Monday, February 25, 2008

Me,Me,Me-Just Me

Saying for the day:"...I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not. And I'm sure happy with what I've got. I live and love and laugh a lot. And that's all I need..." ~ Kenny Chesney

Even More Things You Didn't Need to Know About Me

Stolen shamelessly from Stacy

What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
Dial and Dove

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
Always. I buy slices every week. Not as good as summer watermelon but passable.

What would you change about your living room?
Let's see....I would definitely make it bigger. I think I'd get rid of the sectional sofa with the arm falling off. But nobody touches my chair.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dirty . You mean it’s supposed to clean them?

What is in your fridge?
Enough to feed an army.

What is on top of your refrigerator?
Some wooden bowls and apples brought back from Haiti and probably a lot of dust.

What color or design is on your shower curtain?
No curtain. Plain old sliding door.

How many plants are in your home?
Three

Is your bed made right now?
No , I just got up..

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Old Dutch Cleanser

Is your closet organized?
Yep. Her stuff on one end. Mine on the other.

Can you describe your flashlight?
It’s red with a little blinking light on the side so you can find it in the dark.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
I drink out of a Javanagogh ceramic cup. It lifts the spirit.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
Its ten degrees out . What do you think?

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
We have a two car garage and are having trouble getting one car in it.

Curtains or blinds?
Yes

How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two. But I need one more.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
We keep the bathroom light on so I can find it in the middle of the night.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Pastor Joan shook them up over at Last Lutheran yesterday. She started her sermon by saying that once there was an evangelist who converted many people but was both immoral and lied. People thought she was talking about some television evangelist but then she said it was all recorded in the Bible. At the time the evangelist started her ministry she had had five husbands and was living with some guy. She stretched the truth about what Jesus told her. And yet the whole town got converted. Why. Because she knew Jesus was the Messiah and they believed her. Pastor Joan said if “You believe Jesus is the Messiah. Then there is nothing to prevent you from sharing that good news. If she could do it you can.”
Grandma Nelson has an electric stove today. Her kids s chipped in and bought her one. They thought she was to old to be carrying wood for her old wood stove. To be more exact they were tired of carrying wood for her to use in the old wood stove. Grandma Nelson says she doesn’t like the new stove. It burns things. It’s not like her dependable old stove. It has all these buttons and a thick book of instructions. Her old stove had one lever and you just put in more wood for more heat. Sometimes progress isn’t really progress in Pigeon Falls.
The army came and got its tanks yesterday afternoon. The big helicopters came and loaded them in. Somebody had pasted a picture of General Bradley in his dress on top of one of the tanks. The soldiers were laughing. They quit laughing when they looked inside. Somebody has pumped it full of insulating foam which was as solid as a rock. They did manage to get it into the helicopter and take it away.
One could blame Tommy UK but where would he get insulating foam?
*****

Today's Link-Wolfgrrrl- Where did the sun come from?
Rough breathing day. Started out six points below normal. we needed a monitor cable to get the new computer on line. We found one in the basement. Our basement has everything. I have begun setting up the new computer. I visited links today with it. It was so much faster. It never crashed when making comments. It was wonderful.I spent most of the day moving files so I can begin using this computer to blog with. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Maybe we could have a joint sale on sectionals since I want to get rid of mine, too.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Insulating foam is fun. They must have a Menards in Pigeon Falls.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Our furniture is well worn to be sure, but it is still comfy and will do until the grandkids are old enough to not pounce on it, walk on it, etc...which could be a while

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Pastor and Pastor Joan preached on the same text. I'd love to tell you about it except the medicines I am taking for my cold pretty well knocked me out. I could barely stay awake. Even though we had an after church activity planned, OC brought me home and I slept for 3.5 hours!

8:14 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

hey I opened a blog for my friend and I (don't worry I still have my blog) it is so cool! we share it and I want you guys to see it. so go to dollhousedreams first to get the address.
TCOB

2:30 PM  
Blogger Leslie: said...

I found you via Josie -she's honoured us both on her current post. Check it out. I like your blog so I'll be back! :D Cheers from a Baptist.

5:09 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

This was an interesting meme. We also have Dial soap and my wife Julie LOVES watermellon whenever we can get it.
Thanks for stopping by. I didn't know you used to teach debate.
Tom

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, I love watermelon too, and have some every day. It's very cleansing.

I discovered yesterday that I have a lot of dust on top of my refrigerator too. *heh*

9:16 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

I have a note next to my door.

"JUST BE YOURSELF.

No so called god required. Not that I don't honor spirit, I am spirit and I'm not brainwashed by a religion.

9:27 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Don't worry about it, you won't need breathing treatments much longer. You will go to be with your god.

He is calling you home because he loves you so much that he wants you to be with him.

He has a special treat for you. LOL

9:36 PM  
Blogger J C said...

Is bbc a friend of yours? That's a scary comment. I didn't like it much.

Um, dust on top of your fridge?? Huh?? No way! Cough, choke, hack, I'll be needing breathing treatments soon if I keep visiting your kitchen.

Household hint: Lose the Comet, Soft Scrub and Old Dutch, and pick up some Barkeepers Friend. I promise you'll love it!

Take good care of yourself my friend! And oh my gosh, thank you so much for the link!

Hi Betty... :)

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home