Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Fight Goes On

Saying for the day:Technology... is a queer thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ~C.P. Snow,

Yesterday I continued the battle with the *.mov file. I needed to change it into something that would load into my movie editor so I could shorten the file so I could upload it to u-tube.

I went to Google and found what looked like the perfect program. I downloaded it and started the conversion process. I created an*.AVI fuile, a *wmf file, and an *mpeg file. All of them in theory would load into my moivie editor. I was almost there.

I ran the *.avi file. It had wonderful sound but the picture had been replaced by swirling lines. That’s ok I had two others.

So I ran the *mpeg file. There was picture this time but it kept breaking up.

But I had one more. I ran the *wmf file. It ran perfectly.

Now I tried to load it into the movie editor and it wouldn't load. If I hasd a hammer at that point I would have turned my new computer into rubble.

Then I noticed that the *wmf file was smaller than the *.mov file. I could upload it to u-tube. So I went to U-Tube. I typed in all the information and I hit the upload button. Nothing happened. I hit the click here if nothing happens place and nothing happened.

I refused , however, to be defeated. I decided to go back to Google and find a program that would make a streaming video file and then imbedded it in the website. When you can’t go one way try another.

I fpound a program called coffee cup which had a sixty day free trial. I downloaded it and set it to converting my *.mov file. It just sat there.I waited five minutes. It just sat there.

I gave up and Googled again.

Now I found an advertisement for a program that met all my needs. It was call4ed “Easy FLV”. I bought it. I downloaded it.

It was really two programs. One to create the streamning video file and one to imbed it in the website.

Well,the conversion program worked like a charm. It created a great *flv file. Itested it in my browser and it was perfect.

Now on to part two. I entered all the information and this super easy program created a huge HTML file . This was not the easy put oit in your website they promused me.

First I am very poor at html.

Second I don’t have an html editor on this computer.

So in desperation I went back to Coffee Cup. I entered my new streaming video file into it. I pushed the create button. It gave me four things to add to me website that didn’t require any knowledge of html at all. So I entered them. Made the change in my original program and now the choir sings on the website.

I don’t know if anybody else from the Churcfh will see it. But my wife went there last night and she enjoyed the choir.

For me It was enough that I finally won the battle with the computer but now I suppose I will have to buy Coffee Cup.

####News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The Ghost Hunters met with Nancy yesterday at her coffee shop. She told them the poltergeist comes and goes and she has no control over it. She wishes it would just stay away.

Going back to their room at the Fly Inn they discovered that somebody had turned on their equipment and was sending a video to their home office . It was a video of a mouse that was sitting on the table when they came in but scurried into a hole in the corner. They are sure the mouse didn’t turn the equipment on. The manager of the Fly Inn said they don’t have mice in the Inn. He also said that he didn’t see anybody go to their room while they were gone. Some kid had asked where they were but he felt sure the kid left. Besides all the rooms were locked. So it remains a bit of a mystery.

The Ghost Hunters now need to decide if its worth staying in the hope that the poltergeist will return or should they pack up and go.

The new clinic is finished. Now they need to find a Doctor to use it. Old Doc Simpson says they should keep looking but in the meantime he has a plan. He will move into the clinic and get a Physician Assistant and A Nurse Practitioner to help him. They can do almost everything he does. He will go in to the office one day a week and if they have problems they can call him. The Town Council is thinking over his offer.

******

Today's Link-Proclaiming Softly- There is a question.

Another good day. The ocxygen level was up into the middle normal range this morning. That doesn't happen very often. I spent most of the day reading. I finished the first book in the series and started the second. I also spent a couple of hours trying to understand how one gets videos on the website. I can do it but I want more control. Now I need a breathing treatment.

GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

The people at the Fly Inn dont know who Tommy UK is? Tommy UK can turn himself in to a mouse? Or has he trained some? Hmmm.

5:40 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Did you look at the fabric pictured part way down on the right hand side of the linked page????

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Ghost Hunter guys should have spoken to the former general before wandering into Pigeon Falls.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you found a program to upload your video. I had no problem seeing or hearing when I visited the Church's Website.

The video worked in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Whaaaa????

Dr. John, I hope you understand what you wrote, because I sure didn't.

*heh*

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home