Sunday, March 09, 2008

I Must

Saying for the day:19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19


God expects , no demands, that those who have the joy of Jesus in their lives share it with others. The very Spirit that created faith in us through the Word drives us to share it. Like the woman at the well we want to cry out “ Come and see what Jesus has done for me. Come and share my joy .

But because we are still sinners we often get it wrong.

What we seem to say is not share my joy but look I’m better than you. God loves me more than you. I am holier than you. Those aren’t the words of the follower of Jesus they are the words of the Pharisee.

WE are not better.

We are not holier.

We are not loved by God more than others

But we do know the joy of walking with Jesus.

We do want you to have it as well.

And so despite our own sinfulness. We try.

We invite.

We share.

We cry when people turn away.

We so wanted them to have what we have.

But it is not our job to convert anybody. That is the job of the Holy Spirit.

Our job is to share the love and the joy.

So , this morning, if you have never experienced the joy of walking with Jesus. I invite you to try.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Tommy UK contacted Jack in Florida and asked him not to have his nephewopen the Sauna next weekend. He read Petrovich’s driblet 132 to him. Jack laughed and said he isn’t letting something some long dead monk said direct his life. People want the Sauna open and he is going to have it open. It’s a public service.It’s also, of course, a chance to make money. Jack charges the tourists twice what he charges the locals to take a sauna. No driblet is going to cut off that kind of public service.

Pastor Joan expects a number of people will show up late for church today. It happens every year. People don’t change their clocks and show up an hour late. It is better in the fall when they show up an hour early. At least it doesn’t fall on Esasyter anymore. Before they moved the change date it used to fall on Easter every fourth or fifth year. That was a real pain.

Tommy UK is the acolyte this morning. That always makes Pastor Joan nervous. She remembers the exploding candles. Not that they ever proved it was Tommy UK but they still think he arranged it.

Petrovich is still working on the driblet that has to do with an old woman giving birth. He wants to get that on his website this week. He also thinks that Jack should close the Sauna just to be on the safe side. Yet he believes that what the Monk saw will happen. It cannot be stopped or prevented.

*********

Today's Link-Random Thoughts from a Housewife- A look at a different Church

It was a good day. The oxygen count was in the low normal. We made it to church on time despite the time change. I was going to get a video of the choir but my camera died. It needs new bateries. Had great fellowship after with one of the other retired pastors that belongs to St. Marks. In the afternoonwe played canasta. I won. Then I visited all my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.'

GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Leap year and early clock change -- it would even confuse those in Pigeon Falls.

5:58 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Hi Dr. John. Is that music from your own church? Sounds really nice. Hope you were not offended by that little joke I sent you. I really thought Betty would get a chuckle out of it. Have a wonderful Sunday...and thanks for the music! :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I look forward to your Sunday posts. They are always meaningful. Thank you.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, someone once asked me why I didn't find leading a youth ministry in a transient neighborhood to be highly discouraging. She said, "You never know if you've saved them because they move on so quickly."

I told her my job wasn't to save them, just to introduce them to Jesus.

Sometimes it is hard to work with kids in lives they never would have chosen for themselves -- drunk/abusive/violent/absent/ parents or combinations thereof -- but I trust that God is watching over every seed I plant and he will send others to tend it if I cannot.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ I always like reading your Sunday Post, thank you for sharing. I have been walking with God for as long as I can remember, there are times I have Back Slid but came back and was still welcomed. Someday I must tell you my "Billy Graham" story when I was about 5 years old and sitting on my Mum's knee while she watched one of his Crusades on television.

Blessings to you and Betty for a Joyous Sunday

12:49 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hey your blog is singing to me. Sounds nice on this Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for sharing - everything, and all the joys the Lord has placed in your life.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go winning canasta. Poor Betty needs a win though, is that waterfall still getting her stuck on her game? LOL!

8:35 PM  
Blogger GW said...

Hi, Dr. John. Thank you for commenting on my blog - it means a lot to me. I'm sorry to be so scarce lately. I've been online less since getting so many hours at work last week and then changing webhosts. Okay, actually, I've been online a lot the last several days, but I've been consumed with trying to get our blogs tweaked. So far, so good, but I have a lot left to do!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I used to enjoy playing canasta, but haven't played now for about 20 years.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jeje0606nike air huarache
salomon boots
michael kors outlet online
polo ralph lauren outlet
moncler online outlet
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren outlet
moncler online outlet
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren outlet

6:18 PM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

jordan shoes
mlb jerseys
air yeezy
kd shoes
replica rolex
off white hoodie
balenciaga
kobe 9
links of london outlet store
lebron james shoes

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home