Sunday, March 02, 2008

To be Spiritual

Saying for the Day- The difference between a flower and a weed is a judgement.~ Author Unknown ~

I have a question for you this morning.

A recent survey shows that there is a large group of people who consider themselves as spiritual but not religious.

What does it mean to be a spiritual person.

What does that mean?

If someone says they are Christian I know that they have some relationship to Jesus. They may not belong to any organized Church but at least they claim Jesus as God.

But what does it mean to be spiritual?

The person who likes to leave a comment on this blog telling me I should die and who likes to leave mean comments on other people’s blogs claims to be spiritual.

But long ago I learned not to judge a group by its worst members.

There are some pretty nasty people out there claiming to be Christian.

But what does it mean to be a spiritual person.

Is it a feeling?

Is it a set of beliefs? If so what are they?

Is it a way of living? If so what are the rules?

Is it a relationship? If so to what?

How do you become “ Spiritual”?

Any help you can give me I would appreciate.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Yesterday the Ghost Hunters set out to make their greatest television episode ever . They were going to film a genuine poltergeist in action. They came prepared with evrrerything they thought would protect them ewhile they got the pictures.

At nine in the morning they hauled some of the equipment up to Nancy’s Coffee shop. Nancy wasn’t there. She had gone to Des Moines with Tommy TW for a book signing party and to visit some old friends. Sandy was working in her place. The Ghost Hunters asked her to get the poltergeist out and she looked at them like they were crazy. She didn’t know anything about the poltergeist . Then she said they should either buy some coffee or leave so real customers could come in. So they set up outside the coffee shop and waited. They waited all day and no poltergeist. Nancy wouldn’t be back until Monday and it was beginning to look like the poltergeist only showed up when Nancy was there. So today they are moving their equipment out to the Latimer place to see if they can get some evidence there really are ghosts there.

Petrovich is sure that on Monday he will be have translated the snowmobile driblet and posted it to his blog. Eino says that he will believe it when he sees it. Eino thinks it is all nonsense.

*******

Today's Link-Women Studying the Scriptures-Do you have a question about the scriptures or rising from the scriptures? She invites your questions.

Good day. The Church service went well. There was a Baptism. The choir was great as usual. The fellowship afterward was first rate.In the afternoon I worked on getting some more programs set up in the new computer. I played canasta and I won. I read some more. Now I need a breathing treatment.

GBYA


3 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Everyone knows that Pigeon Falls "special" citizens never show up when there is a camera around. Or if they do show up, the equipment is destroyed. What they need is a certified courtroom sketch artist. The poltergist will never expect that.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Hello dear friend. I'm writting from my mac book and i'm all smiles. how much easier the whole thing is even for someone with so limited computer know how as me is great. i know you are a pretty smart whip and if anyone can handle Vista it will be you. however, i do wish you didn't have to fight with microsoft anymore. if you ever, ever have to buy another computer, get a Mac anything...trust me.

i have been working my back off and that off the kids, the moving of furniture, setting things up and cleaning as rooms get done has been huge BUT our home looks so beautiful and we love this work (even though we are sooo exhausted) for it means we are finally getting a real home with floors (except the tile, not there yet) and finished walls and no more unpainted walls( this is next) and enough cabinets in the kitchen ( although not yet there-this starts tomorrow).

we feel such joy and no longer stress if anyone comes over to the door anymore, lol..

of course this all means that i am not in the comp at all except to pay bills and the i sneak a comment here as now. i'm sorry for that for i miss you and Betty (and i'm so grateful for your blog visit and comments, truly grateful)..

went on 3 blind dates in Feb and they were fun and good to get out but friendships are all they are. my focus is being me and with my kids and improving our lives with work at home and in our inner world. still it was nice to doll up and be given flowers/chocolate.

re: your post today: i got to tell you that there are 2 types of favorite posts of yours for me. 1. personal 2. sundays, love them both..

todays post is something that i have thought of and had conversations about. this is my understanding as i have been told from a few different souls: religion is seen as an organized 'movement or organization', spirituality is believing in God without following set rules set by men.

i hope you and Betty know how much we care about you. know both that my family keeps on moving ahead doing the best we can day to day. we are a unit and although so not perfect not any of us, we keep on loving and supporting each other. we are good, better each day i think.

i leave you and Betty for now with my love and gratitude for your time, love, caring and compassion, for your prayers and for your friendship. i'm blessed. my cup overflows with many blessings and you both are 2 of them. thank you for being a part of our lives.

xoxooxoxxoox

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend who claimed to be spiritual. She was forever doing things to help her connect with her inner-spirit. It looked a lot to me like self-indulgence, but I could just be jealous.

I met a Native American teen when I was in college who said much the same things as my friend above, but to get in touch with his inner spirit, he did things to help others.

I think it is a very malleable substance.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home