Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday

Saying for the day:Ride on Ride on in Majesty! In lowly pomp ride on to die. Palm Sunday Hymn

It is Palm Sunday and I look forward to the Church service. There will be a processional with the waving of Palms. The children’s choir will join the senior choir in a great anthem. Old familiar music will be sung. It will be a festive day. But then will come the reading of the Gospel from St. Matthew. It will begin with the entry into the city and go all the way up until the death on the cross. It is a very long reading. At that point a black shadow falls over the festivities. It is the shadow off the cross. We know this special day is just a respite before the terror to come. We are reminded of what it cdost God to tell us , loudly and clearly that He loves us.
It is Palm Sunday and we will celebrate not despite that shadow but because of that shadow.
Hosanna , God loves us.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The races ,yesterday, went along very well. There are now six finalist that will take part in today’s endurance race. They will race out to the Lake of the Loons and themn fifty times around it, and ten return to town. The final six includes the Polaris Team, one FLYFAST team, and Luke Snowslider . One FLFAST team and the Skido team were eliminated.The other three competitors are private individuals from all over the country. One is from Texas, one from Illinois, and one from Alaska. It is going to be one exciting race.
The Tommy club is very disappointed . At the last minute the great detective Jonathan Castle got called to Chicago to work on the “ Case of the Corpse in the Closet”. The poor kids had made all those welcome banners and had even worked on a song. There are days when nothing goes the way it is expected.
Tommy UK doesn’t know if he is happy or sad. There was no murder in the sauna or any other hot place on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. It looks like the driblet is not coming true.
Barth Wader is unhappy that one of his teams has been eliminated. He is predicting that he will finish at least five minutes ahead of his closest competition.
*******

Today's Link-Memories are made of This- A blog that asks " How do we get so old so fast?"
It was a good day. The Church service was great. What the children lacked in melody they made up in volume. Pennie read and did well. In the afternoon I worked at putting todays choir numbers on the Church webpage. I am still having trouble with Publisher 2000 and Vista. I keep making mistakes which must be their fault. My sister Dawn called. It was good to hear from her. Now I need a breathing treatment.'
GBYA

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAST THOU FORGOTTEN ME? I'm not in your "list of friends"? ... I do no leave a lot of comments; I have an excruciatingly slooooooooow dial-up connection.
YOU USTA HAVE A FINNISH WORDS PAGE ... IT IS STILL THERE ... IT IS NOT LISTED IN YOUR "INDEX".
I just made a new entry about Saint Urho.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Beautiful. =O)

This Holy Week is going to be a bit emotional for me. Mr. IOH is declining and its expected for him to pass away sometime this week. Mrs. IOH who broke her hip a few weeks ago can come back home this Thursday.

Mr. IOH is born again, at peace and on his way to see our Wonderful Lord!!

Mrs. IOH isn't born again - in much denial and agnostic. If possible, please pray that this week will provide her the comfort, hope and joy that can only be found in Christ.

Not sure how it will happen, but with Sister Ann as their nighttime caretaker and I during the day - I have a great hope that I will indeed witness a miracle this week.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Could be the illiteration in the Case of the Corpse in the Closet in Chicago was more of a draw to Detective Castle than Murder in the Sauna. Tommy needs to think of a catchier name and then Det. Castle will come.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song from the choir scared me cause it started from no where!

p.s I am 50% addictied to blogging

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I used to love Palm Sunday when I was a little girl and sang in the church choir. I love Easter Sunday too. I think I will go to the service next Sunday.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a volume control for your music that I can access? I want to listen to it, but when I open your blog it blares out so loud the neighborhood can hear. Then I have to fumble and change my computer volume controls, in the mean time, I have upset several people not at my computer -- or even in my home! This is the land of open windows.

5:32 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Great audio, John, Sounds like you had a great Palm Sunday.
I wanted you to know that I posted Part III today even though I thought it was on hold. (Recent events made it impossible not to point out the contrast in PATHOS.)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home