Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring

Saying for the Day- It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain
I think Spring might be coming. Not fast but it’s coming. The snow has begun to melt. It is melting slowly but it’s melting. You can see my back fence for the first time in months. There is no longer any ice on my deck. Here and there you can see brown spots in the farmer’s field behind us.It is enough to give me hope.
Oh !there are still large piles of snow all around us. There is snow covering where my tulips might come up. The TV weather person is predicting some snow will fall today.
But there are enough signs for me to hope that soon Winter will be a memory and Spring will be here.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Tammy from the Tommy Club went to Eino and suggested that they look over the mannequin for some clue to help solve the mystery. The mannequin was still locked in Jack’s Sauna waiting for the State Crime Lab to come. Practical jokes are not high on the Crime Lab’s list of things to investigate so it could be a very long wait. After a careful examination they found a little metal plate under the hair in the back of the mannequin’s head. It was built by Life Like Structures of Toledo, Ohio and there was an identification number on the plate.
That afternoon Eino called Life Like Structures and discovered the mannequin was sold to the K-Mart store in Brutish Bluffs, Montana. That’s also the home of the FLYFAST snowmobile company. Eino pointed this out to Tammy and said ,” Isn’t that an interesting coincidence?” Now we need to contact that K-Mart store.
That was not as easy as it sounded. It turned out the K-Mart store went out of business when the new Super WalMart opened. They sold out to the bare walls including several of the mannequins. No records were kept of those sales and they were all cash, no credit. Anybody could have bought it.
Has Eino hit a dead end? Is there no hope to solve the mystery? Can the Tommy Club find another way? Can it really be Barth Wader? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
******

Today's Link-Watergate Summer-You may not agree but it makes you think.
It certainly was a different day.I didn't do much on the computer because the boys were playing games on it. So I got no links visited. I did play a canasta game and lost. I watched the boys play. I foget how loud kids are. I almost took my hearing aid out. Well now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

So did they put a snowmobile suit on this mannequin when they rode into town? Maybe they should check to see if the FlyFast team has one too many snowmobile suits.

6:33 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

hey come to mu blog I have a contest.
its so hard I had a hard time with it and I created it

TCOB

p.s HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Wishing you and Betty an Early Spring and a Blessed Easter Weekend.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you've confessed your love for the movies as a child, I know where you learned to wwrite cliffhangers!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost took your hearing aid out? HAHA! Now THAT is funny!

I certainly have spring fever myself.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home