Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'm Reading Again

Saying for the Day: Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown


If my blogs seem shorter in the next week or so it’s because I have two new books to read. Remember reading? It came before blogging.

Long before I started to blog I read six books by Donaldson. They were the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant and I loved them.

Now Donaldson has started four more books in the series. He calls them “ The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”.

I have started to read “The Runes of the Earth” the first book in the series.

I am having trouble putting it down.

Like the first two series the book takes place in two worlds, ours and another. They are joined by something called the arch of time. The evil Lord Foul wants to destroy that arch and thus become free to destroy both worlds.

Donaldson’s heroes are inadequate, flawed people. Which is one of the things that pulls you into the book.

In any case I have finished three chapters and will start reading again as soon as I finish this blog.

I will take some time out later today to visit some other blogs unless the book won’t let me.

Good blogging.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The Ghost Hunters returned this morning. They brought new and highly sophisticated equipment. They think this equipment can protect them from the poltergeist and get them the greatest pictures ever for the television program . They have taken three of the largest rooms the Fly Inn has and its banquet room. Only time will tell if it will work.

Tommy UK and the other Tommys are getting excited. It is just two weeks until their hero arrives. Dr. Jonathan Castle, the world’s greatest detective, is coming home for a short vacation. The boys and Tammy are preparing a special welcome for him. Eino is not sure the great man will be pleased by all the attention since he just wants to rest.

The new clinic should be finished by the end of the week. At this point there is no Doctor to move into it but the committee is still searching. Old Doc Simpson , who is tired, says he has a plan of his own if they fail.

Will the Ghost Hunters succeed? Will Dr. Castle be happy with his reception? What plan does Dr. Simpson have? Will Petrovich finally translate those driblets? And of course Is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?

*******

Today's Link-Big White Hat-Another look at Disco.

It was a great day. My oxygen was well up in the normal level . I read half of my book. I visited all my links. Betty, Pennie and I went out to Applebee's for dinner. We used a Christmas gift card. It was a great meal. When we came home we played canasta and Betty won. Tomorrow I hope to finish the book. Now I need a breathing treatment.

GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

The universe in a grain of sand
The emotions wrapped in a song
the worlds created in a book

Ahh the power of the word
In the beginning was the word
Let there be light!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Ghost Hunters and the Worlds greatest detective in Pigeon Falls at the same time. Surely something will get solved.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I have read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant and I share your appreciation of Donaldson's flawed heroes. Enjoyed it very much and liked the thought of the world's creator choosing such unlikely champions. Hope you will enjoy the new series.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I really liked today's saying.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just enrolled in the United Methodist's Women's Reading Program and my goal is 20 books this year! I am currently on book number 3 so as you can see I'm a little s-l-o-w.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

A new series for me to check out. Nothing beats reading a book.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I am unable to read books anymore, but when I could I wouldn't put them down until they were finished. I remember in High school staying up all night reading. And then trying to stay awake during school the next day. But now, reading gives me terrible headaches so I can only read for a short time. And not little print.

Sounds like an interesting series, but probably not my type of books, I am not into fantasy that much. maybe it is a boy thing, nah, my daughter loves fantasy. so does my husband and son, I am the lone wolf on this issue. although I loved Harry Potter, go figure.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home