Friday, February 29, 2008

Bad Week?

Saying for the day: Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got. Art Buchwald

We have come to the end of another week.
We still don’t know who the Democratic nominee for President will be.
There has been no new revelation concerning coffee.
The same old wars are still running.
Another United States Embassy was burned.
Suicide bombers are still blowing themselves and others up.
There was a another murder on a college campus.
My income tax still isn’t done.
The stupid snow and ice hasn’t gone away.
BBC requested that I die soon.( He is not a friend)
The local Post Office is out of flat rate priority boxes.
Bazza still has his berry good tree picture.
Vista is driving me insane or a good imitation there of.
I lost at canasta to Pennie.
I didn’t spend one single day working on the train.
The dog tore up the Sunday funnies.
My new computer loses its internet connection if I leave it turned on.
So as you can see it wasn’t the greatest week ever.
But next week will be better.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Old Doc Simpson wants to retire so the town is searching for a new Doctor. They are contacting medical schools for lists of upcoming graduates. It seems that Doctors have become so specialized that there aren’t enough general physicians for little rural towns like Pigeon Falls.
The town is building a clinic with offices and with some basic diagnostic lab facilities. There will be the ability to do x-rays and have some blood work done.They hope this will attract a young doctor. They intend to let him or her use the clinic free of charge if they agree to stay five years or more. Of course the patient has to pay for the lab work or x-rays.
The Ghost Hunters have informed the Fly Inn that they will be back this coming week. They have reserved three rooms. This time they are coming prepared with very special equipment. No [poltergeist is going to get the best of them.
Petrovich still hasn’t translated those driblets and soon the snowmobile weekend will have come and gone. If he wants to show that it has something to do with what is yet to happen he had better get moving.
******

Today's Link-Throwawayblog- Downtown Thompsonville in winter.
A hard breathing day. The oxygen count started out below normal. I got the church website updated. The new calendar is there. the March newsletter is there and Sunday's bulletin. I watched the last episodes of the Phantom serial. I did some more conversions to Vista. Little by little it all comes together. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger dmarks said...

Thanks for the link! I can relate to many of the things you mentioned.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

And I went to the dentist= (

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBC believes your death will stop Christianity? Wow. He's giving you a lot of credit, isn't he?

Consider this, the time he spends persecuting you is time he's not spending undermining somebody of weaker faith. I'll keep praying for the man -- if for no other reason than to irk him.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Doc Simpson best stay around at least until Bonnie McGregor gives birth. Seems Petrovich should concern himself with the baby driblet instead of some noisy old snowmobiles.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

It seems that you are joining the club of the Vista lovers. My son is getting nuts because of it. Me, I bought my notebook two years ago and will therefore continue to use XP happily for a few more years.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

BBC requested that I die soon.( He is not a friend)

I read what he wrote on your blog, and I couldn't believe it, I thought the man has GOT to be some kind of lunatic, so I went over to his website, read a bit, and found out that I was right, he is a lunatic. I guess it takes all kinds to make up a world, but all I am glad of is that I don't know that man BBC personally. He is scarey.

Anyway, Vista is the main reason I am not buying a newcomputer. I think it was designed to drive people crazy....

Next week will be better......:):)

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://bariossetos.net/][img]http://hopresovees.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]coreldraw graphics suite x4, [url=http://vonmertoes.net/]software market discount[/url]
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][/url] college academic software kaspersky internet security 2009 activation code
Software LCC`2005-2009 [url=http://vonmertoes.net/]purchasing oem software[/url] educational software tools
[url=http://bariossetos.net/]adobe software company[/url] free purchase software
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]software with buy and sell[/url] cheap software in
what software to buy to [url=http://vonmertoes.net/]storm educational software[/b]

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is an integral part of our lives in this day and age, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i SDHC[/url] DS Qezv2)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home