Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring at Last Perhaps

Saying for the Day-If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.Anne Bradstreet:

This is not an official announcement but I think Spring is here at last. I base this tentative conclusion on the following:
1. Yesterday it was 42 degrees here.
2. The big storm Monday night passed to the North of us.
3. There is no snow left on my front lawn.
4. There are just a few little piles of snow in the backyard.
5. I dreamed in color last night and the grass was green. ( A sure sign)
6. It’s supposed to get up to 50 degrees before Saturday.
7. It feels like Spring.
8. The rabbit in the back yard is more active( It’s driving the dog nuts)
9. There are birds flying around that weren’t there before.
10. All my joints ache.( A sign of season change)
Now I won’t be sure until I see the bulbs we planted last fall begin to push up in the garden. This assumes the rabbit didn’t get them. That the thaw and freeze and thaw and freeze didn’t kill them. There can be no real spring without spring flowers.
I’m waiting.
Come on flowers.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Bonnie McGregor had an ultrasound in Iron Mountain yesterday. The twins are doing fine. The Doctor asked if she wanted to know the sex of the babies and she said no. All her other kids were a surprise and she wanted these to be as well. They have names either way and so there is no need to know.
Tommy UK has begun to wonder why the prints that were on the mannequin box were on the registration desk. He can understand them being on the door to the sauna but why the registration desk. Certainly our crook didn’t have to register. It makes no sense. Tammy suggested that whoever brought the mannequin in was tired and leaned on the desk for support. Tommy UK pointed out the prints are going in the wrong direction for that. It is a mystery inside the mystery. Tommy PK ( Pastor’s Kid) suggested that there were two people one sat at the registration desk in case somebody came in while the other set up the fake murder. That’s a real possibility except that the prints on the box and on the mannequin are the same. Somehow that doesn’t feel right. The person handles the mannequin , brings it to the Sauna but then lets somebody else set up the murder. It’s a mystery in a mystery.
What sex are the twins? Can the fingerprint mystery be solved? What does it all mean? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid? Answers to these and other equally unhelpful questions might be found in coming issues of News from Pigeon Falls.
******

Today's Link-Lori, Ion, and Joe-World Autism Day
Got a lot done today. I visited all my links. Then Betty and I worked in the basement sorting track. In the afternoon we went back and counted, sorted, and pictured some more. I then put four boxes of track out for sale on eBay. Took time to check the garden. Our flowers are coming up. It is Spring , at least for today. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I am beginning to think that Tommy UK is not the Undertaker's Kid, but the Detective's Kid.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ Here North of the 49th Parallel it isn't officially Spring until we see our first Robin of the Season. Then we usually get another dump of snow.

I hope your Spring comes soon

A Blessed day is wished for Betty and yourself

7:48 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I know Spring is here because I'm in a better mood; D

All of the cherry trees are in bloom and the daffodils are wagging their heads at me.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Im still not convinced about spring!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Who asked Ann Bradstreet? If I want snow I'll travel north to see it.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring?! Are you kidding? It was 83F here yesterday! Spring is over. Summer has arrived!

9:46 AM  
Blogger bettygram said...

I did see robins when I was out walking Maggie. Maggie was very excited to see them

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home