Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Get a Gun

Saying for the day: And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? Eddie Izzard

These are rough times. Crooks and murderers seem to be everywhere. Perhaps you are thinking this is the time to exercise your right as an American to own and carry a gun. Before you run out and get one read the following:

A man, 20, showing off to friends after miscounting bullets, fatally shot himself in the head (Dallas, January). [Dallas Morning News, 1-26-08]

A man who said he didn't feel safe walking his dog unless he had his gun with him, wounded himself on a walk (Palm Bay, Fla., February). [WKMG-TV (Orlando), 2-6-08]

A convenience-store robber, 25, shot himself in the genitals when stuffing the gun into his waistband (Kokomo, Ind., January). [WRTV (Indianapolis), 1-15-08]

A man, 26, checking on a disturbance near his apartment, shot himself in the buttocks (Scottsdale, Ariz., December). [KVOA-TV (Tucson)-AP, 12-13-07]

An insurance company employee, 47, who brings a gun every day to hang in his cubicle, shot himself in both legs while handling it (Lake Worth, Texas, October). [Star-Telegram (Fort Worth)], 10-30-07]

A man, 26, shot himself in the head while loading his gun at a firing range (Riverside, Calif., November). [Press-Enterprise (Riverside)], 11-24-07]

Perhaps we should get a guard dog.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Two days have passed and there are still no answers. Nobody has figured out how a mannequin can lock itself in a room with only one door. There was no way to lock or unlock it from the outside. Eino has had the Sauna sealed up waiting for somebody from the State Crime Lab to come an examine the scene. The problem is that this was not a real murder and the state people are reluctant to spend money to investigate a practical joke. It is possible they won’t come at all.
Tommy UK has suggested that the robbery of the medal and money and the fake murder are connected. The one made the other possible. But since Tommy UK is one of the suspects people are not paying attention to him. They think he is just trying to cast suspicion away from himself.
As far as the robbery goes there are no clues. Nobody admits to seeing anything. They were all caught up in the drama at the Sauna. There are, of course, no fingerprints since it was cold and everybody was wearing gloves.
One big question is why did the crook take the medal. It has no real value. One can understand taking the cash but why the medal?
******

Today's Link-Gardens by the Lake-- - A reminder that Spring is coming.
Not a bad day. I visted all my links. Betty and I worked in the basement on the next part of the layout. We are slow. My sister calleed. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Maybe the metal the medal was made of was valuable.

I dont think that Tommy UK would have access to a realistic looking mannequin. Tho Tommy probably figured out you could lock the sauna bolt using a magnet on the outside.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan knows how the door was locked so obviously she is a suspect now!

As to the hand gun thing -- there are no women on that list of stupidity. Men, let your ladies carry the guns.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I personally have no problem with intelligent people carrying guns, and the stupid ones will soon be of no consequence since they have all shot themselves. haha

As quilly said, you notice there are no women on that list, so I guess we carry guns. I personally feel much more secure knowing that I have a gun here in the house. It is locked up, yes, but if someone broke in, I wouldn't hesitate to use it to protect my family. Here in Georgia, in cobb county, if you own a home you are required to own a gun. We have a different attitute about guns in the south.

It is interesting, they don't allow guns in Britian I believe, yet, they seem to have more ingenious ways to dispatch their enemies....and their spouses. I watch a lot of British murder mysteries.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't make me feel secure, Dr. John. They are thinking about passing legislation in my state to allow college students to pack guns on campus. I can see it now...

"Why didn't I get the interview with (insert big company name here)?"

"I am not sure. You need to contact the recruiter directly. I only set up the schedule."

BLAM! BLAM!

I wonder if I will get to pack, too. If so I just might go get my concealed weapons permit so I feel safe at work. LOL

2:57 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

We have the right to bear arms.
We also have the right to be stupid.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Guns and idiots are a danger to everyone including themselves. Some sadly funny examples in your list.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home