third day in a row our dragon flew. It was snowing again but that didn’t seem to have any effect on him. Its frequent visits are beginning to make people nervous. What is going on? Is something horrible about to happen? Doesn’t Petrovich have some kind of driblet about when dragons fly? People are strange. When the dragon doesn’t fly they ask where is he. When the dragon does fly they asdk why now. But there is a feeling that something is about to happen.
Nancy’s poltergeist has also stepped up his or its activity. More flying cups and saucers. More floating dishes. People are going in for a cup of coffee just to see what will happen next.
Tommy TW has started his new book tentatively called “ The Haunted Museum”. It’s set in a small town that turns what was a haunted house into a museum and the horrible things that happen there.
Petrovich has finally found a carpenter that isn’t afraid of ghosts and the work on his room has begun again. Of course, carpenters that don’t believe in ghosts charge more.
Tommy UK still thinks they need an Exorcist to drive the ghosts out. Eino has explained to him that ghosts don’t exist and therefore can’t be driven out. Eino is always the voice of reason.
*****

Todays link-Ivan's Blog- Some thoughts on turning thirty.
This was a really dull day. It rained all day. I was feeling a bit better than yesterday and my oxygen was up some but not enough so I spent most of the day on oxygen. In the morning I watched a dragon movie. Then visited all my links. Then I watched two dragon movies. By the time I got back to the computers my little computer dragons were lonely and upset. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Didnt know that about carpenters. I will have to keep that in mind next time I need one.

5:21 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Disappointing that the map places me 40 miles from my real location, but it does beg the question, How Do They Do That? Big Brother?

I supposedly have had a blog visitor from Iran.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a pretty good spread of visitors to me Dr. John. I'm curious how they do that too, I know it uses IP addresses, but the technology is absolutely beyond me.

6:48 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I hadn't thought about the IP address. Yes, mine is locally based in the town where my marker is.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i love that quote Dr. John, oh so true unfortunately.

i hope that map shows me in there. not often commenting and i have missed few days here and there for i was not at home or i was under the weather but more and more i'm able to get to my Dr. John fix in again..

i think a map, or numbers could ever accurately show how many lives you touch and have for so long now.

you are loved and cared for and respected in many countries and there is a reason for that, a very well deserved reason.

hello to all there, hope all have been well...

there is much to post about but so much of it is inside of me and it's not wanting to be writting out into the internet...i think instead i will write an email to you all...

the house though is still getting worked on, a few delays and more work to be done but it keeps on going and we are so happy with how it looks.

'she' has begun 'treatment'...this too is great news and i know you will be happy for the news. so far, cross your fingers, it is looking positive.

how i wish you and i could sit and visit and Betty too of course...so much i have to learn yet.

this patience and acceptance thing is hard, some days harder than others but God leave us NOT alone.

i'm blessed. i'm grateful. i hope i keep on learning and being faithful and true to myself. 'she' is not the only one in treatment. go forth &...


much love,xoxoxo

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You caught me! :)

Your regular "Marquette" reader,
Cori
(Needing sermon inspiration!!)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ I am sorry to hear that you don't have your regular readers from the UP anymore. Perhaps the reason why the visitor from Florence isn't visiting anymore is they may not be able to visit now. Anyway you got your regular visitors from Calgary with Louisiana and myself being two of the faithful. I may not comment everyday but I do come visit.

A Blessed Weekend is wished for you and Betty

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the lone poster out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? Shouldn't somebody toss her a life raft?

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why I, from Crystal Falls don't show up on your map? I don't read daily, but several times per week. Maybe there are others that don't show up either?
LOIS

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home