Saturday, March 08, 2008

My Hats

Saying for the day:Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus.Mother Teresa

In my lifetime I have worn many hats. I have been:

Santa Claus

Debate Coach

Worker at Bay Cliff Health Camp

Merchant Mariner

College Professor

Sunday School Teacher

Father

Computer Programmer

Drug Store Clerk

Kitchen help ( dish washer)

School Board Chairman

Chairman Upper Peninsula Council on Aging

Husband

Pastor

So as you can see I have worn many hats. Yesterday I put on one of my favorite hats and became Grandpa. There is something truly wonderful about being a grand parent. It’s like all my other jobs were just getting me ready for this one.

I have some of the greatest grandkids in the world. The miracle is they like me. Luke likes to tell me stories . He likes to play games. He loves to build. He reminds me of me at that age.

Bree is smarter than I ever was. She is also kind and caring. She can sing like a bird.

Of all the roles I have had in life this is one of the best.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Pigeon Falls is one week away from the big snowmobile weekend. There is plenty of snow. It is certainly cold enough. People are hard at work making sure the trail to the Lake of the Loons is ready. Later in the week they will work on the lake itself.

The Tommy Club is getting ready for the homecoming of Dr. Jonathan Castle , the famous detective and their hero. They have made welcome home signs to put up at the train depot.

But over all these preparations there stands like a black cloud, Petrovich’s driblet of death. Five times driblet 132 says “ He is dead”. Tommy UK has suggested that since the death seems to take place in the Sauna they should just close Jack’s Sauna for the weekend and that takes care of that But Eino said people race snowmobiles all the time. It doesn’t have to be this weekend. In addition to that there are all kinds of private saunas that people will be using this weekend. It just isn’t fair to Jack to close up his sauna based on a possible interpretation of a driblet. Besides who has the authority to close the sauna. They would need a court order. What judge would give such an order based on a driblet ?

Will Tommy UK find a way to close Jack’s Sauna and short circuit the driblet? Can you short circuit a driblet? Will there be a murder in the sauna? Will we need a great detective to solve it?and of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s son.? These and more silly questions might be answered next week or the week after or perhaps the week after that.

********

Today's Link-Mother of Shrek-Learn what mumnesia is .

It was a rough breathing day but otherwise it was great. I had breakfast with Bree and Luke which I enjoyed. I played with Luke while Bree went off with Aunt Pennie. In the afternoon Peter and Lori came. Peter helped me with HTML and I learned a lot. He also corrected a problem I was having with Vista. While we were doing that Bree, Pennie, and Betty went to the movies. Now I need a breathing treatment.

GBYA


6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I think Petrovich is the only one who needs to worry about staying out of the sauna.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why doesn't Jack just volunteer to close the sauna? I think with Petrovich's record to date, I'd be closing it if it were mine!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

You wear all your hats well and we are all better for it, thank you. how wonderful that you and Betty know where the real happiness is in life, your values are what makes your family so happy and successful for lack of a better word.

i don't pity my kids on anything but the one thing i did wish for them is that they had grandfathers. i guess that is why family is so important to me, or maybe it is because family is important to me that i wish my kids have grandfathers...

i imagine the memories and solid joy your grandkids have in their life with you and Betty. i often think it must be what i had many moons ago...i tell you, these days, these moments you are enjoying will stay with them as they go through life and will be their comfort and joy.

thank you for all the hats you were, thank you for many of us are better because of them. thank you most of all, for your heart, for your love to all mankind and for your example.

xoxooxoxo

8:10 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Nice surprise to see one of my hats on your blog!!
Ive been wearing one of my favorite ones today - my Aunty hat!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not yet a grandparent (and hope not not be for at least 18 more years) but I agree it must be the best. And I am sure you are one of the best!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My kids love their grandparents...they are always so excited to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home