Saturday, March 29, 2008

60 Minutes of Dark

Saying for the day-There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes . . . and dead armadillos. Jim Hightower
Yesterday while visiting one of the links I usually visit I was directed to go HERE . My blog friend thought this was a great idea. Instead of just standing by we could do something about Global Warming.
And who doesn’t want to do something about Global Warming.
Well there was that moment in the middle of Winter when we had more snow than ever and it was really cold that I thought Global Warming might even be a good thing. But that thought passed.
So I being an obedient sort started making plans for tonight. At 8:00 I would turn off all our lights, our television sets, our computers, do no laundry, wash no dishes. I was looking for our old telescope so I could sit on the deck ( though it still is very cold) and look at the sky. I would be doing my part and saving resources.
But then as I looked for links for “Today’s Link” I was directed HERE. These people want us to fight against the idea of Global Warming as a human creation. They want us to turn on everything. They even have a list of things to turn on.
Now I had a problem I couldn’t obey both groups. I have to decide for one or the other. Both want me to sign their petitions. Both are sure they are right.
One group believes that science has shown that we caused Global Warming. The other group believes and it has scientists as well that this is just another attempt by government to meddle in our lives.
I could try being middle of the road. I could turn everything off for half an hour and on for half an hour. I could sign one petition with my first name and one with my second ( they are the same length as opposed to my last which has one more letter) But you know what happens to middle of the road people. They get hit by rocks thrown from both sides.
Do you see what a quandary I’m in because I read blogs.
Well I have until 8:00 to make up my mind.
I wonder where that telescope is.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Eino found out how the mannequin got to Pigeon Falls. He called and talked to the person who sold it and the person said that it was bought by a person with a name like Pivi or Wigvi who wanted it for a store in Pigeon Hole. Eino then went over to Kivi&Maki’s store and asked if they had recently bought a mannequin . Sure enough old man Kivi had picked one up . It was real deal as he got it for almost nothing. He told Eino it was in a big box back in the storeroom. But when they went to check on it it wasn’t there. Somebody had swiped it.
That means we can put Tommy UK back on the suspect list. He could very well have swiped the mannequin . Eino now thinks that we can eliminate Petrovich. With all the money he has he could easily have bought one. He certainly didn’t need to steal one.
Tommy UK , of course , denies it. He thinks they should see if there are any fingerprints on the box the dummy was stored in. The State CSI people don’t think it’s worth bothering about. So who is there that can check for fingerprints?
Will fingerprints be found? Is Tommy UK really guilty? Could it be somebody we haven’t thought of yet? Will the state crime lab people suddenly show up? And of course though we are tired of the question is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
******

Today's Link-Out & About in New York City- The problem with blog awards.
Today we cooked. We made sixty little cup cakes to go with three dozen we bought yesterday and 90 saffron buns. we will serve them in church tomorrow in honor of Betty's birthday. I even have a little speech ready. She is so special that Pennie and I want the day to be special. But now IO needa breathing treatment and she gives it.
GBYA

4 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Maybe an elf granted a wish.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

The 60 minutes of dark will make little difference as you yourself commented on another blog. But to ignore global warming is like burying our heads in the sand. The thing is, we have the technological answers to reduce green house gas emissions but surprise, surprise, we may not have the will to do so.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Whatever you decide to do Dr John I'll support you, just make sure you are wearing something warm while you sit on your Back Porch. The Evenings are still chilly.

A Blessed Weekend is wished for you and Betty.

PS

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The global warming debate is enough to make you crazy isn't it. Either way though I think we need to take better care of our planet.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home