Friday, February 22, 2008

Gourmet Popcorn Chicken

Saying for the day:Everything I eat has been proved by some doctor or other to be a deadly poison, and everything I don't eat has been proved to be indispensable for life. But I go marching on. ~George Bernard Shaw

Those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know that I am a gourmet cook. I am, after all, the inventor of the ham and jam sandwich, both toasted and untoasted.
So when Ralph sent me this gourmet chicken recipe I knew I had to share it with you.
So here is the recipe for popcorn chicken:

Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing --imagine that.
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.
Give this a try.

4 - 5 lb. Chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brush chicken well with melted butter salt, and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's butt blows the oven door open
and the chicken flies across the room, it's done.

And you won’t find better popcorn chicken anywhere.
..
####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Petrovich. Still hasn’t posted either of the promised driblets on his website. People are saying that he should do one or the other and stop trying to do two at a time. Petrovich . Petrovich claims there is a scratch on the microfilm right at driblet 132 . Coptic is hard enough to translate but with a scratch it becomes almost impossible. He has contacted the monastery in Russia and they are going to take some pictures and e-mail them to him soon.
The town dragon did a fly over last night. One of the patrons from the Fly Inn bar was coming out as it flew over. It so startled him that he fell down the two steps and off the curb. He said that if he could he’d sue the dragon for pain and suffering. Nobody is paying much attention to him since he fell down those same steps the other night when there was no dragon. The real question is why does the bar have steps?
The “Ghost Hunters” TV show is coming to Pigeon Falls to do a story on the Latimer place. They have all that fancy equipment and can track the ghost and get it on tape. It seems they even have their own exorcist.
While they are here they might look in on Nancy’s poltergeist as well.
******

Today's Link-Cedar Flame- Another look at life.
A good breathing day but I'm getting cabin fever . I am so tired of snow and ice. I spent the day on the computer for the most part. I updated the Church web site. I played some games. I added the political elf tale to the list of elf tales you can get to on the side. I visited blogs I don't usually visit.Now I need a breathing treatment. Then I can see what happened to Monk.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I see cups of tea being pour on the heads of the crew of Ghost Hunters in their future.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

make that poured.

6:19 AM  
Blogger dmarks said...

Nice blog. How did a Tigers fan end up in Neenah?

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That chicken recipe sounds a bit messy. Before I try it, would you cook it and have Betty post a review?

8:24 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thanks for the Chuckle Dr John, the perfect way to start the end of the week.

Blessings to Betty and yourself.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Chicken shishkabooms!

Do I sense the next bit of weirdness about to hit Pigeon Falls?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The chicken sounds like something my kids would have tried. That is if they could figure out how to use the oven. The answer to what does the bar have steps? To make us ask that question.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With much interest, I carefully read the recipe for pop-corn chicken. Interesting, I thought! Then, came the unexpected punch line! I laughed for several minutes before I could write this. THANKS ....
LOIS

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I don't know who the inventor is but my husband's been making the ham and jam sandwich since I met him 25 years ago.

Thanks for the shout-out!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous motherbutterspopcorn said...

Thanks for sharing this useful information! Hope that you will continue with the kind of stuff you are doing. Your can also distributes your ideas and experience on.GourmetPopcorn

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home